Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2012, 01:01 AM   #46
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What did George Bush accomplish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
so how many of those deaths were from american troops??

bush put down sadam which was a great accomplishment. im sorry if the followers to one of the worst dictators of our generation cause a lot of deaths. most of those death had nothing to do with us.
1: Just curious: Do you give Obama credit for killing bin Laden?

2: The vast majority of US troops don't go around intentionally killing civilians (it does happen unintentionally, especially when we launch explosives at areas we suspect an enemy combatant to be hiding). What Bush is being blamed for is sparking an unnecessary war based on false intel that has led to hundreds of thousands of deaths. When we went into Iraq we were not "greeted as liberators." We were seen as an invading army. What you clearly don't know is that it's not just Hussein loyalists that were fighting. It was people that lost loved ones and resented a foreign country taking over theirs, destroying their infrastructure and killing thousands of their countrymen. We started the war, not Iraq, so the idea that the resultant chaos had "nothing to do with us" is ridiculous. Of course we're involved, we overthrew their government and then fought the various insurgents that are bound to rise up in a country in chaos. You think that after Hussein was eliminated that they just went kumbaya and immediately had a democratically elected government and nothing to complain about? If I charged into your house, shot your dad, burned down half the rooms and then told you how to live would you just accept it?

3: Do you think we should be going around the world eliminating every government we disapprove of? North Korea is and was far closer to having a nuke than Iraq was, why don't we go in there?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #47
joe
College star

joe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Lol this serious response seems out of place in a thread like this.

lol ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Govt and the private, capitalist financial industry each did their fair share of damage in causing the crash. It's easy to point fingers at one and not the other but doing that is incorrect.

Don't know why I'm even posting this because I feel like we have had this convo a dozen times before.

Because it's fun to disagree and debate, aye?

You're missing my initial point. You can't blame the private, capitalist financial industry, because we didn't have a private, capitalist financial industry. Our economic problems were caused by government, and George Bush's reputation of being a "free market guy" has masked that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
The better question is why is the Republican's base of middle American poor-middle class people so in favor of making the rich richer? Do they really buy into the 'trickle down' nonsense that has been time and time again proven to be utter bullshit?

Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

What do you mean by trickle down economics? That word is so overused it's sort of an empty vase at this point.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #48
joe
College star

joe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

2: The vast majority of US troops don't go around intentionally killing civilians (it does happen unintentionally, especially when we launch explosives at areas we suspect an enemy combatant to be hiding). What Bush is being blamed for is sparking an unnecessary war based on false intel that has led to hundreds of thousands of deaths. When we went into Iraq we were not "greeted as liberators." We were seen as an invading army. What you clearly don't know is that it's not just Hussein loyalists that were fighting. It was people that lost loved ones and resented a foreign country taking over theirs, destroying their infrastructure and killing thousands of their countrymen. We started the war, not Iraq, so the idea that the resultant chaos had "nothing to do with us" is ridiculous. Of course we're involved, we overthrew their government and then fought the various insurgents that are bound to rise up in a country in chaos. You think that after Hussein was eliminated that they just went kumbaya and immediately had a democratically elected government and nothing to complain about? If I charged into your house, shot your dad, burned down half the rooms and then told you how to live would you just accept it?

3: Do you think we should be going around the world eliminating every government we disapprove of? North Korea is and was far closer to having a nuke than Iraq was, why don't we go in there?

good post
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #49
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

1) i give obama just as much credit as bush for killing osama... which is very little. the main credit goes to the military/intelligence agency.

2)there were not hundreds of thousands of deaths... in fact, in the article you posted it said that 2009 was the peak year of deaths. remind me who was in office in 2009?

we were not taking over their country at all... we were helping them start a revolution.

i do believe money for us was involved...

**** also , please read this book. i had to read it last year for a class. holy shit, it opened my alot

it shows how money is involved in basically everything... i loved it.

the shit about south america is pretty surprising. same with the iraq war.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #50
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
1) i give obama just as much credit as bush for killing osama... which is very little. the main credit goes to the military/intelligence agency.
Past posts didn't sound like you were giving Bush "very little" credit. In fact you wrote, "bush put down sadam which was a great accomplishment" and credited Bush's strategery (sic). Whatever though.

Quote:
2)there were not hundreds of thousands of deaths... in fact, in the article you posted it said that 2009 was the peak year of deaths. remind me who was in office in 2009?
162,000...I posted a link for you, you know.

Quote:
we were not taking over their country at all... we were helping them start a revolution.
Ok, this is asinine. You're in denial, we can't have a real debate if you don't have a firmer grasp on reality.
Quote:
i do believe money for us was involved...
Where's my money? I didn't get any money. This is a ripoff.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #51
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Past posts didn't sound like you were giving Bush "very little" credit. In fact you wrote, "bush put down sadam which was a great accomplishment" and credited Bush's strategery (sic). Whatever though.

162,000...I posted a link for you, you know.

Ok, this is asinine. You're in denial, we can't have a real debate if you don't have a firmer grasp on reality.
Where's my money? I didn't get any money. This is a ripoff.

first of, there was no money involved for regular people... that all went to the Halliburton people..

(read this book i posted!!! it is magnificent.)

also... im sorry if implied that "bush took down sadam"

what i meant to say was that under bush we took down sadam and his government just like under barack we took down osama.

and that is what it comes down to.

under those president we took down those people.

the presidents had nothing to do with inavasion/attack plans... the just decided if it was ok to do so at that time.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #52
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

If any of you are really missing Dubya , you can always write him in this November.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: