Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #16
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: End of NY/Tampa Bay reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I have no personal problem with it.... Its a desperado move that isnt likely to help at all.. But I have seen the miracle of the meadow lands play before, so I know its not totally impossible to get the ball back in that situation. they are still trying to find a way to win the game.

"Miracle" was a handoff. Whole different scenario.

Schiano brought the same "us vs the world" tough guy image from Miami to Rutgers. I loved what he accomplished there, though it won't be long lasting. If he's not a dick, it's still fair to call him dickish.

Bush league move imo.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

I can see NYG's side on it but you still play until the final whistle. it will be blown up until the next meeting like the media did with Schwartz and Harbaugh handshake.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQz4B...layer_embedded
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT

Schiano brought the same "us vs the world" tough guy image from Miami to Rutgers. I loved what he accomplished there, though it won't be long lasting. If he's not a dick, it's still fair to call him dickish.

Bush league move imo.

Its not soo different that they should give up on the play...

The Bucs might as well come off the field for the last play if they dont intend to try..

calling it "bushleague" is silly...

Im sure the coach isnt telling them to do that just because he is "just being a d*ck" lets be serious...

He is trying to find a way to win the game...

Like I said I have no problem with it...

Just Like I have no problem with teams who run up the score.... This is football... Its competition from buzzer to buzzer and you dont get points for being "classy"..

if the other team don't like it? I dont care... they need to be prepared to block the play....

That said... I can also see where coughlin is coming from.. He doesnt want his franchise Qb getting hurt on a kneel down..

whining about it after a win is a little silly to me because your Qb DID NOT get hurt... so the bluster over it seems over dramatized for the sake of people who love unnecessary drama...

Overall tho?.. not a big deal at all
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #20
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Shit i didn't see it anyone got a link for I can see what the OP was talking about?

Edit: saw it not bush league stop being bitches

Last edited by AlonzoGOAT : 09-17-2012 at 05:22 PM.
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #21
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

I'm a little confused as to why people have a problem with this.

It's a one possession game with time left on the clock...There's a reason it goes to 0:00 - that's how long you have to win the game. Just because the offense has assumed victory, and chooses not to run a normal play, doesn't mean the defense has to concede victory. What happens if they induce a fumbled snap or something? Unlikely - not impossible.

Last edited by raid09 : 09-18-2012 at 03:17 AM.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:28 AM   #22
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Cheap IMO but not dirty or illegal, they were well within their rights.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #23
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool

my memory may be failing me, but didn't this happen at the end of the seahawks saints playoff game two years ago? saints did it 2-3 times while the seahawks were taking a knee. no one seemed to care... i can't even find a video of it to post.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Interestingly, Josh Freeman took 3 kneels at the end of the game in week 1 vs the Panthers. I wonder how Schiano would react if it was his guy getting hit.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #25
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Interestingly, Josh Freeman took 3 kneels at the end of the game in week 1 vs the Panthers. I wonder how Schiano would react if it was his guy getting hit.
It's Schiano, you remember him from Rutgers. He'd have a cow.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #26
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

eli wasn't touched. he immediately went over to dallas clark, said something, looked fine and calm. schiano's team would recognize the panthers were putting their fingers in the dirt and they'd lower their pad level to brace for impact. i haven't seen anybody make a big deal of this...there's 50 more dangerous plays in any given football game. last night, denver tried to move the line on ryan's first kneel down.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-18-2012 at 02:05 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
eli wasn't touched. he immediately went over to dallas clark, said something, looked fine and calm. schiano's team would recognize the panthers were putting their fingers in the dirt and they'd lower their pad level to brace for impact. i haven't seen anybody make a big deal of this...there's 50 more dangerous plays in any given football game. last night, denver tried to move the line on ryan's first kneel down.
If it was opposite Schiano would have a fit. It's ok because he did it, it wouldn't be ok if it was against him. Which is the same as with the Giants. It was bush, but it wasn't a crime. (And don't tell me he would have been ok and said nothing, that is not consistent with his personality at all...)

I don't get why people think it was necessary, it had literally no chance of working. It had more chance of a Buc getting hurt in a scrum after when the O-Line pushed back and jumped on them (which they did) than it working.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #28
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Shianos a dbag whats new? And I hate the fvcking giants.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #29
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT

Bush league move imo.
You mean what ray rice accomplished? schaino didnt do shit.. we sucked every year before and after that dude rice left.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #30
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I understand the frustration from the Giants, BUT at the same time, I had no problem with it at all.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: