Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
pegasus
uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board
Default Re: Darko Milicic to sign with Boston

Damn, they are loaded! But Rondo will almost have to be the best player in the series to take out the Heat; or he, Pierce, Garnett will all have to play like true all-stars, and Terry like a legit 6th man of the year.

Their depth will help them get through the season, but in a 7-game series against the Heat, the stars will have to step it up big time. I like their chances.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #17
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
KG/Wilcox/DARKO/Collins/Melo
Bass/Sullinger
Pierce/Green
Lee/Bradley
Rondo/Terry/Dooling

I'd be surprised if Darko ends up behind Wilcox on the depth chart. I think Jeff Green will probably back up both the 3 and the 4 while Sullinger plays spot minutes for at least the first half of the season.

This is a great signing for the Celtics, KG and Darko could be a monster defensive duo.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #18
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz

I'd laugh so hard if he beats James, Wade and Bosh in a series. Heck, hopefully we can face New York in the first round and he can beat Anthony as well.
By beat do you mean run over and start punching? Because i don't see how else he's beating anyone (unless him sitting in his chair counts...)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #19
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
Darko is many things, but a pussy he is not.

I meant hes more into getting pussy than baskets. I kinda think hes crazy tough, which makes the whole dynamic with KG even better. I dont know what Id rather watch, this or Avery Johnson coaching Blatche.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #20
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
By beat do you mean run over and start punching? Because i don't see how else he's beating anyone (unless him sitting in his chair counts...)

Yes, a physical beating.

Actually something that bothers me about Darko's career is how the Pistons gave up on him when he was 20. Why not see out his whole rookie contract? Flip Saunders should have spent more time developing him in his 3rd season - he may have had a slightly better career, and would have eventually replaced Wallace as the starting center.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #21
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
I meant hes more into getting pussy than baskets. I kinda think hes crazy tough, which makes the whole dynamic with KG even better. I dont know what Id rather watch, this or Avery Johnson coaching Blatche.

This will be AMAZING!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #22
Cone
thunder upton

Cone is considered somewhat coolCone is considered somewhat cool

2nd round at best. Too old.
Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #23
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Boston is definitely a contender, I don't see them losing to anyone in the East outside of Miami but they could even beat them imo.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #24
Raz

I'm hoping for a Spurs - Celtics finals, so we can see Darko shut-down Timmy D.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=milicda01
Old 09-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #25
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

I cannot wait to see Garnett rip into Milicic.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #26
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

KG playing C the whole season is a off for me.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #27
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

I like it for Boston. Centers tend to do good in their system.

If they manage to do away with the Heat, they'll need his size against the Lakers.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #28
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
I like it for Boston. Centers tend to do good in their system.

If they manage to do away with the Heat, they'll need his size against the Lakers.

We need to counter Indiana, Philadelphia and possibly Chicago before then. Hopefully he's coming to play hard and listen
Old 09-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #29
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
We need to counter Indiana, Philadelphia and possibly Chicago before then. Hopefully he's coming to play hard and listen

And people think the East is weak.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 09-20-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #30
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star

Celtic_Pride has decent reputationCeltic_Pride has decent reputation

Nice signing. He is a good shot blocker who will be vital for the 2nd unit. Hopefully he will be motivated come playoff time!
Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: