Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 01-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Default Kings@Hornets game thread

I'm sick right now... Anyway this game is winnable but with this team who knows what will happen?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Kings@Hornets game thread

A nice loss to begin the road trip. If the Kings don't win a game on this road trip, ie they lose to memphis, won't the ownership have to admit that they must rebuild?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
Buck
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
A nice loss to begin the road trip. If the Kings don't win a game on this road trip, ie they lose to memphis, won't the ownership have to admit that they must rebuild?

After Webber and Peja were traded, I believe the owners and the GM thought they could rely on the remaining veterans and some young, athletic draftees to power the team to prominence again. Obviously, it hasn't worked. The vets are over the hill. One only needs to watch a few games to become aware of the diminished talent level.

The owners will never admit publicly that a major overhaul is necessary, (for fear of losing the fan base) but I'm speculating that they've known for weeks that personnel changes are needed.

A blockbuster trade involving any or all of the following players (Miller, Bibby, Thomas, Artrest) is imminent. Fans should not expect immediate improvement, though. The focus will be on acquiring draft picks, expiring contracts and young players with athleticism.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
A-MATT
Banned

The Kings Need To Win Badly
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:34 PM   #5
L.O.J.
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT
The Kings Need To Win Badly
In order to do what? get the 8th seed lose 4-1 and do it again next year?

Every loss brings them closer to a high lottery pick or at the very least, a change to the core of the team.
L.O.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:51 AM   #6
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.J.
In order to do what? get the 8th seed lose 4-1 and do it again next year?

Every loss brings them closer to a high lottery pick or at the very least, a change to the core of the team.

That is basically what I'm thinking right now... I mean what's the point of getting the 8th seed to be Dallas/Phoenix's roadkill. We are just a speed bump at best for one of those teams if we even make it. There is no point in getting the 8th seed. Right now the Kings have the 6th worst record in the NBA, the Kings are closer to the Greg Oden sweepstakes than they are to the 8th seed. Heck I don't even know if we could grab the 8th seed by making a blockbuster trade, there are some good teams in front of us. The Clippers are ahead of us, the Nuggets are ahead of us, the TWolves are ahead of us, the Trailblazers are ahead of us, and the Warriors are ahead of us.

I rather try my luck in the lotto, deal for youth and a pass first point guard, get cap room than make the 8th seed and do nothing. If we got the 6th pick in the draft right now we'd be able to choose from Horford/McRoberts/Thabeet and all 3 can help us. We're the 6th worst team in the league right now. Get lucky and we get the 3rd or 4th pick and we can grab Brandan Wright. Continue to suck AND get lucky and you possibly pick Durant/Oden and that is a win/win situation. So you can get your franchise player or at worst(if you trust Petrie's eye for talent) you get your PF of the future. That sounds great to me.

Bottom line is if we suck this year and deal away our vets we can put ourself in a position to be good for the next decade. We'd have a chance at a franchise player, cap room and more expiring contracts to facilitate a trade/deal for(or sign) a star player, and we'd have a ton of young players getting valuable experience this season. This fan base needs re-energizing and the only way to do that is by getting young guys who hustle and have a great future on this team. Fans are sick of seeing the team be mediocre and get 1st round/out.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: