Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #796
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Week 3 Discussion and Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Clay Matthews apparently posted Goodell's personal phone number on Facebook.

https://twitter.com/Wozzletof/status.../photo/1/large

I couldn't get through.

What would you of said if he answered
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #797
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bryant Gumbel said it best:

"But the reality of guys who are worth billions, risking the health of players worth millions, in order to save just thousands of dollars is downright silly."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyPm_SFPD44
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #798
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873

What would you of said if he answered
I don't know, just that he's a tool or something. It's not like he'd have sat there and have a conversation.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #799
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Ahhh, that's just Goodell's office number you can get easily. Bummer.
Also a fake page, not really Clay Matthews FB.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #800
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

http://deadspin.com/5946113/?utm_cam...ium=socialflow

Collection of Packers players tweets about the refs.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #801
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Even though it's only the end of week 3 I wish I could change my teams that would go to the playoffs predictions that I did before the season. That parity
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:30 AM   #802
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
What do you think of Moss? It's a small thing because you don't need him. But doesn't it seem like he's moving slowly toward apathetic Moss?

I'm not sure what they told him when they sat down with him before he signed. But I know the local media and my friends thought it was a great signing because they envisioned him returning to young Moss form.

The second I heard he was signed I thought: "Oh cool he'll stretch the field on certain plays." I couldn't imagine him being used that often. To me it is no surprise.

Now what's going on in his head is another story. And he has refused to take hits, he has seemed a little distant, and I'm not sure if that's just fatigue or what, but if he thought, whether correct or not, that he was going to be a guy getting a ton of snaps then he may be getting frustrated.

It also doesn't help that Alex is used to Crabtree, Davis, Walker, Gore, Hunter, and Williams more so than the new guys. So he'll look to them a lot. But I think we have a great coach, our QB is by all accounts a great leader, the whole team has a particular personality that will keep Moss in check.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #803
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357

Gilbert Brown@GilbertBrown
Interception and then this jak ass out of no where say's touchdown... WTF

@MNewhouse74
No comprendo.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:37 AM   #804
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357

I understand the frustration with the refs, I get the delays, the wacky stuff, etc. But here are two things I do not understand:

1) What are we pining for the old refs back? At least in their old capacity. They sucked ass too. Not to this extent but it's just funny to me that everyone is propping up those officials. What really needs to happen is full time professional referees.

2) I don't get this type of complaining. Keep the fight out of the hands of the judges. Both teams have to deal with the bad calls. Don't allow the refs to make a judgement that will result in a loss.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #805
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I understand the frustration with the refs, I get the delays, the wacky stuff, etc. But here are two things I do not understand:

1) What are we pining for the old refs back? At least in their old capacity. They sucked ass too. Not to this extent but it's just funny to me that everyone is propping up those officials. What really needs to happen is full time professional referees.

2) I don't get this type of complaining. Keep the fight out of the hands of the judges. Both teams have to deal with the bad calls. Don't allow the refs to make a judgement that will result in a loss.
The old refs blew calls too that were clearly not as fouled but not as consistent at these refs IMO. They struggle some specific penalties too.

And I see no problem with them blowing off steam/frustration through twitter IMO.
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:44 AM   #806
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

jermichael finley replying to a fake frank gore account -____-
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #807
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

NFL - I don't think that's what happened.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #808
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
Why is everyone crying? Sure it was a bad officiated game, but for both sides.

Seahawks were the better team and the W-L shows it. Sorry Packer fans.

Wow....

Most people, myself included, don't give two shits who won the game. The Seahawks were equally as bad in the second half as the Packers were in the first half.

People are "crying" because of horrible, game-ruining officiating (on both sides), highlighted by the atrocious, blatantly wrong call at the end. People are "crying" because it's a league-wide epidemic that's ruining football. This isn't "Oh, the Packers got a bad call, the Seahawks got a make up call." This is such horrible officiating that it is impossible to know who "deserved" to win the game. The win doesn't mean anything, and neither does the loss, and as far as I'm concerned, this is not the only game these past three weeks with an asterisk by it.

But, clearly you are happy about the win*, so congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

I think you're exaggerating on the differences between refs. These are guys that couldn't even ref in the Lingerie Football League. These are guys that routinely **** up rules, and while the old refs were somewhat inconsistent on PIs and holding calls, these guys are entirely inconsistent. Shit, they awarded the 49ers multiple extra timeouts in the 4th. Even on the penalties they correctly called tonight, they messed up on the enforcement of them. When that kind of stuff happens with real officials, it's surprising at the very least. With the replacement refs, these **** ups have become the status-quo. This has happened every weekend since the beginning of the season, in multiple games. When you're a defensive player, and the amount of contact you can make changes play to play and week to week to the extent it has, there's not much you can do to "keep it out of the refs hands."

Last edited by raid09 : 09-25-2012 at 04:37 AM.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:16 AM   #809
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Is it just me, or from reading these tweets does it seem like these guys are stupid as shyt from the way they type. It just shines through so badly

cost = caused

13th man?
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:20 AM   #810
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
Is it just me, or from reading these tweets does it seem like these guys are stupid as shyt from the way they type. It just shines through so badly

cost = caused

13th man?

What is wrong with "13th man"?
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: