Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
JD_TO
I hit open layups

JD_TO has decent reputation
Default Highschool to Pro

Which player that went to the league from Highschool would you have loved to see play college basketball.

I would have loved to see Kevin Garnett play in the NCAA
JD_TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Highschool to Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_TO
Which player that went to the league from Highschool would you have loved to see play college basketball.

I would have loved to see Kevin Garnett play in the NCAA
I also would have liked to see Garnett play in college, for I believe at least one of his possible destinations was the University of Michigan. Louis Bullock, Maceo Baston, Robert Traylor, Maurice Taylor, and Kevin Garnett all on the same team? And perhaps had Garnett signed on, maybe Mateen Cleaves would have come to Ann Arbor as well. And then maybe the born leader Kevin Garnett would have been there to say, "You know what Robert, maybe you and 'Teen shouldn't go for a ride in that SUV you didn't pay for tonight", thus not leading to the flip over accident that ultimately uncovered the Ed Martin scandal and left the program in ruins for years.

Kevin Garnett. Final answer.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Kg would have beasted. Lebron would have ben fun to watch and may have made him more humble,mature and less raw in his gameplay.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Kevin Garnett, for the simple reason that then he wouldn't have been drafted by the Timberwolves
Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #5
Miserio
I dunk on kids

Miserio has decent reputation

Moses Malone. He would have dominated BADLY.
Miserio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:52 AM   #6
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kobe....but he would have went to Duke and we know Coack K's offense sucks unless he lets Kobe go crazy like he use to do with his star players.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #7
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Tracy McGrady.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #8
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think LeBron would have been crazy good in College.

I mean, he averaged like 20/6/6 and 25/7/7 in his first two seasons in the NBA. If he spent those years against College kids?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

i would say kobe but i can't stand duke so that would've been a sad day
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

but for real, probably sebastian telfair. the other guys' games would've been great either way, but bas could've been something special with a year or two under the right tutelage in college.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
mattvNJ
Local High School Star

mattvNJ has decent reputationmattvNJ has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
Tracy McGrady.

haha why to shorten his already unfortunately short peak? Id go Kobe, Lebron i feel was already ready nor do i care to see him in the NCAA, Garnett of course.

Also, monta and JR smith just so they could learn how to read.
mattvNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

UCLA Bynum.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #13
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has an OK reputation so far

Telfair
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #14
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

If LeBron had spent a season in the NCAA his rookie season would have been 27/7/7 if not better! If he spent two years in the NCAA 31/7/7 (GOAT rookie season...). Three years 27/7/7, and four years 30/8/7 again GOAT rookie campaign.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #15
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

PG - Sebastian Telfair, I think Rick Pitino would have done wonders for Telfair.

SG - Kobe Bryant, I think it would have been a humbling experience that removed a bit of the aura of entitlement he had as a young player.

SF - LeBron James, because I always wondered where he would have gone. Everyone knows he loves Ohio State but with Dru Joyce and Romeo Travis both going to Akron U I think he may have decided to stay in Akron.

Side Note: If that happened I think it would have turned NCAA recruiting on it's head. Players would now understand that there are no secrets in terms of NCAA to NBA scouting. If you can hoop people will find you. I think you would have seen more and more guys picking their local/regional schools.

PF - Kevin Garnett, he would have selected Michigan. The team they had would have been insane.

C - Kwame Brown, I think Billy Donovan would have help Kwame become the player he should have become.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: