Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
Raz

Default Re: mirza teletovic question (Nets fans especially)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd#1pguard
jump off a cliff

Haha - you still think he can be Kevin Love?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #17
bd#1pguard
High School Varsity 12th Man

bd#1pguard is considered somewhat coolbd#1pguard is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
Haha - you still think he can be Kevin Love?

slightly different. Less rebounds, much better shooter though, higher vertical. He's white (european) so there's not many people to compare him to.
bd#1pguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
Raz

Quote:
slightly different. Less rebounds, much better shooter though, higher vertical. He's white (european) so there's not many people to compare him to.

I'm looking forward to him falling far short of your expectations.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #19
bd#1pguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
I'm looking forward to him falling far short of your expectations.

im looking forward to your celtics losing in the conference finals again
Old 09-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
Suckafree

Suckafree has an OK reputation so far

I remember when Tiago Splitter was coming over and everybody was calling 20/10 straight off the bat.

Kevin Love with better shooting?

If I was a nets fan I would be happy with 8/3 off the bench in 20 minutes.
Suckafree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #21
mattvNJ
Local High School Star

mattvNJ has decent reputationmattvNJ has decent reputation

hell be a productive member off the bench, nothing more than that. Theyre bench just keeps getting deeper. i wouldnt be suprised if he puts up 10-12/6 atleast
mattvNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #22
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

There is no way in hell that Teletovic plays at SF.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #23
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckafree
I remember when Tiago Splitter was coming over and everybody was calling 20/10 straight off the bat.

Kevin Love with better shooting?

If I was a nets fan I would be happy with 8/3 off the bench in 20 minutes.

ONLY complete MORONS ever thought Splitter was any good. Splitter always sucked ass at every level.

Brazil national team. Euroleague, whatever.Teletovic is far far far better than Splitter. Splitter was not even a good player at all in Europe, never. He was a total hype creation by US media.

Splitter has always been absolutely no skills, no offense, etc. He could not even score if his life depended on it in a post up at any time in his career in Europe.

Teletovic is totally different. He is a hell of a scorer, definitely he can light it up on offense, and considering the NBA is way worse on defense and WAY easier to score in, he will have no problem scoring. The NBA is where even some of the worst scorers of history in Europe (Rubio) can get double figures.

The problem for Teletovic will be that he is a huge ball hog, and a huge chucker with no conscience. He also has horrible shot selection, and he is ridiculously streaky.

NBA coaches generally won't give a guy like that a chance if he is European and white. Unlike Splitter, who is just another 7 foot scrub that hustles and plays defense, which means every NBA coach will play him, because they always play those guys.

Teletovic is an enormous black hole on offense, and that's probably not going to be allowed by his American coaches.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-12-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #24
bd#1pguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
ONLY complete MORONS ever thought Splitter was any good. Splitter always sucked ass at every level.

Brazil national team. Euroleague, whatever.Teletovic is far far far better than Splitter. Splitter was not even a good player at all in Europe, never. He was a total hype creation by US media.

Splitter has always been absolutely no skills, no offense, etc. He could not even score if his life depended on it in a post up at any time in his career in Europe.

Teletovic is totally different. He is a hell of a scorer, definitely he can light it up on offense, and considering the NBA is way worse on defense and WAY easier to score in, he will have no problem scoring. The NBA is where even some of the worst scorers of history in Europe (Rubio) can get double figures.

The problem for Teletovic will be that he is a huge ball hog, and a huge chucker with no conscience. He also has horrible shot selection, and he is ridiculously streaky.

NBA coaches generally won't give a guy like that a chance if he is European and white. Unlike Splitter, who is just another 7 foot scrub that hustles and plays defense, which means every NBA coach will play him, because they always play those guys.

Teletovic is an enormous black hole on offense, and that's probably not going to be allowed by his American coaches.

@ sucka free, per euroleague youre a moron

@ euroleague youre overrating how much of a ballhog he is. The Bosnian team is the reason he is the ballhog as he had to bail them out game in game out. Dedovic and zack wright are the only other ones with any shot creation ability so he had to do what he had to do. With players like dwill surrounding him wide open raindrops from 3 will continuously fall. If he gets 20-25 min a game I'm expecting 12-15 and about 5 or 6 rebounds. Once he gets a starting spot midway through the season then a solid 15-17ppg and about 7 rbs.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #25
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
@ sucka free, per euroleague youre a moron

@ euroleague youre overrating how much of a ballhog he is. The Bosnian team is the reason he is the ballhog as he had to bail them out game in game out. Dedovic and zack wright are the only other ones with any shot creation ability so he had to do what he had to do. With players like dwill surrounding him wide open raindrops from 3 will continuously fall. If he gets 20-25 min a game I'm expecting 12-15 and about 5 or 6 rebounds. Once he gets a starting spot midway through the season then a solid 15-17ppg and about 7 rbs.

No. Nothing to do with that at all. He's always been a huge ball hog and chucker. He has been playing that way for years on all of his teams.

He is without any question a huge ball hog and chucker. The thing is though, that like I said, the NBA is all about scoring. It's a very easy league to score in and the defense is almost non existent.

So, if he is allowed to do what he wants on offense, he will score in bunches, since scoring in Euroleague is much harder than it is in the NBA.

But like I said, he's a white European, and so typically NBA coaches won't give him that chance. If he was a black American, his chucking and ball hogging would be praised and admired, especially since shooting bad, being streaky, and being inefficient are not frowned upon as much in the NBA, as they is are in the Euroleague.

But it might get him in the dog house real fast since he is a white European. Because NBA coaches generally hold white European players to a different standard and a different set of rules.

Basically, you suggest that Teletovic be used as a spot up shooter - well that's not how he likes to play, and he won't be happy if that is the case.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-12-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #26
Raz

Quote:
Once he gets a starting spot midway through the season then a solid 15-17ppg and about 7 rbs.

And you say he's going to be better than Kevin Love? Haha. I have bookmarked this thread
Old 09-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #27
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
And you say he's going to be better than Kevin Love? Haha. I have bookmarked this thread

What's so great about Kevin Love? He is a great rebounder, no doubt. Great at padding stats on bad teams.....

what else is so great about him? He plays absolutely zero defense, and probably gives up as many points as he scores. He will actually fight so hard for rebounds that he does not even care to get back on defense, even if his team gives up layups and dunks - because he wants to pad his rebounding stats.

He scores a lot of points, but most of it is from open shots, put backs, creation of other players, pick and roll. Sure, he has a solid post game and face up game, but it's nothing more than solid.

Actually, Kevin Love to me is better than Teletovic, but not much better at all. Not much better at all.

Teletovic is Dirk like, when his game is on, the problem is that he's just wildly inconsistent and streaky. But still, Love isn't that much better than him.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #28
bd#1pguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz

not his first year, but eventually he will be better all around but i doubt he gets 14 rebounds a game.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #29
bd#1pguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
No. Nothing to do with that at all. He's always been a huge ball hog and chucker. He has been playing that way for years on all of his teams.

He is without any question a huge ball hog and chucker. The thing is though, that like I said, the NBA is all about scoring. It's a very easy league to score in and the defense is almost non existent.

So, if he is allowed to do what he wants on offense, he will score in bunches, since scoring in Euroleague is much harder than it is in the NBA.

But like I said, he's a white European, and so typically NBA coaches won't give him that chance. If he was a black American, his chucking and ball hogging would be praised and admired, especially since shooting bad, being streaky, and being inefficient are not frowned upon as much in the NBA, as they is are in the Euroleague.

But it might get him in the dog house real fast since he is a white European. Because NBA coaches generally hold white European players to a different standard and a different set of rules.

Basically, you suggest that Teletovic be used as a spot up shooter - well that's not how he likes to play, and he won't be happy if that is the case.

He should be held to a different standard than any other rookie regardless of race. I dont see the race factor at all as 95% of players are black. He has to be held in a different regard because he has played professional basketball, no matter the fact that euroleague is not the nba for many years.

You are making him out to be allen iverson. Dude he is not as much a ballhog as you are portraying him to be. He is constantly coming off screens and people are looking for him whether for the national team or when he played in belgium or spain. i agree he takes a lot of shots and led all players with 18 attempts a game at the qualifications but I still dont see the extreme ballhogger your making him out to be. He's no zach randolph or a.i

Im not suggesting a pure spot up shooter scenario for him but i think thats how it will start as he will be timid i think but i hope it wont be that way and he will just be himself off the bat.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #30
Suckafree

Suckafree has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
He should be held to a different standard than any other rookie regardless of race. I dont see the race factor at all as 95% of players are black. He has to be held in a different regard because he has played professional basketball, no matter the fact that euroleague is not the nba for many years.

You are making him out to be allen iverson. Dude he is not as much a ballhog as you are portraying him to be. He is constantly coming off screens and people are looking for him whether for the national team or when he played in belgium or spain. i agree he takes a lot of shots and led all players with 18 attempts a game at the qualifications but I still dont see the extreme ballhogger your making him out to be. He's no zach randolph or a.i

Im not suggesting a pure spot up shooter scenario for him but i think thats how it will start as he will be timid i think but i hope it wont be that way and he will just be himself off the bat.

What do you think he is gunna average this year then?
Suckafree is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: