Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #766
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Week 2 Discussion and Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I feel like I'm cursed, though I didn't help matters by being too lazy/forgetting the game on Wednesday and leaving Jennings in my line up (while Bowe is on my bench)... Stafford could have saved me, but he's laying an egg. I need another big 4th quarter from him.

I was sitting at 95 points and change and my opponent had 122 points and change. Then between the Vernon Davis TD and Stafford TD I closed the gap and I'm sitting on 121 points and change right now. It was looking grim but now I just need Roddy White to have get 10 yards receiving and I win.

I had Bowe on my bench too. Benched him for Brandon Lloyd which lost me 18 points. I also benched the Seahawks defense for the Raiders defense which was a 22 point loss. I got zero points from my defense, one point from my kicker, and one point from Dez Bryant and may still somehow win.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #767
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Damn, man. I had 7.5 on the Lions.

They should have went for two. No, wait, Hanson shouldn't miss easy field goals.

God I hate kickers so much.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #768
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

I will say this in defense of the Lions secondary (although I acknowledge that it is in terrible shape), they are missing Chris Houston and Louis Delmas. Once these guys can get healthy, the Lions secondary will be able to slightly resemble a cohesive unit.

It was so frustrating watching the niners get stuffed on first and second down repeatedly, then just go ham on 3rd and long. It was clear that the 49ers were the better team today. Stafford also needs to pull himself together and start hitting basic throws that he was hitting in his sleep last year.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #769
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I was sitting at 95 points and change and my opponent had 122 points and change. Then between the Vernon Davis TD and Stafford TD I closed the gap and I'm sitting on 121 points and change right now. It was looking grim but now I just need Roddy White to have get 10 yards receiving and I win.

I had Bowe on my bench too. Benched him for Brandon Lloyd which lost me 18 points. I also benched the Seahawks defense for the Raiders defense which was a 22 point loss. I got zero points from my defense, one point from my kicker, and one point from Dez Bryant and may still somehow win.

****ing Raiders. I started their sorry ass defense too. How could you let a team basically aiming for the top pick in the draft shred you? How could you make Reggie Bush look like he was back in college? Thankfully I had Cam, Cruz, Nicks and Davis.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #770
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
****ing Raiders. I started their sorry ass defense too. How could you let a team basically aiming for the top pick in the draft shred you? How could you make Reggie Bush look like he was back in college? Thankfully I had Cam, Cruz, Nicks and Davis.

Yeah, they did a solid job against teh Chargers offense last week. I thought surely they'd have at least a 10 point game against the shitty Dolphins. And I thought that since they Seahawks were playing the Cowboys they'd be the smarter defense to start. Seattle gets 22 points and the Raiders 0.

Andy Dalton, Vernon Davis, and Marshawn Lynch potentially saved me, though. Between losing 40 points off two last minute benchings, and four starters combining for 8.70 points, I'm still potentially going to pull a win out of my ass.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:37 AM   #771
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good win for the 49'ers. I still have a little bit of concern with these WR's. Not so much their top side ability, but they still drop some passes. But I'd rather they get open and drop than not be a factor at all. Crabtree seems to be doing better this year.

I love, LOVE Delaney Walker. And I always have, you may remember some posts last year where I was calling for him to be on the field more, maybe even a revival of that versatile FB position (which he is in some sets when he motions over). He's so valuable.

With this defense, as long as our offense put's points on the board it'll be tough to be beat. We do still get into those lulls where the offense sputters. But the play calling goes a long way in fixing that.

That offense, is amazing imo. The motions, the odd looks, the pulling, the sets, I mean what's really cool is that they're still likely 2-3 years away from perfecting this thing up front with their linemen since they'll get to pick more players that fit this system. They come to the line with like 3 plays sometimes and Alex decides. They put out a massive unit for Gore to run behind. It's just pretty amazing stuff.

It is important for us to get a good start, especially since the Cards are 2-0. Now that may not hold up, but you never wanna chance it.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #772
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Good win for the 49'ers. I still have a little bit of concern with these WR's. Not so much their top side ability, but they still drop some passes. But I'd rather they get open and drop than not be a factor at all. Crabtree seems to be doing better this year.

I love, LOVE Delaney Walker. And I always have, you may remember some posts last year where I was calling for him to be on the field more, maybe even a revival of that versatile FB position (which he is in some sets when he motions over). He's so valuable.

With this defense, as long as our offense put's points on the board it'll be tough to be beat. We do still get into those lulls where the offense sputters. But the play calling goes a long way in fixing that.

That offense, is amazing imo. The motions, the odd looks, the pulling, the sets, I mean what's really cool is that they're still likely 2-3 years away from perfecting this thing up front with their linemen since they'll get to pick more players that fit this system. They come to the line with like 3 plays sometimes and Alex decides. They put out a massive unit for Gore to run behind. It's just pretty amazing stuff.

It is important for us to get a good start, especially since the Cards are 2-0. Now that may not hold up, but you never wanna chance it.

Niners are well coached and well run, that is a credit to Harbough and Smith being able to run his system.

The line play is also extremely disciplined on running games and it looks perfect the way the guards pull and how the lineman perform traps, it's the perfect compliment for Gore who is just amazing at waiting for the right hole and then shooting through it. I'm still a bit concerned on our pass protection as Suh was able to get through at ease it seemed but Detroit has a good pass rush so I'll give them a pass.

That drive in the 4th quarter was amazing. We kept the chains moving, extended the drive, killed the clock and scored. A perfect example of a West Coast offense.

As for the receivers they're improved but that's a given when our core consisted of Crabtree, Williams and Swain in the playoffs last year. The drops kill us though and it kills any continuity in the passing game, Smith still played excellent though. BTW, where's the rookie AJ Jenkins??
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #773
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gobb, can you repost my avi if i missed it? I never saw it but i didn't post after a certain time.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #774
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yeah, they did a solid job against teh Chargers offense last week. I thought surely they'd have at least a 10 point game against the shitty Dolphins. And I thought that since they Seahawks were playing the Cowboys they'd be the smarter defense to start. Seattle gets 22 points and the Raiders 0.

Andy Dalton, Vernon Davis, and Marshawn Lynch potentially saved me, though. Between losing 40 points off two last minute benchings, and four starters combining for 8.70 points, I'm still potentially going to pull a win out of my ass.
Inexcusable to think the raiders would beat the dolphins. The chargers barely ran the ball against the raiders and made them look good fantasy wise. Reggie bush has had 100+ scrimmage yards for 6 games straight which dates back to last years raiders game that reggie bush also raped them in (Also a 200+ yard game dating those last 6 games). The phins have never raped a team so consistently the past decade but the raiders. The raiders suck and they were heading all the way to the east in miami to play at 1:00 (Hot as ****) and use their black uniforms at the phins home opener. This was a lock win for my pickem like I called a few days ago. Do some research next time nikka Only way you thought we'd lose this game is if you follow the media that hates makes us look worse then we really are like last year.

Edit: Thanks for the 32 points reggie

Last edited by AlonzoGOAT : 09-17-2012 at 04:06 PM.
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #775
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Yup. Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, Titus Young, Ryan Broyles, Brandon Pettigrew, and Tony Scheffler. That's an EXCELLENT receiving corps. Every team outside of the Packers, Saints, and Patriots would die for this group. You don't pass for 5000 yards if your receiving corps isn't top 5.

Johnson is, of course, among the super elite. What we're discussing is the rest of the corps. Take away the top guy and look at the supporting cast and I prefer NYG, Philadelphia, dal, GB, Atlanta, New Orleans, San Fran off the top of my head. And that's just the teams in the NFC.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #776
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Titus Young is an amazing WR, he is just a complete head case, got kicked out of the game week and constantly has off the field issues

Broyles is a future NFL star...

Burleson is decent, Pettigrew is an average TE
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #777
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Niners are well coached and well run, that is a credit to Harbough and Smith being able to run his system.

The line play is also extremely disciplined on running games and it looks perfect the way the guards pull and how the lineman perform traps, it's the perfect compliment for Gore who is just amazing at waiting for the right hole and then shooting through it. I'm still a bit concerned on our pass protection as Suh was able to get through at ease it seemed but Detroit has a good pass rush so I'll give them a pass.

That drive in the 4th quarter was amazing. We kept the chains moving, extended the drive, killed the clock and scored. A perfect example of a West Coast offense.

As for the receivers they're improved but that's a given when our core consisted of Crabtree, Williams and Swain in the playoffs last year. The drops kill us though and it kills any continuity in the passing game, Smith still played excellent though. BTW, where's the rookie AJ Jenkins??

Jenkins turned out to be a much larger project than some had expected. Not only that but they brought in Moss and Manningham, and retained Williams so there's a log jam at the position for him. His big calling card was the ability to stretch the field but Moss and Davis do that already so...

Then when Ginn gets healthy that's another WR on the roster. Jenkins will continue to work, and maybe this great staff will turn him around fast, but I doubt it.

The pass protection does seem to let down from time to time but it's gotten to a point where I trust Smith to not pull a Jay Cutler, and he'll either run and pick up yards or just hold the ball. We did see last year when they played the Ravens and Giants how a good pass rush can disrupt them, but they're one year smarter and with better weapons it should, SHOULD, help.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #778
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has no real reputation yet.

Titus Young is a bonehead. He could be good but he needs his head on straight
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #779
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

man that was one sweet block.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #780
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what is more shocking than that block was the whistle that was blown on that same play...it was the first time this year that let me know we have got to get the refs back

Tate will be fined on that illegal hit too...you can't launch into the head of a defenseless player
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: