Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #16
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Matt Barnes to Knicks ALMOST happened.......

This is his second run with the clips.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #17
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

BTrujillo has decent reputationBTrujillo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
He already does that everytime he dunks the ball...

beat me to it
BTrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

It's not that Barnes can't ball, but his character is questionable at best. I can see why Woodson wouldn't want to take a chance on him.

As for Griffin, watch him after his dunks. Those elbows are swinging. It's not on the level of Malone or Mourning, but he's gonna get his one day.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #19
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
It's not that Barnes can't ball, but his character is questionable at best. I can see why Woodson wouldn't want to take a chance on him.

As for Griffin, watch him after his dunks. Those elbows are swinging. It's not on the level of Malone or Mourning, but he's gonna get his one day.

You mean doubling up on Lebron (2nd most) for most flagrant fouls received the last 2 years isn't "getting his"? You guys are so full of shit BTW on saying Griffin swings elbows. I've seen him do it maybe 2-3 times on rebounds and that's because players were slapping him and shit trying to steal the ball.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Although I'd LOVE for Griffin to elbow somebody in the face.

He'd miss. His arms are too short.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #21
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
You mean doubling up on Lebron (2nd most) for most flagrant fouls received the last 2 years isn't "getting his"? You guys are so full of shit BTW on saying Griffin swings elbows. I've seen him do it maybe 2-3 times on rebounds and that's because players were slapping him and shit trying to steal the ball.

You're a Clippers fan. Of course you don't see it.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #22
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Matt Barnes used to be so much fun to watch in Golden State. He was one of my favorite players back then. Sad to see him fall off. I don't even know what he can do now.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #23
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Watched Matt live against Denver in LA last season, pulled a pretty good Kobe impression in his absence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHP2FuAsDfY

24/10

Last edited by G-train : 09-12-2012 at 11:01 PM.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #24
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You know that in professional sports it's always stupid for the star player to be the one retaliating and racking up suspensions and a bad rep with refs right? It's much more efficient to have goons. Although I'd LOVE for Griffin to elbow somebody in the face.
maybe this nonsense is true for shooting guards, but come on now, Blake is a big boy.
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #25
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
You're a Clippers fan. Of course you don't see it.

To think I used to respect your unbiased opinions. This is so far off base it's laughable and now I know with certainty you don't watch the Clippers. Griffin is the most assaulted and cheapshotted player in the entire league by far. How much more punishment does he "deserve"? Not to mention he's not dirty at all and I've been praying for him to become an elbow swinger since his rookie year and he hasn't.

You and others have went from saying he commits offensive fouls on dunks (obviously not intentional) to him intentionally swinging elbows?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #26
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
maybe this nonsense is true for shooting guards, but come on now, Blake is a big boy.

I'd rather Blake retaliate but I do see the reason he doesn't. I'd rather Barnes get suspended than Griffin.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #27
D.J.
College superstar

Quote:
To think I used to respect your unbiased opinions. This is so far off base it's laughable and now I know with certainty you don't watch the Clippers. Griffin is the most assaulted and cheapshotted player in the entire league by far. How much more punishment does he "deserve"? Not to mention he's not dirty at all and I've been praying for him to become an elbow swinger since his rookie year and he hasn't.

You and others have went from saying he commits offensive fouls on dunks (obviously not intentional) to him intentionally swinging elbows?

I always have been and am still unbiased. I'm not the only one that's noticed Blake's elbows swinging like a stick at a pinata.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #28
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
I always have been and am still unbiased. I'm not the only one that's noticed Blake's elbows swinging like a stick at a pinata.

And you're wrong. I've watched every single game of his career, often multiple times. I have no problem admitting a player on my team is dirty. Reggie Evans was dirty. Blake Griffin is not dirty. I've always wanted him to become dirty and he hasn't.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #29
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Griffin isn't dirty.
But he plays a high flying style, and I find his demeanour to be very arrogant, and he flops a fair bit, which doesn't exactly dissuade people from hard fouling him.
Most importantly, he is very hard to stop scoring around the basket, and that combined with poor FT% means a hard foul is a good basketball play against him.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #30
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

Winning with your dignity and character intact is the best retaliation.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: