Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-26-2006, 12:40 AM   #16
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
To play devil's advocate, Marquis Daniels would instantly give us another good defender at the swing position, a combination of Peterson and Daniels on the floor would be quite capable defensively, something we have not put out in a long time. He is still very young and can grow with the current core. Mike James doesn't belong in Toronto, he did very well for his time in Toronto but it's time to go. Joey Graham didn't prove anything last year, while it hurts to lose out on his potential, if there is any, acquiring Daniels would instantly boost our defensive capabilities as a team.

Now, I am not saying that I agree with the trade, but trying to shine the light on the other side since it seems to be neglected.
well put
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:35 AM   #17
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

i just got home and haven't read any of the other posts in this thread, so i'll just give my two cents.

im not a huge fan of this trade, especially since we have yet to see exactly what joey G can do... however, if its quis for mike james... thats a done deal IN A SECOND.

although quis didn't get many minutes in the playoffs, he'd be a welcome addition to play behind mopete. james for quis is basically something (quis) for nothing (james, as he's going to walk anyways)

i'd REALLY like to hang onto graham though... he's going to figure it out soon, MARK MY WORDS!
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:59 AM   #18
Pandaemonaeon
I hit open layups

Pandaemonaeon has an OK reputation so far

Where are you getting this Graham rumors from? It said "package" so it could be anything from a conditional 1st rounder or some poor schmuck riding the pine although I hope it's Graham for obvious reasons
Pandaemonaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:40 AM   #19
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

whats the reason?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:03 AM   #20
Pandaemonaeon
I hit open layups

Pandaemonaeon has an OK reputation so far

I'm a Mav fan.
Pandaemonaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:14 AM   #21
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

i would luv to get marquis daniels...i always thought he was so underrated comin out of auburn...but mike james AND joey is a little much
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:46 AM   #22
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up

Maybe trading for Daniels is just a prelude to a package involving Mo-Pete to the Sonics for Ray Allen.

BC wants a star, and it seems that the strategy is to absorb an existing contract rather than overpaying for a free agent.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: