Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
INDI
Local High School Star

INDI has no real reputation yet.
Default Will Kobe and Dwight be the best duo in the league?

Kobe is the perfect player for Dwight and vice versa. They are both number 1 options in different ways. Dwight is a player that can be the best on the team but it's not best for him to lead the team in scoring. His offensive game is not polished enough and no team will ever get to a ring with him as their ppg leader. Yet it seems dumb for a team to have a lesser of a player getting more shots than their franchise player do they roll the dice and hope Dwight can channel his inner Shaq.

That is y Kobe is the best for him at this stage of the game, Dwight will dominate on defense and still get his usual touches on offense while Kobe can keep his role of leading scorer and clutch go to guy. It works wayyyyy better than him and Shaq because Dwight is not one that is comfortable with the double and triple teams, so he is t lookin to hog all the offensive glory.

-Dwight is not clutch, Kobe is

-Kobe roams and helps on defense, Dwight will make the man that Kobe is guarding think twice about attacking the rim while Kobe roams

-Kobe needs Dwight at this stage and will let him know it constantly

- Dwight knows that he needs Kobe style of leadership and fearlessness to finally get that ring

-they are the only combo in the league where both can have their version of dominate games where you can't figure out whose was more important

Ex: Kobe 35 pts 5rebs 5asts
Dwight 20pts 18rebs 4blks

At first I was thinking this would be a train wreck of personalities but now I'm seeing it totally opposite. Both of these guys need each other probably more than any other combo in the league.
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Will Kobe and Dwight be the best duo in the league?

Wait you're expecting Kobe to average 35 a game?
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has an OK reputation so far

Toss up between them and Wade and Bron bron
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

LeBon+Wade, easily.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You can't talk about a duo when refering to the Lakers
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

if they were near the same age, i'd be much more inclined to rank them #1. as of now, guys like wade/bron and cp3/griff will have a say in that. durant/wb are there too. i thought wb took a step forward last year, especially in the playoffs but he still has tendencies that irritate me.

it's also yet to be seen how well they'll play off each other. nash/dwight will be the primary PNR guys. wade/bron...well, we've seen how they've gotten better off the ball. even though i think spo could use bron more as the roll man in PNR's, they've shown they're proficient in that as well. and is there a scarier duo on the break after creating a TO? cp3/griff have the potential to be the most dynamic PNR duo in the league. the rest of griff's game has to just round out. i think those guys might have the highest potential just because i think their games mesh and complement each other so much. again, griff has work has a bit of work to do but the potential is there.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-13-2012 at 09:12 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
INDI
Local High School Star

In a nutshell, Dwight's style of domination is in the bill russell, Kevin Garnett and even Jason Kidd style. Overall play that's not centered on just scoring (though it's important). I'm even tempted to say that scoring isnt even their favorite aspect of the game.

While Kobe's has and will always be dominating through scoring and thrives off of the pressure
Old 09-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
INDI
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
Wait you're expecting Kobe to average 35 a game?

Nah I'm just saying that that was an example of a stat line they will have at some point in the season in the same game. It's a stat line where both players was equally effective while doing what they do best. I was just trying to show the cohesiveness of their games
Old 09-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Nash+Pau is going to be the most interesting duo on the Lakers.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
INDI
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Nash+Pau is going to be the most interesting duo on the Lakers.

That's the ill thing about it. If I was the lakers that's how I would set it up, I would pair Kobe and Dwight up ( sub at the same time and run plays that involve them two), an I would do the same for Nash and gasol. Nash will be the greatest thing that happened to gasol
Old 09-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #11
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDI
That's the ill thing about it. If I was the lakers that's how I would set it up, I would pair Kobe and Dwight up ( sub at the same time and run plays that involve them two), an I would do the same for Nash and gasol. Nash will be the greatest thing that happened to gasol

if they follow the princeton offense, that won't happen. almost everything runs off a high post dwight screen. nash initiates, pau becomes the middle man. at times, pau would repost and work inside. lots of PNR between nash and dwight. if kobe posts up, nash flares out to one of the corners. a couple pick n pops with gasol here and there.

don't get me wrong, i think nash will help gasol a lot as i think gasol can now post up more freely on designed plays. gasol will also be able to make quick decisions as he'll fill in the gaps. i just don't think they'll necessarily be playing off each other. more of a hockey assists type of thing...

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-13-2012 at 09:29 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Depends on how washed up Wade is.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #13
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
LeBon+Wade, easily.

They don't even complement each other that well. Dominant center and a superstar guard is a proven formula; the only concern is Kobe's age, but then Wade is not much younger.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
nashwade
High School Varsity 12th Man

nashwade has an OK reputation so far

if dwight learns the p&r well, nash+dwight will kill the league. kobe+pau is there to clean up
nashwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has an OK reputation so far

dont forget melo and amare
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: