Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation
Default In their prime, Shawn Kemp or Amare Stoudemire?

Kemp(rough estimate)- 18/11/2/1.5/2 on 53-54%, All-NBA 2nd team/7-8 in MVP/2nd in defensive rating/top 5 in defensive win shares

Amare(rough estimate)- 22/9/2/1/2 on 54-55%, mostly All-NBA 2nd team with 1 All-NBA 1st team/6th in MVP and generally top 10/top 10 in offensive rating/led league in offensive win shares and 2nd one other time

Who would you rather have?
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation
Default Re: In their prime, Shawn Kemp or Amare Stoudemire?

Kemp.
Amare is the softest PF of all time.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
k-vil
It's Time!

k-vil has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
Kemp.
Amare is the softest PF of all time.
In before this thread turns into Gasoft in the Softest.
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Kemp for mine.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kemp would have been nice in today's NBA if he could avoid getting T'd up for taunting. The spacing that we see today would give him a lot of run to face up and mash on cats. I'd probably take Kemp over A'mare. This is a close call, and nostalgia might be clouding my judgement.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #6
wakencdukest
Local High School Star

wakencdukest has decent reputationwakencdukest has decent reputation

Kemp, he played bigger. His dunks were angrier.
wakencdukest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #7
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Amare has done nothing even with the 2x MVP in Nash as his PG. Kemp reached the Finals 2x I believe and would have won if he didn't play in the same decade as Jordan.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #8
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

Kemp. Inb4 Amar'e is under rated
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #9
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

Kemp
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #10
bizil
National High School Star

bizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation here

I think Amare is a better number one option. But I might just have to lean to prime Kemp. Kemp was devastating and to this day might be the most freakish athletic PF of all time. He's a better rebounder, passer, and defender than Amare. Kemp also had a midrange jumper damn near on par with Amare as well as a better handle. I think Amare's eye and knee injuries slowed his freakish athletic shit to a degree. And Kemp's game seemed to stall out in his late 20's and early 30'swhen he should have been at his peak. So Kemp became another what if case, instead the HOFer he should have been.

Believe it or not, I think Amare still has some upside in his game. He still has a shot at the HOF if he can finish out the last 8-10 years of his career strong. In terms of being able to finish like a beast in the paint and combining it with a very nice midrange shot, it seemed Amare, Mcdyess, and Kemp all had that going for them. Hopefully Amare can finish his career strong!

Last edited by bizil : 09-13-2012 at 02:37 PM.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #11
fsvr54
F*ck Society

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
Amare has done nothing even with the 2x MVP in Nash as his PG. Kemp reached the Finals 2x I believe and would have won if he didn't play in the same decade as Jordan.

fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsvr54
One NBA Finals 1996.

One pie eating contest Finals circa 2002
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #13
WockaVodka
Banned

WockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputation

Amare, Kemp is overrated.
WockaVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #14
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

Amare pre microfracture in the 04-05 season was nasty. I'll take that version of Amare over any version of Kemp.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #15
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WockaVodka
Amare, Kemp is overrated.

Not at Seattle.

Posters look at ppg, but it was a different league back then.
Kemp would be a 22/10 guy these days.
If anything his athleticism and skills are underrated, he was really a brilliant player in his prime.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: