Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: so, let's talk about Sam Bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

are all the Sam doubters FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY starting to see the light yet or no

are any of you beginning to think that just maybe he might be decent???

Nope lol
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Christian Ponder has a 110 QB rating thru 2 games. Future HOFer?
IDK, but he looks really good so far
Old 09-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #18
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Sam Bradford has a good game? Threads of praising.
Sam Bradford plays like he has majority of his career? Excuses.

Makes sense. You cant criticize Bradford only praise him.

Stafford > Bradford

Why is it Bradford on the Lions the same argument you make against Stafford doesnt hold true? Like he wouldnt milk it with CJ as any QB would???

Sounds like something that Skip Bayless would do about the Cowboys.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #19
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

it's hard to get a good read on bradford until he gets a better o-line and receiver(s). amendola is good but the guy is a slot receiver, hardly a #1 WR on good teams unless he turns into wes welker or something. i mean, dude is good but at the end of the day he's still a slot receiver.

saffold has an MCL sprain so he's going to miss a few games. they already lost their center. if you don't think that matters, go watch the usc vs. stanford game and what happened after barkley lost his center. i don't think that part of the argument is an excuse...just the facts of the matter.

he's also learning what...his third new offense?

i'll say this about bradford....i'm not sure he's top 10 but i think he can be right there. i liked him coming out of college and i like him way more than landry jones.

the main problems with bradford regardless:

- he has a relatively weak arm
- checks down way too much
- i think it's fair to say he's injury prone

believe it or not, i think his situation and skillset makes him comparable to alex smith, except bradford is probably a little more accurate in the short passing game.

seriously, look at the similarities:

- they both have relatively weak arms. they just don't bomb it often and when they do, they start to lose a bit of accuracy.

- compare the stats...pretty low completion % the first two years

- their offenses were always changing.

- smith was also getting hammered due to bad o-line play his first couple seasons....just like bradford is. smith's first 30 games as a starter resulted in 81 sacks. bradford's first 28 games as a starter (all he's played so far) resulted in 76 sacks. that shit is eerie similar, right? if bradford gets sacked five times in the next two games to match the 81, i'm getting the hell out of dodge.

- they're both former #1 picks.

the main difference is that bradford started right away and was asked to pass a bit more. ceiling wise...bradford wins there but i still don't see him being a pro bowler or anything or really justifying his #1 pick.

it'll be interesting to see who ends up having the best career: bradford, sanchez, stafford or freeman? i had to include sanchez, dudes.

stafford has definitely shown the most ability so far and has the strongest arm of the bunch. freeman's peak season is better than bradford's imo. near 3500 yards passing, 25/6 TD:INT rate. the stats don't say it all though...he led several 4th quarter comebacks that year. simply put, he was unreal that season. that coincided with mike williams best season. it's yet to be seen if freeman returns to that form, but he's going to have to with the increased weapons around him. tough call between freeman vs. bradford overall imo. freeman definitely has the stronger arm though.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-18-2012 at 05:25 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #20
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Good to see a post about Bradford and not me liking Bradford, but where are you getting that he has a weak arm exactly? During the draft/proday/combine his arm strength was listed up there with all of them including Tebow who can launch it...

Sam throws a good deep ball...accurate deep ball too
Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #21
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

he also shoots fireballs out of his arse in addition to throwing a good accurate deep ball.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
he also shoots fireballs out of his arse in addition to throwing a good accurate deep ball.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #23
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
This. I like Bradford, but his deep ball isn't very good.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

not sure where you guys are getting this at all...he doesn't really have a deep WR, so showing off his accuracy deep is difficult, but I haven't seen anything to make me think he can't throw accurately down field...
Old 09-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #25
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like Bradford, always have. Check my previous posts. He's a very smart and accurate QB but hasn't gotten much help. Who knew the Skins secondary would play do badly and then we lose our best pass rusher (Kerrigan will be) best cover corner and a starter on the 3-4 defensive line.

He handled the Skins game well and was accurate and made good decisions but we will see when he goes against ARI and SF total four games.

I wish Bradford all the success in the world cept against us, which he did.

I will say Fisher certainly has changed this team and despite scarce options at WR, they are actually a 'decent' team and Sam is a 'good' QB. A lot remains to be seen.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I am seeing a few articles out and about that show concern for Sam's deep ball, (not the strength of it though, but the accuracy) and I feel that is just being unfair because he has never had a deep ball WR...

in addition to that he was injured last year which had a bad effect on all of his throwing...his rookie year was fantastic though obviously he won ROY

he doesn't have deep ball issues despite what it may seem right now, certainly didn't in college, give him Calvin and any and all of those rumors disappear
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: