1- Steve Nash
    1- Paul Pierce
    1- Bob McAdoo
    1- George Gervin
    1- Pete Maravich
    1- Allen Iverson
    1- Kevin McHale
    1- Dennis Rodman
    How come you count Dennis Rodman's vote but not Gasol's? Gasol was better than Rodman, yet you consider Gasol a troll vote but not Rodman? Double standard FTL.

Default Re: #34 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by WockaVodka
    How come you count Dennis Rodman's vote but not Gasol's? Gasol was better than Rodman, yet you consider Gasol a troll vote but not Rodman? Double standard FTL.

Gasol over Rodman??? On what planet???

Rodman is one of the best rebounder and defenders vs a fu*king sook who goes MIA in the playoffs??? AND im a Lakers fan

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

payton??

Slam Top 500 '11 issue has Rodman 48, Pau 97.

Were not doing Slam's list, were doing the ISH 2012 list.

All votes should be counted for, even if they are a little off (Rodman's a tough pick too. I do and I don't see him in the Top 50... it all comes down to everyone's opinion, really. Subjective lists).

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Current Results

6- Clyde Drexler
    5- Elvin Hayes
    4- Dave Cowens
    4- Dolph Schayes
    3- Bill Walton
    2- Nate Thurmond
    1- Steve Nash
    1- Paul Pierce
    1- Bob McAdoo
    1- George Gervin
    1- Pete Maravich
    1- Allen Iverson
    1- Kevin McHale
    1- Dennis Rodman
    These rankings were going well but are about to take a turn for the worst.

Drexler over Walton, Cowens, Schayes, etc? Are you kidding?

Meanwhile, all the people who are voting for Hayes are showing themselves up: all you see are the stats. You've clearly never seen him play nor do you understand how inferior he was compared to players like Walton, Cowens and Unseld.

McHale is perhaps a good comparison: McHale was a superior offensive player and infinitely better defender than Hayes.

Yet people are voting for Hayes because all they see are stats.

Too many teenagers on this message board, as seen by the pathetic personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    Meanwhile, all the people who are voting for Hayes are showing themselves up: all you see are the stats. You've clearly never seen him play nor do you understand how inferior he was compared to players like Walton, Cowens and Unseld.
    I wouldn't say he was inferior to them, he was highly recognized during his era as the best PF in the 70's. That has to mean he's up at their tier. Don't most consider Hayes > Unseld, when they were both on the Bullets ?

Walton is tricky, because he didn't play long. At his best, he was better than Hayes, but Hayes durability was that of legend. It's in his favor all-time over someone like Walton, even though Walton does have the MVP and Finals MVP at his favor (Hasn't Hayes been robbed of MVP and Finals MVP trophies ?)

McHale is perhaps a good comparison: McHale was a superior offensive player and infinitely better defender than Hayes.
    At their best, sure. McHale was better than Karl Malone at both, at his best as well, but off course, nobody is going to rank McHale over him.

Too many teenagers on this message board, as seen by the pathetic personal attacks.
    Yeah, I agree. That should have no place on a message board.

I'm in agreement with you with Drexler too. He shouldn't be over some of the names you brought up. I actually see a Drexler vs Iverson debate coming up... that's if Drexler doesn't win this round.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Steve Nash

I'll leave it to Bob Ryan (perhaps the journalist whose opinion I value and respect the most) to sum up Elvin Hayes:

"The numbers are dramatic, but he is one of the most boring players and worst human beings that ever lived. I'm pleased to know that in 1978 Washington won that game with him on the bench"

He's referring, of course, to the 1978 NBA Finals when Hayes fouled out with 8 minutes remaining in Game 7. With Hayes on the bench, Unseld rallied his team to an improbable comeback victory to win the championship.

In 1996, when asked to rank their top 10 forwards of all-time, Bob Ryan, Matt Guokas, Tommy Heinsohn and others left Hayes out of their top 10 lists.

Having said that, the difference between Hayes and Karl Malone isn't all that big. However, if anything, that tells me that modern fans overrate Malone (ranking him over Baylor and Pettit in this list, for God's sake!).

In 1996, when asked to rank their top 10 forwards of all-time, Bob Ryan, Matt Guokas, Tommy Heinsohn and others left Hayes out of their top 10 lists.
    That is interesting. Are they links to their Top 10 forwards in 1996 ?

Having said that, the difference between Hayes and Karl Malone isn't all that big. However, if anything, that tells me that modern fans overrate Malone (ranking him over Baylor and Pettit in this list, for God's sake!).
    I do agree here.

The big difference is that one got to play with the greatest pure PG of all-time (starting from 87-88 till 02-03 !) and the other didn't. I could definitely see impressive scoring numbers from Hayes if he had Malone for that many years he played in the league, since Hayes had incredible durability just like Malone did.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 09-15-2012 at 07:13 AM.

U mirin my face?

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Gasol over Rodman??? On what planet???

Rodman is one of the best rebounder and defenders vs a fu*king sook who goes MIA in the playoffs??? AND im a Lakers fan
    Gasol is one of the best offensive scorers/post-scorers ever.

Do you really think the Lakers win a title in 2010 with Rodman instead of Gasol? Gasol was the biggest reason why they won a title in both 2009 and 2010.

I guess I'm not surprised since the OP wants Gasol to be ranked as low as possible so Kobe gets more of the credit.

Obvious agenda is obvious.

Gasol is one of the best offensive scorers/post-scorers ever.
    An 'offensive scorer'? As opposed to what? A 'defensive scorer'?

I usually hit open layups Coffee Black's Avatar

These rankings were going well but are about to take a turn for the worst.

Drexler over Walton, Cowens, Schayes, etc? Are you kidding?

Yet people are voting for Hayes because all they see are stats.

I agree with you on Hayes. Admittedly I don't know that much about him as I was not around to watch the NBA at that time, but general notion I picked up about when reading about the 70s is that he was a great individual player but definitely not a good team mate. He was not the type of person you would have leading your team.

And on the same not, I would definitely not be surprised if McAdoo gets overrated over guys like McHale, Unseld, Cunningham, and more. It's going to be the same ISH voters that look at his stats, and say some stuff about peak or prime (not that any of that makes sense or matters). They are going to overlook the fact, after those first few years, teams w realized what type of player he was and did not want to take him as their leader. He was not considered a "winner". He got shopped around and ended up as role player on the Lakers in the 80s. I mean there is a reason he got left out of the NBA top 50 and took so long to get into the Hall of Fame.

Banned

Clyde Drexler is way too high..... there's a handful of people that should go before him.

U mirin my face?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Slam Top 500 '11 issue has Rodman 48, Pau 97.
    What does that have to do with anything? This is an ISH vote, not a Slam vote. What would be the point of this if you are just trying to replicate the slam?

Gasol's vote should count, he was better than Rodman. Gasol was 62nd in the RealGM Top 100 while Rodman was 64th.