Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #46
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: End of NY/Tampa Bay reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117

Sigh....

The "lecture" was just used to show past precedence. I hardly see what him being a dick has anything to do with his history of calling that play. Its worked for him in the past, why not try it out now?

But hey, your welcome to rationalize it based on your emotions while I will based on the history of the coach. We both know whose logic is sounder.
We are both basing it on the history of the coach actually, i'm basing it on his history of tweaking opponents. He also when he took over Rutgers started crap with other teams so his team would need to get into it to make them closer together.

You are basing it off two plays in games that were similar.

Please don't take any of this as me saying he's a bad coach. He's not. He's just a dick at times who tends to rub everyone except his own fanbase the wrong way. That never stopped anyone from winning.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #47
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
You posted 9,000 posts arguing about the Eagles dynasty (and no, most of them were not arguing with me). You just don't like im pro Giants because we are the Champs and you are the kings of the runner up.

That's right.. moonwalk outta that comment because you had at least as many posts in that thread (I even think you started it drama queen) as I did, if not more.

you sound childish niko ..... If I was simply mad, I wouldnt consider Coughlin's point of view..

Quote:
Schiano is a dick, that's common knowledge.

oh? do you personally know him?

right now? you sound like a dick...

Quote:
And now this was not a ridiculous dirty thing that he should have been fined for but i do think it was a chippy reaction to earlier play, not a tactical decision.

again..... Who cares? It was one play at the end of the game that you cant stop whining about...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #48
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Quote:
We are both basing it on the history of the coach actually, i'm basing it on his history of tweaking opponents. He also when he took over Rutgers started crap with other teams so his team would need to get into it to make them closer together.

You are basing it off two plays in games that were similar.

Please don't take any of this as me saying he's a bad coach. He's not. He's just a dick at times who tends to rub everyone except his own fanbase the wrong way. That never stopped anyone from winning.

I don't think you're trying to say he's a bad coach, and even if you did that wouldn't matter. I'm still unsure about him. I see a lot of Gruden, i.e stubbornness in him that I dislike. His refusal to play Blount personally irks me. But that is another story. He is a much needed breath of fresh air I will give him that much.

I obviously place more value in his play history than his demeanor. And that is where we differ. Agree to disagree. And I never hope to see Talib lined up against Nicks again.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #49
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

Even I didn't know this play caused 2 fumbles and I've been to quite a few Rutgers games the past few years makes the play seem a whole lot smarter.

Regardless schiano is a dicck.. You'll see it eventually he's one of those tough guy stubborn coaches but he ain't as smart or as good as he thinks he is.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #50
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
You mean what ray rice accomplished? schaino didnt do shit.. we sucked every year before and after that dude rice left.

Rice left after the 2007 season. The school has been to and won three consecutive bowl games since then (they were 2-1 with Rice). That's as many bowls as they were in during Rice's career.

Yes, for a brief shining moment during Rice's stay there, RU was nationally ranked. But that's an aberration, and anyone that's going to base their success on being a Top 10 team is a fool.

Schiano developed a recruiting base in Florida that other teams would love to have because of the ties he developed while at Miami. He has kept many of the top recruits from NJ in-state, a HUGE achievement (Opposing Recruiter:" Well, son, would you like to spend 4 years here in Southern California...or Piscataway???"). He oversaw the renewed commitment to the program that resulted in one of the finest training facilities in the nation.

If that's all you know about Rutgers football, don't insult the rest of us by saying "we". You are not RU.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #51
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
That's right.. moonwalk outta that comment because you had at least as many posts in that thread (I even think you started it drama queen) as I did, if not more.

you sound childish niko ..... If I was simply mad, I wouldnt consider Coughlin's point of view..

oh? do you personally know him?

right now? you sound like a dick...

again..... Who cares? It was one play at the end of the game that you cant stop whining about...

I just disagree so me and someone else are arguing. It's the point of this board, no?

And i don't mean Schiano is a evil human being, i mean more his personality as a coach and the fact he manages to irk everyone he comes in contact with. It's party of his strategy. I don't get why you are getting on me for saying that, did you follow Rutgers and disagree or are you disagreeing on principle?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #52
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Rice left after the 2007 season. The school has been to and won three consecutive bowl games since then (they were 2-1 with Rice). That's as many bowls as they were in during Rice's career.

Yes, for a brief shining moment during Rice's stay there, RU was nationally ranked. But that's an aberration, and anyone that's going to base their success on being a Top 10 team is a fool.

Schiano developed a recruiting base in Florida that other teams would love to have because of the ties he developed while at Miami. He has kept many of the top recruits from NJ in-state, a HUGE achievement (Opposing Recruiter:" Well, son, would you like to spend 4 years here in Southern California...or Piscataway???"). He oversaw the renewed commitment to the program that resulted in one of the finest training facilities in the nation.

If that's all you know about Rutgers football, don't insult the rest of us by saying "we". You are not RU.
I'm more ru than you mayne I fvcking go here right now.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #53
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
My nephew is there too, good looks
Old 09-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #54
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
My nephew is there too, good looks
can't wait for Knicks nets man
Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #55
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
can't wait for Knicks nets man
That's going to be fun, i'm going to catch such shit from all over because a bunch of people think im a nets fan. I'm going to get torched win or lose.

They have a preaseason game in NJ btw i think (Knicks/Nets).
Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #56
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
I beleive JMT is a Rutgers graduate, could be wrong though, but I do remember someone saying they were in a thread when Schiano got hired by TB.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #57
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Which obviously did nothing to enhance your knowledge of the football program over the last 8 years.

Scholarship athlete. Graduate. Member alumni association. Annual financial donor. Two year term on fundraising board.

Hopefully someday you'll catch up.

Last edited by JMT : 09-19-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #58
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Which obviously did nothing to enhance your knowledge of the football program over the last 8 years.

Scholarship athlete. Graduate. Member alumni association. Annual financial donor. Two year term on fundraising board.

Hopefully someday you'll catch up.

Come to one of the courts around campus one day.. well see how much of an athlete you are.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #59
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Come to one of the courts around campus one day.. well see how much of an athlete you are.

54 years old with nothing to prove. Been there, done that. We didn't bother with the open chucker courts.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #60
niko
I Run NY.

You're both Rutgers guys, stop arguing. Civil War is never pretty.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: