Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #76
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Looper is getting amazing reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
The simplest reason to be sure joe isn't the rainmaker is because joe screwed the rainmakers mom, I don't think they went the incest route. The train scene didn't mean he was the kid, it meant he didn't wanna put the kid through what he went through

The train scene was Cid having to move on because he just saw his mom get shot.. It was part of the whole situation where Cid runs away in a train and starts his jaded journey into becoming the rainmaker. It was a scene that was part of young Joes epiphany. His realization of what would transpire once the MILF was shot down in cold blood.

I know you're not saying they are the same person. Just saying that I dont think its even remotely possible to imagine Joe being Cid. There are dozens of details that would make it impossible.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #77
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just saw this last night, I thought it was great. My gf walked away a little confused, she wasn't sure how JGL knew cid would grow up to be the rainmaker. I had to remind her of the scene at the bar where BW tells JGL. Like ZeN I thought this time travel movie was pretty easy to follow.

Something that hasn't been brought up in this thread yet, how about that first looper that ran. The way the used the doctor to hack him apart, that was awesome!
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #78
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

Something that hasn't been brought up in this thread yet, how about that first looper that ran. The way the used the doctor to hack him apart, that was awesome!

Would have been cool to have a scene (maybe in the DVD deleted scenes) where we see the doctor torturing and severing body parts in the young guy and then seeing the old one progressively get the wounds.. If done right, it could be a crazy spectacle. I say in the DVD cause such a scene would have been excessive in the film..lol
Old 10-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #79
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I found this pretty followable by time travel standards too. They set up a fairly straightforward set of rules, and it was a pretty straightforward story really for what it was.

And I'm with Zen, I don't see any reasonable way you can make a case for Sid being Joe.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #80
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
My gf walked away a little confused, she wasn't sure how JGL knew cid would grow up to be the rainmaker.

Dump her.

Zen - It looked like it was a surgeon or something, so I think the young version of the friend was unconscious while they removed limbs. They didn't need to torture him, just strike the fear of God in the old version of him to get him to come to them.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #81
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Question: Near the end, after the field TK scene, why didn't old Joe automatically went back to his time?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #82
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Question: Near the end, after the field TK scene, why didn't old Joe automatically went back to his time?

I'm confused as to why you think he would go back to his time. The way this movie was set up was that the existence each individual version of himself is effected by the past version of himself, so if the past version of himself dies, then the future version would no longer exist.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #83
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'm confused as to why you think he would go back to his time. The way this movie was set up was that the existence each individual version of himself is effected by the past version of himself, so if the past version of himself dies, then the future version would no longer exist.
I mean at the point of time between "After the TK ends" and "Before Young Joe kill himself". There's a period of time where Old Joe was falling down and then getting up and then pointing a gun at the mother. But since at that point Cid wouldn't be Rainmaker (unless Old Joe kills his mother), shouldn't he automatically go back to his time (Then Young Joe wouldn't need to kill himself)?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #84
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Dump her.

Zen - It looked like it was a surgeon or something, so I think the young version of the friend was unconscious while they removed limbs. They didn't need to torture him, just strike the fear of God in the old version of him to get him to come to them.

Anti Heros' chick is too good looking to dump for such a trivial reason..lol

Yeah your right, I was a bit too lose in calling it torture..lol.. but im sure it would have been cool to see the progressive maiming and severing of body parts... But id argue.. that all the things being done would be a sort of torture for that older version. Maybe its just me but i think id be tormented by wounds manifesting themselves on my body and my anatomy decomposing before my very eyes..lol
Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #85
Myth

Quote:
I mean at the point of time between "After the TK ends" and "Before Young Joe kill himself". There's a period of time where Old Joe was falling down and then getting up and then pointing a gun at the mother. But since at that point Cid wouldn't be Rainmaker (unless Old Joe kills his mother), shouldn't he automatically go back to his time (Then Young Joe wouldn't need to kill himself)?

Why wouldn't Cid be Rainmaker anymore at that point? The thing that stopped him from becoming Rainmaker (assumed) was stopping old Joe from killing the mother, and nothing stopped him yet until young Joe killed himself. Using the TK didn't stop old Joe from killing the mother.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #86
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

I would hope that nobody breaks up with somebody simply because some stranger online says they should
Old 10-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #87
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

Yeah your right, I was a bit too lose in calling it torture..lol.. but im sure it would have been cool to see the progressive maiming and severing of body parts... But id argue.. that all the things being done would be a sort of torture for that older version. Maybe its just me but i think id be tormented by wounds manifesting themselves on my body and my anatomy decomposing before my very eyes..lol

psychological torture for sure, but those wounds would already have been old wounds for the future person, and the memories would have been added.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #88
iamgine

Quote:
Why wouldn't Cid be Rainmaker anymore at that point? The thing that stopped him from becoming Rainmaker (assumed) was stopping old Joe from killing the mother, and nothing stopped him yet until young Joe killed himself. Using the TK didn't stop old Joe from killing the mother.
Umm Cid wouldn't be rainmaker because he made connection with Sara.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #89
Myth

Quote:

But if Sara was killed by old Joe after that moment, then he would have even more rage in him, meaning he very easily could still turn into Rainmaker.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #90
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Im guessing that the rainmaker will always essentially be the rainmaker.. (Buddhist Belief) but the difference would be the details.. His intentions, motivations and personal designations.

Probably this
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: