Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
EnoughSaid
DYNASTY

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board
Default How many more titles can Miami win?

What is their window do you think?

With LeBron only being 27 at this moment and Wade working on his jumpshot and what not, I firmly believe Miami can contend for 3-5 more years. Especially if LeBron continues playing at that level?
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
k-vil
It's Time!

k-vil has decent reputation
Default Re: How many more titles can Miami win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
What is their window do you think?

With LeBron only being 27 at this moment and Wade working on his jumpshot and what not, I firmly believe Miami can contend for 3-5 more years. Especially if LeBron continues playing at that level?
I can see them contending every year as long as Lebron is playing at a high level and Wade can be Wade.
I can see them winning one more ring with this big three.
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
Trentknicks
Local High School Star

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

No doubt their fanbase will drop my 50% when they do stop contending.
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
EnoughSaid
DYNASTY

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentknicks

Come on man.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #5
Legends66NBA7
Dinosaurs live again

Legends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLegends66NBA7 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I give it 3-4 years, with the Big 3.

Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If everyone stays healthy and the big three stay together, they've got like 5-8 years left of contending.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
swag2011
High School Starter

swag2011 has no real reputation yet.

Are Miami fans sure that the big 3 will all stay together past 2014?
swag2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

ceiling: 3-4 more titles
floor: 1 more title. i just can't see them winning at least one more time. if they don't, that's disappointing

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-12-2012 at 12:59 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #9
Freedom Kid7
Lazy Bulls fan

Freedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected poster

In all honesty, I can see this going two ways:
Way One - After going through a lot of effort in the post season to finally win (see Game 4 of Indiana and Game 6 of Boston), LeBron begins to gas out and they aren't willing to contend or stay motivated (yes, I do question that with a team that gives 0 damns about the regular season). So a fate like the Big 3 Celtics - A ring and continuous contention, because even with a questionable motivation they'll stay strong.
Way Two - LeBron decides to pummel my theory to the ground (I actually am not convinced he has peaked) and they stay in contention for another 3 years and win another ring or two (hell maybe they 4peat ). With Wade on the decline, I can't see them staying in contention for more than five or four years.

So, I imagine Way two happening. I still have plenty of doubts they won't repeat, I still doubt their "olol regular season doesn't matter" attitude another attitudes they hold, but I do think LeBron will have a better year than this year. So I think it's reasonable to say one or two rings is possible.
Freedom Kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #10
DFish
Banned

DFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

When LeBron moves to his next team, you'll have a brand new franchise to pretend to be a fan of. Why care about Miami in the long run?
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #11
EnoughSaid
DYNASTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFish
When LeBron moves to his next team, you'll have a brand new franchise to pretend to be a fan of. Why care about Miami in the long run?

I'm a Wade fan first, Miami heat fan second. I'll still follow and root for them after the Big 3 retire.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:36 AM   #12
dyna
National High School Star

dyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this board

1 more..
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:50 AM   #13
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
If everyone stays healthy and the big three stay together, they've got like 5-8 years left of contending.

5-8 years contending? really? Thats the kind of window Thunder have if they keep Harden. Miami's window is realisticly 3 years with the current core.I guess it depends how Wade does age. IF Wade can still be a top player at age 33-34 they will still be a top contender. But their lack of depth and cap space would be an issue going forward. They should be aiming for a few titles but teams like Lakers and Thunder will have the same targets.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #14
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Only 50% ? I say it's closer to 75%
Clutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #15
Bandito
pauk's stan

Bandito has an incredible reputation hereBandito has an incredible reputation hereBandito has an incredible reputation hereBandito has an incredible reputation hereBandito has an incredible reputation hereBandito has an incredible reputation hereBandito has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Only 50% ? I say it's closer to 75%
Do they have a fanbase?
Bandito is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: