Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Best series on TV in the last 10 years?

knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #17
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
i liked prison break season 1...
the rest was...

I agree here. This show had the potential, great actors, and a great plotline.

Currently in the last ten years I'll go with the Walking Dead

For comedy I'll say Storage Wars
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Game of Thrones

Comedy: Only Fools and Horses, Friends, Entourage...

I also like True Blood, Supernatural and Spartacus

On my to-watch list: BB, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #19
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

I love Dexter. I keep meaning to watch Breaking Bad on Netflix but there's already like 5 seasons and it will take forever to catch up
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #20
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

lost
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #21
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
seinfeld finished in 98

i'd say breaking bad and arrested development or curb or the office (UK)... can't decide on a comedy.
Thats right, I just realized that and it made me feel old. I like curb and office(uk) a lot, but I have not started arrested development yet. I really need to. I think if I pushed it back to 25 years my picks would probably stay the same.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #22
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Game of Thrones

Comedy: Only Fools and Horses, Friends, Entourage...

I also like True Blood, Supernatural and Spartacus

On my to-watch list: BB, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire

Entourage was fun to watch and engaging, but really the writing was average. True blood I watched like 2 episodes and thought it was dumb, but different strokes and all...
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #23
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mad Men for me but I havent watched most of the critically acclaimed dramas.

Avatar: The Last Airbender deserves a mention imo. Love that show.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #24
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I love Dexter. I keep meaning to watch Breaking Bad on Netflix but there's already like 5 seasons and it will take forever to catch up

so...you gotta watch it..

trust me.
AlphaWolf24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #25
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i came in to this thread to call the OP a b!tch and other awful names, but he chose breaking bad. nicely done, op.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #26
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

CSI: NY is severely underrated. Futurama edges out Family Guy just a bit in my opinion. The latest seasons of both are pretty dissapointing though.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #27
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
Games of Thrones and it's not even close
GAP
Breaking Bad
The Wire
The Walking Dead
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

I like Game of Thrones, but wow really? Over Breaking Bad and the Wire and by that much? I actually like Boardwalk Empire over Game of Thrones, which for whatever reason gets way more hype while BE is rarely mentioned. I really don't get the appeal to that level but to each his own. Different opinions I guess.

I just recently over the past year got into dramas and I'd rank the ones I've seen like this:

1. Breaking Bad/Wire
2. Wire/Breaking Bad (Just really can't pick between the two)
3. Boardwalk Empire
4. Game of Thrones

Shows that I plan on eventually watching: The Sopranos, Dexter, and the Shield.

FYI - I like Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and comedies like that, but they just aren't anywhere near as interesting .
guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #28
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

The Wire
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #29
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

From what I've seen the top 3 in really any order would probably be Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad. Prison Break was probably my personal favorite and was extremely entertaining but it was nowhere near written as well as the other 3 nor did the acting compare. Walking Dead is another personal favorite just because of the zombies but season 2 was extremely weak.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #30
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Drama: Lost, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Mad Men, Dexter
Comedy: Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: