Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #16
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Who would u draft first to ur team: Allen iverson or Reggie miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
I'll take Miller. Iverson was better in their peaks and primes but Miller played at a high level forever and also he was a very portable player that could fit under any team/system. I can't say the same for Iverson.

So you would rather have a few more years of borderline all-star play?

As opposed to having a legitimate franchise player for 6 years?
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #17
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
So you would rather have a few more years of borderline all-star play?

As opposed to having a legitimate franchise player for 6 years?
Yes, I honestly don't think Iverson could have ever won a title as the best player on a team.

I surely don't think Iverson could ever be a 2nd/3rd option either because he wasn't willing to be one. It was a catch 22 with him.

This leaves me to go with Miller because I don't think he was capable of being the best player on a championship team either but he would have been great as a 2nd/3rd option.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #18
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Reggie.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #19
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Reggie

Dude was just unlucky he played in the same decade as MJ.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #20
colts19
I hit open 5-footers

colts19 has an OK reputation so far

Reggie for me. Like a lot of other people on this board, I think he would fit in much better with any team you put him on. He didn't have to take a lot of shots. He was very good at being a 2nd option, and he got to the same number of NBA finals as AI.
colts19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #21
dyna
National High School Star

dyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this board

Draft first?

Iverson
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #22
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

@ People selecting Reggie. This is why people like I and many others say he's overrated. I'm picking the guy who is better in almost every facet of the game outside of shooting. Might as well take Joe Johnson over AI while you're at it.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #23
swi7ch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colts19
and he got to the same number of NBA finals as AI.

he would've gone to more Finals if he didn't play in the same decade as MJ and the Bulls.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #24
swi7ch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
@ People selecting Reggie. This is why people like I and many others say he's overrated. I'm picking the guy who is better in almost every facet of the game outside of shooting. Might as well take Joe Johnson over AI while you're at it.

How did you go from Reggie Miller to Joe Johnson?
Old 09-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #25
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
How did you go from Reggie Miller to Joe Johnson?
I dont know why I chose another player with a better peak either, I'm crazy. That's insulting to Joe.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #26
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

I'd draft AI. But I'd tell him to leave all the ego behind. Dude could still have a chance on a team today if he put more effort into team chemistry while he was around.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #27
pmj
High School Varsity 6th Man

pmj has decent reputationpmj has decent reputation

That this even a question is a joke and shows how overrated Miller is. Maybe Tim Hardaway would be a better comparison and even he has arguably a better peak.
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #28
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
Come on bro, the only memorable thing Joe Johnson has done in his career was sign a huge contract.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #29
RaininTwos
Betrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Come on bro, the only memorable thing Joe Johnson has done in his career was sign a huge contract.
He's also scored over 25 a game for a season...
Old 09-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #30
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Iverson, then I'd force him to be a PG and if he didn't like it I'd trade him.
Too hard to win a title with 6 foot Sg.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: