Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Sometimes I don't get the Patriots.

I don't want to think this is about the contract.

But I don't have any other explanation for why Welker isn't starting. Nor do I understand why you hand a guy 9.5 mil and then proceed to not start him. The Patriots have developed a rep for being a great franchise. And they are. But they don't care about their players and sometimes I wonder if keeping guys like Richard Seymour and Asante Samuel would have lead to one or two more SB victories. What I think (not a cap expert, could be wrong) is that they're just riding high on earlier glory to make a shit-ton of money while saving $ on the present squad. I certainly have no business telling Belicheck how to run a team, guy has gotten to the SB 5 times. But why does it seem like almost every time a guy other than Brady goes for full market value he goes somewhere else?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board
Default Re: Sometimes I don't get the Patriots.

Imagine if northwinds was still here?
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
**** that guy, his presence seriously detracted from my enjoyment of the season Welker was having. Instead of being able to just appreciate a great player for the great year he was having he had to turn everything into a race war.

Let's all move on.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I don't disagree with you. There have definitely been a few members of the prior teams that we should have kept. But how many of these players became real pieces to a quality team? Aside from McGinest (not really a quality team) and Samuel, I can't come up with many.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I don't want to think this is about the contract.

But I don't have any other explanation for why Welker isn't starting. Nor do I understand why you hand a guy 9.5 mil and then proceed to not start him. The Patriots have developed a rep for being a great franchise. And they are. But they don't care about their players and sometimes I wonder if keeping guys like Richard Seymour and Asante Samuel would have lead to one or two more SB victories. What I think (not a cap expert, could be wrong) is that they're just riding high on earlier glory to make a shit-ton of money while saving $ on the present squad. I certainly have no business telling Belicheck how to run a team, guy has gotten to the SB 5 times. But why does it seem like almost every time a guy other than Brady goes for full market value he goes somewhere else?
At least your not the only one

Also welker is like 31 or something right? That mean BB will get rid of him soon as BB will see he has no longer need of his tool.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
I don't disagree with you. There have definitely been a few members of the prior teams that we should have kept. But how many of these players became real pieces to a quality team? Aside from McGinest (not really a quality team) and Samuel, I can't come up with many.
Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure Seymour is still good even though the Raiders aren't doing much.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
lolno
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:29 AM   #8
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Patriots march to the beat of their own drum. Always have always will. Well, at least for as long as the Kraft/Belichick duo are there.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: