Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Utah QB Jordan Wynn retiring

Quote:
A year ago at this time, Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn was dancing with joy, celebrating a blowout win over rival BYU and seemingly dispelling critics who wondered if he could come back from yet another shoulder surgery.

On Tuesday, a disappointed yet composed Wynn was saying goodbye to the game that brought so many highs and lows - the last being a fourth shoulder injury that forced him to retire.

"Obviously it's not ideal how it ended, but I have no regrets and I'm walking away with my head held high,'' said Wynn, his left arm in a sling during Tuesday's news conference. "I went out and tried the best I could and worked hard. In the end, it was just not meant to be. In the end my shoulders just couldn't hold up.''

Wynn said he expects to have surgery on his left shoulder - the third on the non-throwing arm and fourth overall - as soon as possible.

Wynn was hit hard with 1:04 left in the first half of an eventual 27-20 overtime loss Friday night to Utah State and knew immediately it was serious.

"That was the one that jarred it loose,'' Wynn said. "I watched it on tape and it was not a huge hit. But I got hit in the right spot for it to come out.''

He said the shoulder dislocated in a different way than before and "what's holding it in place now is pretty shattered.''

Wynn, 22, said he was grateful for the opportunity to play Division I football, which allowed him to earn a degree in economics this spring after 3 1/2 years.

He finishes eighth on Utah's all-time passing charts with 4,637 yards - one of 11 quarterbacks in school history to throw for 4,000 yards. His 33 touchdowns are sixth-most by a Utes QB.

link

well there goes Utah's season.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: