Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Reasons why Pau should play C and Dwight PF...

Pau is taller than DH...

Pau's PER is higher when he plays C

Pau is a better interior passer than Dwight

Pau's inside moves are better (right now)

DH's strength is rebounding (compared to shooting), his offensive
rebounding skill is much higher than Pau

...so how about starting Pau at C and Dwight at PF?

I admit I don't know all the offensive sets, but there may
be times when this lineup would work.....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Reasons why Pau should play C and Dwight PF...

Dwight is significantly stronger, and has an "inside presence" mentality. He has no outside game whatsoever, and can't dribble anywhere near where Pau can dribble.

A center and a PF are supposed to compliment each other since they play next to each other, and this would not work if Pau was the center. Pau can't even guard other centers.

My mind is so lost because of how many things are wrong with this idea. I can't even get a consistent focus on one wrong area.

Since you listed Pau's success as a center, do you mind listing Dwight's success as a power forward?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Dwight is significantly stronger, and has an "inside presence" mentality. He has no outside game whatsoever, and can't dribble anywhere near where Pau can dribble.

A center and a PF are supposed to compliment each other since they play next to each other, and this would not work if Pau was the center. Pau can't even guard other centers.

My mind is so lost because of how many things are wrong with this idea. I can't even get a consistent focus on one wrong area.

Since you listed Pau's success as a center, do you mind listing Dwight's success as a power forward?

Haha......you've done it, I have nothing to add that you didn't say
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

this is the most ridiculous thread ever.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Haha......you've done it, I have nothing to add that you didn't say

magicmanfan is a great guy. Passionate fan, but I just didn't get how this could ever work.

lol finally a post that you agreed with 100%
Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
magicmanfan is a great guy. Passionate fan, but I just didn't get how this could ever work.

thanks for that complement...

Let me explain......

I heard that Pau's PER was higher playing center and it got me thinking....

I also don't like the idea of Pau standing behind the 3-point line shooting
3s.... the Princeton offense seems to have Pau outside....

Then add the fact that DH is a terrific offensive rebounder, and there
it is... why not play DH at PF?

And I didn't say they were GOOD REASONS!!!!

and I just wanted to stir the soup a bit, this forum is slow these days...
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
this is the most ridiculous thread ever.
2nd to you... I'm sorry.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pau is goin to be a Forward and most likely will chill in the outside, cuz Dwight is gonna be all up in the post.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
thanks for that complement...

Let me explain......

I heard that Pau's PER was higher playing center and it got me thinking....

I also don't like the idea of Pau standing behind the 3-point line shooting
3s.... the Princeton offense seems to have Pau outside....

Then add the fact that DH is a terrific offensive rebounder, and there
it is... why not play DH at PF?

And I didn't say they were GOOD REASONS!!!!

and I just wanted to stir the soup a bit, this forum is slow these days...

Well thats just it. You would rather have Dwight outside the 3 point line over Pau?

Pau can hit them sometimes, not always. And it is not the only place for Pau to score points. The princeton offense is a motion offense. It will present many opportunities for Pau to contribute offensively anywhere on the floor. The offense works for someone like him. Its Dwight that we have to worry about.

I sure hope Eddie Jordan and Bickerstaff will know how to manage this.

Edit: I know its been slow. Its nice of you to keep posting. Sorry if I came off as a punk. You know I didn't mean it ;)
Old 09-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:

Old 09-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
DKLaker

Quote:
Well thats just it. You would rather have Dwight outside the 3 point line over Pau?

Pau can hit them sometimes, not always. And it is not the only place for Pau to score points. The princeton offense is a motion offense. It will present many opportunities for Pau to contribute offensively anywhere on the floor. The offense works for someone like him. Its Dwight that we have to worry about.

I sure hope Eddie Jordan and Bickerstaff will know how to manage this.

Edit: I know its been slow. Its nice of you to keep posting. Sorry if I came off as a punk. You know I didn't mean it ;)

OMG......I was going to post "So....you'd rather have Dwight outside "

No offense magicmanfan but when I hear someone talk about PER or +/- ratio I get This is the crap that stat heads and fanboys create to TRY to understand the game....to coaches it is sheer lunacy. If I EVER hear an NBA coach giving credibility to that stuff i'll know it's time to stop watching NBA basketball.
You just have to actually WATCH the game and learn it, there are so many subtle things that there are no stats for, and so many variables.

Forget about what you have read or know about the Princeton offense, they are NOT going to run it in the traditional sense, Pau will not be running around the perimeter much.......I wish they would stop calling what they are going to do "Princeton" because it's really not....it's a hybrid which will use some elements of Princeton. Like comparing steel toed work boots to Kobe 7's.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
OMG......I was going to post "So....you'd rather have Dwight outside "

No offense magicmanfan but when I hear someone talk about PER or +/- ratio I get This is the crap that stat heads and fanboys create to TRY to understand the game....to coaches it is sheer lunacy. If I EVER hear an NBA coach giving credibility to that stuff i'll know it's time to stop watching NBA basketball.
You just have to actually WATCH the game and learn it, there are so many subtle things that there are no stats for, and so many variables.

Forget about what you have read or know about the Princeton offense, they are NOT going to run it in the traditional sense, Pau will not be running around the perimeter much.......I wish they would stop calling what they are going to do "Princeton" because it's really not....it's a hybrid which will use some elements of Princeton. Like comparing steel toed work boots to Kobe 7's.

A bit of princeton, a bit of triangle, combined with Nash Pick n rolls should be enough offense on the board don't you think?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #13
DKLaker

Quote:
A bit of princeton, a bit of triangle, combined with Nash Pick n rolls should be enough offense on the board don't you think?

Yeah, right on target
Old 09-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Yeah, right on target

Then we can keep MB?
Old 09-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #15
DKLaker

Quote:
Then we can keep MB?

NO!!!!!!!

(That was funny )
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: