Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #16
sunsfan1357
Word.

Default Re: SP's Edition of...The F*ck? Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Brandon Weeden has more rushing yards than Chris Johnson
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #17
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
The Cardinals are 9-2 in their last 11 games. Wins include @NE, SF, @PHI, DAL, and SEAx2....the f*ck?

Arizona should come as a surprise only to those who look to ESPN ("Jets. Tebow. Jets.") for their football insights.

That was a Top 10 defense during the second half of last season. They added more players than any other team in the league before last year, in addition to a rookie starting CB. Stood to reason they'd take time to learn Horton's system in his first year as DC, especially with no off-season.

Campbell and Dockett are rock solid on the Dline. The young LB get better every week and bring sufficient speed to either rush the passer or cover TE/RB without help. Peterson is an absolute stud, both as a ball hawking cover guy and a return man. In addition to him, their special teams are outstanding with Zasdtudil, Feely, Stephens-Howling, etc.

They're well coached, and have obviously taken a key from San Fran, the team they're chasing: run the ball, controlled passing game, win special teams every week, play solid defense.

I had them figured for 8-9 wins regardless who plays QB.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #18
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Arizona should come as a surprise only to those who look to ESPN ("Jets. Tebow. Jets.") for their football insights.

That was a Top 10 defense during the second half of last season. They added more players than any other team in the league before last year, in addition to a rookie starting CB. Stood to reason they'd take time to learn Horton's system in his first year as DC, especially with no off-season.

Campbell and Dockett are rock solid on the Dline. The young LB get better every week and bring sufficient speed to either rush the passer or cover TE/RB without help. Peterson is an absolute stud, both as a ball hawking cover guy and a return man. In addition to him, their special teams are outstanding with Zasdtudil, Feely, Stephens-Howling, etc.

They're well coached, and have obviously taken a key from San Fran, the team they're chasing: run the ball, controlled passing game, win special teams every week, play solid defense.

I thought they were a playoff team as well but many people laughed at me. They have a really good defense and enough weapons on offense to squeak in,
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

https://twitter.com/ChrisJohnson28/s...47097427292160

that was after week 1

he hasn't touched yesterday on Twitter yet...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:04 AM   #20
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT

Thank you for saying this. If Arizona had a decent QB (Skelton could be decent, but we haven't seen enough of him yet), people might be talking about them more. Every week it I read posts among many forums that write off the Cardinals as some terrible team. That defense is pretty scary good. They just need the QB and RB situation figured out.

The NFC West is looking like a very good division this year. 49ers who look like they'll be 13-3. Arizona and Seattle could win 8-10, and the Rams who are probably the worst team in the division look formidable.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 09-18-2012 at 03:08 AM.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #21
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Thought this was noteworthy... Eagles first in total offense, 26th in points.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:35 AM   #22
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

BUMP

In Eagles last 10 games they are 7-0 when Maclin plays and 0-3 when he sits
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #23
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
BUMP

In Eagles last 10 games they are 7-0 when Maclin plays and 0-3 when he sits
It's a bit coincidental, he was hurt when they went into their funk, not they went into a funk when he was gone. Not that he's not important, he is an important piece because he stands there and yells VICK THROW ME THE ****ING BALL IM 5 YARDS AHEAD OF YOU so Vick doesn't force it. But to suggest Maclin is the key to the Eagles (not that you are) is sketchy.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #24
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It's a bit coincidental, he was hurt when they went into their funk, not they went into a funk when he was gone. Not that he's not important, he is an important piece because he stands there and yells VICK THROW ME THE ****ING BALL IM 5 YARDS AHEAD OF YOU so Vick doesn't force it. But to suggest Maclin is the key to the Eagles (not that you are) is sketchy.

I agree that it's not reasonable to say he's the key, but I don't think it's coincidental either. Their WR are seriously undersized, and their speed is what sets them apart. Without Maclin you replace speed with either a mid-sized possession guy (Avant) or the miniscule rookie kid. Until the kid garners some respect, it allows defenses to worry less about their deep threats, devote more coverage to the guy who is really their best receiver (Celek), and gives them more opportunities to throw blitzers from the secondary, something Vick has yet to learn how to recognize or attack.

So, while losing Maclin isn't like losing Calvin Johnson, it does have a far reaching impact on their offensive scheme and how teams defend them.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #25
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Jason Hanson (Lions Kicker) is outscoring Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy, and every receiver in fantasy football this year
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #26
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Brandon Weeden has more rushing yards than Chris Johnson

Unfortunately that is no longer true. Now have to switch Weeden with Matt Cassel or Matt Ryan. Neither are as great, but what can you do?
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #27
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Weeden also has 879 yards on 78-132 (60% completions), 3 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in his last three games and since his opening day debacle.

For comparison's sake, Rodgers has 745 yards (67% completions), 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions through his first three games.

Drew Brees has 907 yards (54.7% completions), 7 touchdowns and 5 interceptions through his first three games.

Yes, it was funny Weeden had more rushing yards than CJ0K, but his name is no longer synonymous with bad quarterbacking. He has actually been very good considering the circumstances and his weapons at WR over the last three games. VERY good all things considered.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-28-2012 at 10:52 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #28
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

yeah Weeden looked pretty decent to me last night, and I already think he is better than Colt McCoy...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #29
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Weeden also has 879 yards on 78-132 (60% completions), 3 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in his last three games and since his opening day debacle.

For comparison's sake, Rodgers has 745 yards (67% completions), 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions through his first three games.

Drew Brees has 907 yards (54.7% completions), 7 touchdowns and 5 interceptions through his first three games.

Yes, it was funny Weeden had more rushing yards than CJ0K, but his name is no longer synonymous with bad quarterbacking. He has actually been very good considering the circumstances and his weapons at WR over the last three games. VERY good all things considered.
I was laughing more at CJ than Weeden, which I'm sure you knew but just wanted to clarify. He has looked pretty good aside from week one, would look even better if he had people that can catch the ball on the team.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #30
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I wasn't referring to anyone in the thread with my above comments... In fact, they sort of go along with the thread topic. I think some people may be surprised at his stats in the last three games. They include two 300-yard passing days, a very respectable completion percentage and not many mistakes, which are two excellent signs for a young QB (especially completion percentage and cutting down on the mistakes).

I was an outspoken opponent of the decision to draft Weeden and I still think it was a very questionable move considering we have, far and away, the youngest roster in the entire NFL and he is 28. It just made sense to me that we would get a young QB to build with and grow with this extraordinarily inexperienced, but talented roster.

That said, he has pretty much blown my expectations out of the water so far. Bill Simmons and his ilk labeled Weeden the "Ginger Cringer" after week one and they are still trying to hold onto the idea that he is an awful player, but it just isn't the case. The first game was a combination of a lot of things. That was TRich's first minutes in the NFL, as he didn't really have a training camp and didn't log a single minute in the preseason. He looked like a shell of the player we have seen the last three weeks and that has really helped take pressure off of the young quarterback. Also, the Eagles' complicated blitzing, blazing fast defense is just about the worst possible opening day defense to face for a rookie QB.

In the last three games he has shown me a lot. He has elite arm strength, very good accuracy when he can step into a pocket and he is also showing a nice feel for the game, which is something you really can't teach a young player.

I still think at 28, he was just too old to take in the first round... But I am starting to think that he could be a really quality starting QB in this league not long from now... And that is something we haven't really had since the franchise came back in '99.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: