Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
bd#1pguard
High School Varsity 12th Man

bd#1pguard is considered somewhat coolbd#1pguard is considered somewhat cool
Default mirza teletovic question (Nets fans especially)

After leading Bosnia the the Eurobasket whilst averaging 24 points and 6 boards in the qualifiers for the Eurobasket what do you guys think he will do in New Jersey?

My prediction is that he will end up being the 6th man for the first half season until he proves himself a starter over wallace or maybe lopez will go down again like he usually does opening up a starting spot for Mirza.

and what position should he play? Im thinking the three because he will be the best shooter on the team, even if he plays the four he will stretch out the defense like the madman shooter he is.
bd#1pguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: mirza teletovic question (Nets fans especially)

I think it'll take him a few months to adjust but he'll be a premier bench scorer by the end of the season. He could easily average 14-15 points off the bench with 26-28 minutes a game. He's had some monster games this summer for Bosnia in EB qualifying.

I've seen him play a lot and he's strictly a face up 4 in the NBA. He'd get abused on the defensive end trying to play the 3.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
bd#1pguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I think it'll take him a few months to adjust but he'll be a premier bench scorer by the end of the season. He could easily average 14-15 points off the bench with 26-28 minutes a game. He's had some monster games this summer for Bosnia in EB qualifying.

I've seen him play a lot and he's strictly a face up 4 in the NBA. He'd get abused on the defensive end trying to play the 3.

Shiiiit i thought i was the only one that watched Bosnia EB quali games on here aside from the other couple Bosnians on this forum. That three against georgia at the end of the game was sick.

He's the next kevin love but no empty stats and he is a better defender and shooter in my opinion and he can actually jump unlike love.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
Trentknicks
Local High School Star

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

Seen a bit of him, he will be a decent bench scorer, but not a 6th man of the year candidate. Brooks will be given the green light as the Net's 6th as his ceiling is much higher. But with Lopez, Brooks and Teletovic being pretty ineffective without the ball and D-Will, Wallace and JJ on the team as well, I dont think there will be enough shots to go around for Teletovic to put up some serious numbers.
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great scorer and a veteran who understands every aspect of the game. He is all basketball, meaning no twitter, Facebook, or YouTube. He is not just a shooter like Ryan Anderson. Tele can drive to the basket very well. The 6th man will be Brooks though.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation here

I can see him taking some minutes from Hump, probably take the clutch minutes because of his ability to score. I'm excited to see how well he transitions to the NBA though.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #7
k-vil
It's Time!

k-vil has decent reputation

I'll see him struggle a bit during the early part of the season due to the adjustment of play in the NBA, but aside from that he will be a solid contributor for the Nets.
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd#1pguard
He's the next kevin love but no empty stats and he is a better defender and shooter in my opinion and he can actually jump unlike love.

Neg the troll!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When on fire, he can score from anywhere, so I guess they'll use him from the bench at first, but he'll probably take Humphries spot before season ends.
He can go 1/8 anytime too though.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
AirTupac
Hop on the Buss

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Teletovic killed it in the Eurobasket qualifiers. That dagger 3 to end the game against Georgia was dirty.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd#1pguard
After leading Bosnia the the Eurobasket whilst averaging 24 points and 6 boards in the qualifiers for the Eurobasket what do you guys think he will do in New Jersey?

My prediction is that he will end up being the 6th man for the first half season until he proves himself a starter over wallace or maybe lopez will go down again like he usually does opening up a starting spot for Mirza.

and what position should he play? Im thinking the three because he will be the best shooter on the team, even if he plays the four he will stretch out the defense like the madman shooter he is.

Start over Wallace? I can see him challenging Humph, but he isn't going to play SF, never mind bump a player of Crashes ability.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #12
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yep, he's nowhere near as good as Kevin Love and probably never will be. Love is also a few years younger.

That dagger 3 against Georgia was nasty though.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

He'll be the first big off the bench, but not 6th man. That's Marshon Brooks.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
LEFT4DEAD
A WITNESS!!!

LEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation here

Guy will surprise many of you. I just dont see why he wouldnt be at least 16/7 player in the NBA.
LEFT4DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
bd#1pguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
Neg the troll!

jump off a cliff
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: