Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #46
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Best series on TV in the last 10 years?

The thing is, with all these dramas being mentioned, they all had weak points and most of them got progressively worse each season. The writers got lazy and/or they just decided to milk the series without putting in much effort. Prison Break (don't get me started on how shitty the finale season was), 24 are perfect examples. Lost was all around excellent but there were some really weak points in the series.

Breaking Bad stands alone for me as a drama that has always been very strong and has improved every season.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #47
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

GTFO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BB>craptoberfest
What's wrong with my list? Breaking Bad not being # 1
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #48
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
What's wrong with my list? Breaking Bad not being # 1
i think the word GAP
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #49
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i think the word GAP
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1844577/
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #50
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwake
The thing is, with all these dramas being mentioned, they all had weak points and most of them got progressively worse each season. The writers got lazy and/or they just decided to milk the series without putting in much effort. Prison Break (don't get me started on how shitty the finale season was), 24 are perfect examples. Lost was all around excellent but there were some really weak points in the series.

Breaking Bad stands alone for me as a drama that has always been very strong and has improved every season.

I think season 4 has clearly been the best and I don't think it'll get any better then that, although still great.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #51
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation

For me the Best Show I have watched has been FX's The Shield.. From start to end that show had me wondering how the hell they were gonna pull this off. The way they ended it was quite a ride.

Now mind you I have not seen the wire.. and I have heard of it.. and hearing all you talk about it.. I gotta hit up blockbuster and rent it now.
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #52
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I'd agree with you 100% if the 5th season never happened, and it had better closure. The Sopranos was another series that didn't give you closure that made you feel good but at least it didn't end with a shitty season like the Wire.

Breaking Bad to me has a chance to be the best for me because you get the feeling it's going to end in epic style.

The Sopranos was never about making the audience 'feel good' or giving them closure. It was nihilistic/absurdist at its core ("It's all a big nothing") and the finale was in line with that. Season 5 of the Wire pissed me off, especially since it followed the brilliant 4th season. I haven't seen it since it aired, so maybe I'd feel differently now but it was easily the weakest of the 5 seasons by a good margin.
DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #53
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwake
Drama: for me it's Breaking Bad, easy. I was posting in the BB thread and realized how much I love this show. It gets progressively better every season and is really shaping up to end on a high note.

Comedy: Seinfeld, no other comedy comes close imo.
i agree, its breaking bad
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #54
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The answer is easy:

LOST
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #55
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

The Wire

The Office (uk), Lucky Louie, Chappelle show
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #56
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board

Easily The Wire.

No show, not even Breaking Bad (which takes a distant second) comes close.

For comedy, it's gotta be Arrested Development. The wittiness, depth, and intelligence of the writing on that show was worthy.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #57
Goliath Uterus
average size weiner

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Wire, Breaking Bad, Planet earth, game of thrones... comedy is prolly Curb your enthusiasm or arrested development
Goliath Uterus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #58
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

arrested development for me
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #59
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Comedy: Workaholics
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #60
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

How has nobody mentioned

VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: