Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #46
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: #30 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

I love John Stockton. You put he and wade in the same league in their primes nobody asks who is better. Its Wade. Hes been as good as some people on this list in their primes since his second season.

You could say the same thing about Patrick Ewing and John Stockton.

Prime for prime, do you think Wade was a better player than Patrick Ewing? I'm undecided.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #47
oolalaa
I eat cheese

oolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
And Dennis Rodman could pass his ass off.......

Rodman didn't touch the ball enough on the offensive end for his passing to impact games in any meaninful way. I should have been a little clearer.
oolalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #48
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Torn between Ewing and Stockton in this spot ... funny thing is i don't think Cousy is THAT much better than Stockton, but the list shows it that way ... anyways ... Stockton is my pick.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #49
MisterAmazing
Good High School Starter

MisterAmazing has not been impressing people

Willis Reed just beats out Ewing for my vote
MisterAmazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #50
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
You could say the same thing about Patrick Ewing and John Stockton.

Prime for prime, do you think Wade was a better player than Patrick Ewing? I'm undecided.

I mentioned that earlier too:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=22
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #51
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

Agreed.

Wade was arguably the best player in the league in 2009, and a top two player for several other seasons. As good as John Stockton was, he was never on that level. I'd even say that a peak Wade is more comparable to a peak Malone than he is to peak Stockton, at least impact wise.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #52
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
No idea where people are getting the idea that wade this high is a problem. At least 14 people on this list...sharing a league with Wade? might not be better. 4-5 people already on it have been widely considered worse than Wade at some point in or near their primes sharing a league with him. Hes a 2 time champ. Leagues leading scorer. No less than 10 of the guys ranked over him never accomplished what he did as a team leader and the great number of them had more talent than he did in 06 to do it.

I love John Stockton. You put he and wade in the same league in their primes nobody asks who is better. Its Wade. Hes been as good as some people on this list in their primes since his second season.

I agree with everything said here but my VOTE is STOCKTON.

Wade should be right behind him..in a few years, Wade will probably pass stockton and several others on this list but stockton has the 2 records that will be very very hard to break and he deserves a lot of credit for how he played later in his career. Will Wade's body even hold up to play at a stockton-like level in his mid to late 30s?

Last edited by PK3434 : 09-10-2012 at 08:17 PM.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #53
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK3434
I agree with everything said here but my VOTE is STOCKTON.

Wade should be right behind him..in a few years, Wade will probably pass stockton and several others on this list but stockton has the 2 records that will be very very hard to break and he deserves a lot of credit for how he played later in his career. Will Wade's body even hold up to play at a stockton-like level in his mid to late 30s?

Obviously not. Still Wade > Stockton.

Last edited by Eric Cartman : 09-10-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #54
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
Agreed.

Wade was arguably the best player in the league in 2009, and a top two player for several other seasons. As good as John Stockton was, he was never on that level. I'd even say that a peak Wade is more comparable to a peak Malone than he is to peak Stockton, at least impact wise.

That's actually debatable too. Malone had different styles to his game in parts of his prime, one that depended more on Stockton and the other where he was much more skilled.

I might be big man bias though and while I do think Malone is very overrated, you can actually have toss up here for peaks.

I try to compare Wade to guards first and Wade is a Top 6 guard all-time for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK3434
Will Wade's body even hold up to play at a stockton-like level in his mid to late 30s?

He won't have too, to be over Stockton.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #55
Trentknicks
Banned

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterAmazing
Willis Reed just beats out Ewing for my vote
Can't agree with you there, sure he went through a young KAJ and a nearly retired Wilt but was unfairly cut short on playing time later in his career due to injury. Ewing didn't win a title, but had to frequently come up against some of the greatest players of all time in their prime. If not for MJ the Knicks would have won in 92 and 97, and made the finals in 93. Ewing was also the centrepiece of a dominant Knicks team from 90-99.
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #56
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That Wade getting worse and worse will make him one day better than Stockton is the whole reason I hate these discussions at times.

We just arent talking about basketball anymore.........
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #57
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Anybody who's seen bo th Wade and Stockton play knows that Wade is better. Wade was damn near unstoppable at his best.
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #58
ScalabrineStan
I airball my layups

ScalabrineStan has not been impressing people

Ewing
ScalabrineStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #59
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Duncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this board

Clyde Drexler
Duncan21formvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #60
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Ewing
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: