Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Default On an important first date what would you do?

Ok so you are on a first dinner date with a super hot chick. Keep in mind that you actually like this chick and she's not just a regular piece of ass. Things are going good and then some idiot comes up and tries to sell you a flower at your table. You know the ones I'm talking about. They will usually come up to you and say "A flower for the pretty lady?" or some shit like that.

Do you......

A. Be polite and buy her the flower and move on with your evening

B. Tell the seller that they have a lot of balls putting you on the spot like this because they know you don't want to look cheap. Tell them that you don't appreciate being guilted or manipulated into buying the flower and tell them to get the f**k outta here.

C. ?????

Personally I think it would be kinda gangster to choose B. I think any real woman would respect you for not being taken advantage of. It could backfire on you but I don't think getting played like a schmuck is attractive to the opposite sex. What say you?
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
jaydacris
Rose

Default Re: On an important first date what would you do?

"yes i would like a flower for this pretty lady. but not your cheap a.ss shiet.. fuggg outta here!"

win
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #3
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
"yes i would like a flower for this pretty lady. but not your cheap a.ss shiet.. fuggg outta here!"

win

Yes. I like where your head's at. If you don't buy the flower I think it is important to end the conversation with "fuggg outta here!" That could be the key to the whole thing.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Now thank you, this beautiful lady is worth more than a flower ... gets them every time.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
Ok so you are on a first dinner date with a super hot chick. Keep in mind that you actually like this chick and she's not just a regular piece of ass. Things are going good and then some idiot comes up and tries to sell you a flower at your table. You know the ones I'm talking about. They will usually come up to you and say "A flower for the pretty lady?" or some shit like that.

Do you......

A. Be polite and buy her the flower and move on with your evening

B. Tell the seller that they have a lot of balls putting you on the spot like this because they know you don't want to look cheap. Tell them that you don't appreciate being guilted or manipulated into buying the flower and tell them to get the f**k outta here.

C. ?????

Personally I think it would be kinda gangster to choose B. I think any real woman would respect you for not being taken advantage of. It could backfire on you but I don't think getting played like a schmuck is attractive to the opposite sex. What say you?
You sound like someone easily susceptible to peer pressure, the exact kind of person these flower sellers are aiming for. You think too much what other people think about you. Of course everyone in the world cares what others think of them, but you care way too much.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:22 AM   #6
AI Thornton
Homage to Al Thornton

Say "Niggga, how the fugg am I suppose to get this bich drunk with flowers?"
AI Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #7
ace23

Follow the first sentence of B with A.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:38 AM   #8
plowking
well DENG

I've stopped doing dinner dates. Too expensive most of the time, and cliche to an extent.

Go somewhere where there is a nice strip of restaurants/bars to choose from and get a cocktail and a light snack to eat. That way you won't have those flower douches come by as well. Plus you won't be sitting across from her this way, and one drink of alcohol relaxes everyone to the point of comfortable but not messy.

I'm rambling... Just a formula that I've found works better for me though.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 AM   #9
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Thornton
Say "Niggga, how the fugg am I suppose to get this bich drunk with flowers?"

jizzo u scared me i really thought i wrote this post for a second
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:12 AM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Be yourself. Sounds cliché, but if you're pretending, she will notice.

And lunch > dinner for first date.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:17 AM   #11
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
You sound like someone easily susceptible to peer pressure, the exact kind of person these flower sellers are aiming for. You think too much what other people think about you. Of course everyone in the world cares what others think of them, but you care way too much.

You don't know a goddamn thing about what kind of a person I am or what I care about. F**k you.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:21 AM   #12
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

I've never had this happen before, but I'm glad I know what to do now. I think looking like a bitch is worse than looking cheap.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:23 AM   #13
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Remember, this is purely a hypothetical situation. I was just curious what people think of these assholes. I think they are d**ks. I'm not trying to get relationship advice. lol
Old 09-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #14
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I've stopped doing dinner dates. Too expensive most of the time, and cliche to an extent.

Go somewhere where there is a nice strip of restaurants/bars to choose from and get a cocktail and a light snack to eat. That way you won't have those flower douches come by as well. Plus you won't be sitting across from her this way, and one drink of alcohol relaxes everyone to the point of comfortable but not messy.

I'm rambling... Just a formula that I've found works better for me though.

Real talk right here. That "flower sh!t" is for the movies, and I've said this before. If a girl is interested in you, she's interested in YOU as a person, not what you can buy her. Most fine chicks have been handed enough flowers to start their own florist shop. What they really want is someone to relate to them, without kissing their ass.

A good meal, and a cocktail is the best way to break the ice. That way, if it doesn't work out, you've had a great meal, and are too buzzed to care whether she really liked you or not. If "not", then hey, on to the next...
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #15
Raz

Get the flower you cheap asshole, and give the guy a tip. Be flashy, pretend you're care free with money. Buy drinks out of your price range all night for her and yourself, get wasted, bone her.

NO decent woman would be interested in a guy that complains about a flower guy on the first date.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: