Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-05-2012, 02:49 AM   #1
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

puppychili has an OK reputation so far
Default MLB 12 The Show

Does anyone here have experience with this game? I haven't played a baseball game in eons and have so many questions.

The instruction book is practically useless. Why does my controller shake like crazy at the end of a game? I put it on beginner mode and all that does is make the computer control the fielders who screw up way too much.

How do I make batting easier? I have a job, I can't do training all day. It would be nice if I could start off with easy batting and work my way up.

Also on beginner mode the pitching is different than in training. There is no aiming circle that expands and contracts. The controller just shakes. Sometimes it seems like it shakes when I aim the pitch where the catcher wants me to. What does the shaking mean?

Sorry to ask so many questions but any help would be MUCH appreciated. I haven't played a baseball game since Nintendo 64 and while the graphics on MLB 12 are out of this world, it just seems way more complicated than it should be compared to games like Madden and NBA 2k.
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB 12 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychili
Does anyone here have experience with this game? I haven't played a baseball game in eons and have so many questions.

The instruction book is practically useless. Why does my controller shake like crazy at the end of a game? I put it on beginner mode and all that does is make the computer control the fielders who screw up way too much.

How do I make batting easier? I have a job, I can't do training all day. It would be nice if I could start off with easy batting and work my way up.

Also on beginner mode the pitching is different than in training. There is no aiming circle that expands and contracts. The controller just shakes. Sometimes it seems like it shakes when I aim the pitch where the catcher wants me to. What does the shaking mean?

Sorry to ask so many questions but any help would be MUCH appreciated. I haven't played a baseball game since Nintendo 64 and while the graphics on MLB 12 are out of this world, it just seems way more complicated than it should be compared to games like Madden and NBA 2k.

This is my feelings on this game. The interfaces are too difficult and just not fun. Can you learn and get good at it? YES. Is it worth it? To me no. Games are supposed to be fun.

I'd return it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

I rented it from Gamefly.

How much have you played it? Can you answer any of my questions?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:19 AM   #4
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Out of all sports games, The Show has shown me the absolute best commentary during the game. It actually does feel like a real game because they are on point. They flashback to previous innings if you've hit a HR or they show you the strike zone and the pitches you threw to strike a batter out. If you hit a walk off they celebrate and go crazy like you would hear in real life.

I have had great times playing this game.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

Big Bulls and Bears fan too ballin!

Can you answer some of my questions?

Why does the controller shake so much in the later innings? Is it cause the players are tired? Or is it just to make it harder?

Why does the controller shake when you aim at certain pitch locations?

Is there a way to make the hitting easier? Beginner mode is lame cause you have no control of the defense.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
1.Why does the controller shake so much in the later innings? Is it cause the players are tired? Or is it just to make it harder?

2.Why does the controller shake when you aim at certain pitch locations?

1. A combo of being tired or being in a pressure situation.

2. The idea is to make it harder to locate a pitch on the corner of the plate. I think with better command pitchers like Doc Halladay it doesn't shake as much but a guy like Jonathan Sanchez who walks tons of guys it will shake like crazy.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:21 AM   #7
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Meh...if you switch to classic hitting and fielding, the controls are a piece of cake. The hardcore Show guys may think that's lame, or whatever, but I've been a pretty hardcore The Show player for three years now and have always used classic hitting and fielding.

It's an extremely addicting game to me and, despite being a bigger NBA fan, it's the best sports game on the market. It has flaws but it's not as buggy or cheesy as 2K gets. Haven't played The Show '12 a whole lot. Bought it, but was too wrapped up in my Braves franchise from '11, so I haven't got into '12 a whole lot outside of my RTTS LFer.

Speaking of which, have you tried Road to the Show, yet? That might be the way to go. If you want to get through your career faster, I'd suggest being a pitcher. My favorite RTTS player the last several years was a pitcher I got 10 or 11 years deep within in '10.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #8
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly dude, just use the classic fielding and hitting mode, and utilize the guess the pitch function.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: