Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #76
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Best series on TV in the last 10 years?

Lost would be much higher up the list for me if the ending wasn't what the writers said they would never do (really early on) because it trivialized everything in the series. Basically we got toward the end and it was , wait - that can't be where we are going, because the writers already said they wouldn't do that.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #77
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Again, the Sopranos is the greatest (consistent) show I've ever seen not named Breaking Bad.

guy - vice versa; haven't seen the wire yet.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #78
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Again, the Sopranos is the greatest (consistent) show I've ever seen not named Breaking Bad.

guy - vice versa; haven't seen the wire yet.

The Wire is probably the most in depth drama in the history of television. It's really involved and feels the most "real" of any show that's probably ever been on. I mean, it is REALLY involved and smart. But when I think "Best Series", I'm not sure if I would say that necessarily. Best Series is also cultural impact and The Wire is such a niche show that not many people have seen. That's why I'm not sure I'd give it the title.

To me, LOST and Sopranos were 2 shows that were both great AND sort of defined TV in a way because of their overall impact.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #79
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Nip/Tuck and The Shield have something to say about this.

The first two seasons of Nip/Tuck are amazing. The writers ran out of ideas though.

The Shield was amazing all the way until the end. It's the only show that is up there with Breaking Bad.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #80
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

The Shield just makes it under the 10 year rule. Best written show in tv history.

Breaking Bad the only thing close imo.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #81
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Wire

The Simpsons - The quality dropped, but overall it's still better than the wannabees.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #82
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojogaqu11
-Homeland

this just started but has potential. one of the best first seasons of tv ever for sure
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #83
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I nominate Arrested Development for best comedy if people are separating the best shows into different categories.

The 4th season comes out on Netflix in April 2013!!!!

I'm really digging Modern Family, and Happy Endings as well. Very funny shows right now. And HOLY **** - Todd Margaret is comedic gold!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #84
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
The Simpsons - The quality dropped, but overall it's still better than the wannabees.

right now there is no way the simpsons is better than south park or futurama. classic simpsons yes, but the new stuff is just awful.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #85
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

South Park is one of the more overrated shows out there. I don't know how many terrible episodes I've watched only too see sheep praise it online.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #86
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you didn't list The Wire, then you haven't seen The Wire.

I'm gonna go with:

The Wire
Battlestar Galactica
Breaking Bad

After watching The Wire and shows like Breaking Bad, Sopranos almost comes off like a cartoon.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #87
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
South Park is one of the more overrated shows out there. I don't know how many terrible episodes I've watched only too see sheep praise it online.

i'll admit it is in decline too, but right now they are putting out better episodes than the simpsons. both south park and the simpsons are trying to replicate things that gave them success in the past. but it isn't working as well anymore. south park tries to hard on topical social commentary and the simpsons keep rehashing tired jokes that include some sort of pop culture reference.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #88
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board

Quote:

Right, people are sheep simply due to the fact that they disagree with your elitist opinions.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #89
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen
Right, people are sheep simply due to the fact that they disagree with your elitist opinions.

No, because they're easily swayed. LOL at elitist opinions.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: