Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Am I tripping about this broad or what?

Yall remember i made a thread couple of months back wondering how to approach this chick cuz she was always the first one out the door after class was over. So i got talking to her and got her phone number.... we texted for 2 straight days basically flirting with each other and shit and it seemed like she was interested n stuff. I told her we should kick it this summer and she says for sure.... So 2 weeks ago i told her goodnight and wanted to see if she would text me first..... i waited 3 days and nothing happened. So i texted her saying Hi and shit and we talked for couple of hours and same shit happened. I didn't text her for 5 days to see if she would text me.... once again she didn't so i texted her last night at 5pm and she's yet to respond.... am i wrong for thinkin she was interested or is she trynna play cat and mouse game with me.... has this happened to anyone before?
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Am I tripping about this broad or what?

As a man, you are suppose to make contact first. Women don't call men, it would make them look too easy. You are suppose to make the call.

Nowadays, people text, so you waiting for her text is like waiting for her to call. If you really did show any interest in the girl, you should call her. It's still rather informal to text.

If she's playing games, then there's one way to find out and that's by taking her out. There's a honeymoon period from talking to going out and if you wait too long than she's just going to consider you a homie.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

She met another guy probably. You shouldn't had waited for summer and just invited her out. Of course I am talking about past experience.

~never leave for tomorrow what you can do today...~
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
As a man, you are suppose to make contact first. Women don't call men, it would make them look too easy. You are suppose to make the call.

Nowadays, people text, so you waiting for her text is like waiting for her to call. If you really did show any interest in the girl, you should call her. It's still rather informal to text.

If she's playing games, then there's one way to find out and that's by taking her out. There's a honeymoon period from talking to going out and if you wait too long than she's just going to consider you a homie.
I was actually thinking about calling her.... that was my second option... but now that she's not responding it seems more like she's ignoring me bcuz there's no way in hell a chick would not look at her phone for a whole day.... its ****in summer, bitches be every where.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
She met another guy probably. You shouldn't had waited for summer and just invited her out. Of course I am talking about past experience.

This.

I don't get why the OP would bring up kicking it in the Summer when he can kick it now.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
This.

I don't get why the OP would bring up kicking it in the Summer when he can kick it now.
That's what i was talking about.... i meant kicking it now.... college is out.... and she lives half hour from where i live.... I'd be glad to drive to her town and take her out if a bitch would answer... but i'm not trynna blow up her phone and look desperate.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

is she the proud/arrogant type? i know a chick like that, too proud to admit anything. i had to wait a month of no contact for her to txt me and invite me somewehere. of course, after that period she made it obvious she missed me. anyhow, this bitch rarely texts first. she'll talk to me, but i have to initiate.

i fcking hate her though, she acts like she has biggest ass in the world.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
That's what i was talking about.... i meant kicking it now.... college is out.... and she lives half hour from where i live.... I'd be glad to drive to her town and take her out if a bitch would answer... but i'm not trynna blow up her phone and look desperate.

Call once and leave a message. What I mean by kicking it now, was the first time you guys talked.

Anyways, call her and if she doesn't pick up then leave a message. At least by doing this, you will know if she's interested.

It's not that hard.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #9
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
is she the proud/arrogant type? i know a chick like that, too proud to admit anything. i had to wait a month of no contact for her to txt me and invite me somewehere. of course, after that period she made it obvious she missed me. anyhow, this bitch rarely texts first. she'll talk to me, but i have to initiate.

i fcking hate her though, she acts like she has biggest ass in the world.

Like I said, women don't initiate things and they never have.

Guys are the ones to call. You hear of women sitting by the phone waiting for a call but you never hear a guy do that. Just an old saying when people had to sit around a phone. Nowadays they may not sit around the phone but they stare at it but the same still goes, a man should still call.

Those hard to get broads are the best way to go. Then you know you are not messing with a silly ho.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Like I said, women don't initiate things and they never have.

Guys are the ones to call. You hear of women sitting by the phone waiting for a call but you never hear a guy do that. Just an old saying when people had to sit around a phone. Nowadays they may not sit around the phone but they stare at it but the same still goes, a man should still call.

Those hard to get broads are the best way to go. Then you know you are not messing with a silly ho.
i hear you. i agree on that as well, and to be honest i dislike using texting to set up plans with a girl. i feel like a phone makes things more personable and sort of comprises both people to a further degree than a text does, so no flaking is likely to happen.

generally speaking, the serious chicks definitely do require more work. in my case, this chick knew her way around the kitchen better than Martha stewart. she can cook. had all the other intangibles as well, but i ran out of patience.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Bitches be trippin........
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #12
chosen_one6
Earned not given

chosen_one6 is considered somewhat coolchosen_one6 is considered somewhat cool

At every step that you take in trying to court a woman, you will have to face rejection.

When you first talk to her, you may be rejected. When you ask for her number, for a date, try to have sex with her...at every stage you could be rejected. However, you cannot proceed to the next stage without being the first to broach the subject. Even though this is 2013, women still think that the man should be the one to be in charge when it comes to the dating game.

Call her and ask her out if you really want something to happen. If she doesn't answer, leave a voicemail telling her why you called. If she doesn't get back to you, ditch her ass and find another one. There's always another one.
chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Yall remember i made a thread couple of months back wondering how to approach this chick cuz she was always the first one out the door after class was over. So i got talking to her and got her phone number.... we texted for 2 straight days basically flirting with each other and shit and it seemed like she was interested n stuff. I told her we should kick it this summer and she says for sure.... So 2 weeks ago i told her goodnight and wanted to see if she would text me first..... i waited 3 days and nothing happened. So i texted her saying Hi and shit and we talked for couple of hours and same shit happened. I didn't text her for 5 days to see if she would text me.... once again she didn't so i texted her last night at 5pm and she's yet to respond.... am i wrong for thinkin she was interested or is she trynna play cat and mouse game with me.... has this happened to anyone before?

Problem, You showed interest
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #14
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito

this dude is spot on i've made the same mistake as op before and this guy summed up my problem perfectly, you live and learn forget about her brah and move on plenty of girls out there.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #15
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: