Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #31
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Best Live Rock Bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
That's at least 3 hours too much Guns N Roses

No way. You obviously don't like them as much as I do, but I'm sure they would change your mind once you were there in person.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #32
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
Metallica and Iron Maiden still put on a worthy set. Soundgarden and Alice in Chains still perform at a great level; its good for music that these two bands are back at it.

Motorhead was great just for sheer loudness and attitude.

See a few Deftones mentions in here. Sevendust is another band from that era that really kills it live.

Metallica was pretty good live as far as constant energy and sound quality, but felt they lacked in the showmanship department. Alice in Chains was also good. Sevendust was sort of a disappointment for me live.

Would love to see Maiden, Soundgarden, and Motorhead. Soundgarden is starting up a new tour, but damn it is expensive.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #33
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Metallica was pretty good live as far as constant energy and sound quality, but felt they lacked in the showmanship department. Alice in Chains was also good. Sevendust was sort of a disappointment for me live.

Would love to see Maiden, Soundgarden, and Motorhead. Soundgarden is starting up a new tour, but damn it is expensive.

Soundgarden's playing smaller joints on this tour, so the price and demand is nuts. They're playing Boston, but I'm gonna pass...money at this time of year goes towards Celtics games.

My buddy and I saw them on their amphitheater tour last summer...magnificent. Good two hours or so, 20+ songs. Should be something similar for this tour since they have new material to play from King Animal.

What I'm really aching for is a Rage Against the Machine tour. That's the only band from the early-mid 90s that I grew up listening to and never got to see live. Had tickets to the Rage/Beastie Boys tour right before Rage broke up...and the tour was cancelled when Mike D broke his arm or something stupid.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #34
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
No way. You obviously don't like them as much as I do, but I'm sure they would change your mind once you were there in person.

Even bands I like I don't want to see play for more than an hour. Overkill.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #35
Myth

Quote:

Ok. Sounds like we just like different things from concerts overall.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #36
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

That's the first time I've even seen a perspective like that. Not hating just...having trouble wrapping my head around that.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #37
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm not a huge fan of Volbeat (they're just okay), but they put on a good live show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkjj1LOaeG0

They opened for Metallica when I saw them, and they got a really good response from the crowd. Lamb of God was also good.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #38
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
That's the first time I've even seen a perspective like that. Not hating just...having trouble wrapping my head around that.

Well I've never actually seen a band I like play for more than that, but I don't think I would like it. 30 mins is good.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #39
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

Rage Against the Machine at the Palladium in 96 was the most intense show I ever seen.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #40
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Had tickets to the Rage/Beastie Boys tour right before Rage broke up...and the tour was cancelled when Mike D broke his arm or something stupid.
Ha, my brother had tickets to one of their shows on that tour as well. I think Mike D separated his shoulder or something in a biking accident.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: