Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #811
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Week 3 Discussion and Game Thread

NFL Rule Book: "It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control."

^ maybe the ref was thinking along these lines? still, jennings had control first from just about every angle i've seen. i mean, you even saw the ref come in, look down when jennings had the ball and STILL call it a TD. i've been trying to find ways to see it from the ref's angle in live play. i just don't even...

now, who's to say the real refs don't ask for even more money after this debacle? they've gained even more leverage. also, this could affect a wildcard spot down the line. i still expect pack to make the playoffs but what if they're hit with injuries and miss out by one game? they are in a 1-2 hole right now and will have to go 7-6 just to finish .500 from this point. they're honestly lucky that they're in a weak division.

espn will milk this for all it's worth. can't really blame them as it's good business but i'll be avoiding that blowhard crap. only props i'll give is to steve young who just laid into the league. i'm starting to like him more and more as an analyst. he basically said this was unacceptable.

are ratings down? attendance down? merch sales down? nope. if you guys keep tuning in, why should the owners hammer out a deal? the rich get richer and they don't give a single fvck about your complaints. packers are publicly owned so in a twist of irony, a single owner isn't even getting screwed here.

this is what the ref is looking at as he makes the call. this is my fav picture of the incident because it shows what he's looking at. it's easy to see what is happening in a slow mo replay from various angles. i think this picture is a little more telling:

wtf bro? wtf? this mofo is looking right at jennings with his his hands on the ball against his chest and calls a TD for seattle?

NFL owners theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm4TG56KGZ4

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-25-2012 at 07:21 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:07 AM   #812
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
the best part is the two refs looking at each other thinking, "WHAT THE F*CK DO WE DO"

"We don't know what in the hell we're doing so let's just make the home fans happy and call it a touchdown."
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #813
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ref didn't see it basically. And then they were on the round wrestling and he said "umm...simultaneous right? OFFENSE! TD!" And then they were basically ****ed because the rule is you can't change it. And like poster above, i don't think they wanted to piss off the home crowd.

Basically on the game deciding play i don't think even 1 of those mofo's had a clear look. Which is there only job.

BTW, not that this is good in any way, but i'm glad this happened to the Packers of all teams as they are are such a whiny bunch in general, the only NFL team that should be handed out cards for diving. We knew this was coming, the fact it happened to the Packers makes me laugh. SORRY i cant help it.

Last edited by niko : 09-25-2012 at 07:12 AM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #814
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The worst thing is we have people who clearly don't even like football who just like claiming fix or bitching about bad calls, acting like women every week and not knowing anything about the games, and now they have a forum basically to speak and dominate the discussion.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #815
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Ref didn't see it basically. And then they were on the round wrestling and he said "umm...simultaneous right? OFFENSE! TD!" And then they were basically ****ed because the rule is you can't change it. And like poster above, i don't think they wanted to piss off the home crowd.

i definitely think that home crowd could be a factor. these dudes haven't really been in real pressure situations of this magnitude. that said, it's even hard to argue dual possession since it seemed like jennings had most of the ball to begin with. the ref who called the TD really should have talked to the other ref first. he really screwed the pooch because even replay refs couldn't change that. the possession call is made on the field and is final so they had no power to overturn the TD. really just a shitty situation all around. these refs are way in over their head and just can't deal.

i think tate is a douche regardless since i followed his college career but i don't see how people can blame him or the refs. this is between the owners and the real refs, period. goodell can only do so much. if he goes to the owners and they still don't give a crap, he doesn't really have many options. owners will just take a look at this week's sunday ratings and laugh as we sheep tune in yet again, while eating snacks and drinking beer. 'merica, fvck ya!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #816
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY-cCiC93jA
Jamaal is back
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #817
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

three of the officials on the crew were let go from the pac 12 for incompetence. if anybody has seen pac 12 refs, they know they are some of the worst. pac 12 and ACC have tons of questionable refs between them, so if you let one of those guys go, that might be a red flag.

here's a list of the replacement refs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s#cite_note-14

i already know the guy who called it a TD....

just switch to college FB. it's better anyway.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-25-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #818
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Basically on the game deciding play i don't think even 1 of those mofo's had a clear look. Which is there only job.

BTW, not that this is good in any way, but i'm glad this happened to the Packers of all teams as they are are such a whiny bunch in general, the only NFL team that should be handed out cards for diving. We knew this was coming, the fact it happened to the Packers makes me laugh. SORRY i cant help it.
Aren't you a giants fan?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #819
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Aren't you a giants fan?
Giants don't whine about calls like the Packers. The Packers receivers dive like soccer players. Aaron Rodgers looks like he is going to cry every time he gets hit. They got screwed totally. No doubt. But they whine like girls anyway so i'm going to laugh at them and be pissed the officials at the same time.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #820
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Giants don't whine about calls like the Packers. The Packers receivers dive like soccer players. Aaron Rodgers looks like he is going to cry every time he gets hit. They got screwed totally. No doubt. But they whine like girls anyway so i'm going to laugh at them and be pissed the officials at the same time.
Every team whines about calls. The Giants are no different then the Packers when it comes to that. The packers receivers dive like soccer players? What does that even mean? And Rodgers is fearless when it comes to getting hit.

Now i remember why i hate Giants fans
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #821
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Every team whines about calls. The Giants are no different then the Packers when it comes to that. The packers receivers dive like soccer players? What does that even mean? And Rodgers is fearless when it comes to getting hit.

Now i remember why i hate Giants fans
Packers dive and whine not like most teams. Didn't they announce how they really didn't lose to us last year? When we kicked their ass? (as far as i recall that was not a 1 pot game). WHINERS...

Hate away, we didn't get ****ed over yesterday. Thanks for finding me a silver lining in this.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #822
niko
I Run NY.

The worst thing about this is we have people who know literally NOTHING about football giving us their opinions and their outrage when they don't even like football and are basically using this topic as a forum to either bash football, or claim conspiracy.

And people need to stop getting on the seahawks. ANY fan, if his team won like that would accept it and move on. It's not for that team's fans to give it back. NO ONE WOULD

Now if the Seahawk fans try to rationalize they didn't get a gift, then they should shut up because they did. But you have to take the win, that's how it works.

Last edited by niko : 09-25-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #823
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Apparently there was a $250 million swing from that one play. Packers were a 3.5 favorite.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #824
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Apparently there was a $250 million swing from that one play. Packers were a 3.5 favorite.
I hope Vegas took a bath on this but i could care less either way.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #825
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I hope Vegas took a bath on this but i could care less either way.
public were all over GB,

vegas wins again.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: