Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #31
ROCSteady
R E D S K I N S

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Joe Flacco vs Matt Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Dilfer is 6'4" and also had a cannon arm when he came out of college. Flacco is also a game manager who is lucky to be in the Baltimore organization.

Flacco simply isn't a great QB. Every time someone makes a top QBs under 30 list he's routinely slotted in at #5, behind Ryan, with the caveat that his playoff victories are considered as bonus points. Flacco is a placeholder QB. Good enough to fill in fine until you have the opportunity to get a real star at the position.

Actually Flacco 6 foot 6. My bad.

Flacco is much more than a game manager. I see all his games. He throws strikes w velocity and has great touch on the deep ball. Dude has a cannon.

I would say Ryan is supposed to be the better QB and was when they both started but he has a luxury directly affecting him w Roddy n Julio.

Flacco has had the better team but I'd say it's almost a wash.

Flacco ^

Ryan -

Their stock. Ryan is getting better too but he hasn't been much diff his entire career. Shit the bed in the playoffs.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #32
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

IDK but I'd take both over Romo
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #33
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Actually Flacco 6 foot 6. My bad.

Flacco is much more than a game manager. I see all his games. He throws strikes w velocity and has great touch on the deep ball. Dude has a cannon.

I would say Ryan is supposed to be the better QB and was when they both started but he has a luxury directly affecting him w Roddy n Julio.

Flacco has had the better team but I'd say it's almost a wash.

Flacco ^

Ryan -

Their stock. Ryan is getting better too but he hasn't been much diff his entire career. Shit the bed in the playoffs.
By "shit the bed" would I be correct in assuming you mean his ground attack has been completely shut down so teams just sat in a 2 Deep shell and limited any deep options (Giants) or that he spent most of the game running for his life from the pass rush (Green Bay)?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #34
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
By "shit the bed" would I be correct in assuming you mean his ground attack has been completely shut down so teams just sat in a 2 Deep shell and limited any deep options (Giants) or that he spent most of the game running for his life from the pass rush (Green Bay)?

I've cheered for a quarterback who routinely had no run game in "big" games and still found a way to get us points. Having no run game is not an excuse for Matt Ryan to throw a pick 6 at the end of the half when being careful with the football was of the utmost importance. But he threw it. It's not an excuse to get shut out in the playoffs last year.

Turnovers directly leading to pick 6's when you yourself are in position to kick a field goal at the end of a half in a playoff game is a gut buster. It's at best a 7 point swing, at worst a 10 point swing (if you make the field goal)

He also had another pick in the endzone where he floated a deep pass giving the safety way too much time to get their for the pick.

Matt hasn't been good in the playoffs so far. That will change, most likely....but it is what it is for now.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #35
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Played well vs. the Texans before the Pats game, year before he played well vs. KC

He has his fair share of bad performances, but most of those came in his rookie year and 2nd year.

Not really. He played average but I can't really blame him because our defense was just suffocating the shit outta that Ravens' offense. He was mediocre. If not for the muffed punt by Jacoby the Ravens probably wouldn't even had won.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #36
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

He made the plays when they needed them and didn't have any turnovers playing against a top 5 defense who was obliterating his o-line all game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #37
ROCSteady
R E D S K I N S

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Ugh it's not the first time a QB has had his running game shut down in the playoffs. He played bad, they (GB specifically) disrupted his flow and he played like shit. No way around it. Talk the variables all u want. He's gotten blown out of his own stadium in the playoffs.

Go ahead Bill O'Reilly, spin the facts.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #38
ROCSteady
R E D S K I N S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I've cheered for a quarterback who routinely had no run game in "big" games and still found a way to get us points. Having no run game is not an excuse for Matt Ryan to throw a pick 6 at the end of the half when being careful with the football was of the utmost importance. But he threw it. It's not an excuse to get shut out in the playoffs last year.

Turnovers directly leading to pick 6's when you yourself are in position to kick a field goal at the end of a half in a playoff game is a gut buster. It's at best a 7 point swing, at worst a 10 point swing (if you make the field goal)

He also had another pick in the endzone where he floated a deep pass giving the safety way too much time to get their for the pick.

Matt hasn't been good in the playoffs so far. That will change, most likely....but it is what it is for now.

Thank you sir. They guy with the pedo avatar does not know football or he is an apologist at his convenience.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #39
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

honestly its tough. Flacco has had the better team overall especially on the defensive side but Ryan has had by far the better offensive weapons to work w/. Flacco has the edge in postseason play. I can't believe I'm saying this because I haven't been a fan of him, but give me Flacco over Ryan.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #40
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Flacco was awesome last night and led a masterful game winning drive. He threw up 167 yards in the 4th quarter, extrapolate that over 4 quarters.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #41
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

eat it flacco haters!
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: