Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Closure

I just grabbed this downloadable puzzler for PS3. I think it's a PS exclusive.

It's pretty cool so far. It's got a nifty gimmick. The game is played in complete darkness, except for areas lit by beams of light, or light orbs that the character can carry. The trick is if it's not lit, it doesn't exist. So if you're not carrying a light, and you walk into the shadows, you fall to your death, because there's no ground if it's not lit. Each level is a 2D platformer set up with a door. Sometimes needing a key, sometimes needing some other mechanic to open up. Say there's a wall between you and the door, you'd want to eliminate any light pointing at the wall, then you can jump over that gap, because the wall wouldn't exist.

My only gripe is that it gives me a bit of a headache playing and focusing on this small moving area of screen, so I can't really play that long.

I still feel like there should be a DL Game topic stuck in here. I never know what to buy. They don't get advertised. Rarely get reviewed. I just stumble on an occasional one while in the store. And I like them for chewing up a week or two of casual gaming.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Closure

I've played it before, really fun but I got stuck after an hour or so of playing it. I would definitely recommend it, might go back and play it again today.

I know you have a very defined game taste so I might not be able to help you as much but for downloadable games on PSN,

Journey is ridiculously fun, kind of short though.
Minecraft, I've gotten my 20 bucks worth out of it easily.
Joe Danger, which is a racing type game, except you can design the tracks in a way by putting new objects on the maps, be it loops you have to drive, or objects to drive around or ramps, etc etc.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I've played it before, really fun but I got stuck after an hour or so of playing it. I would definitely recommend it, might go back and play it again today.

I know you have a very defined game taste so I might not be able to help you as much but for downloadable games on PSN,

Journey is ridiculously fun, kind of short though.
Minecraft, I've gotten my 20 bucks worth out of it easily.
Joe Danger, which is a racing type game, except you can design the tracks in a way by putting new objects on the maps, be it loops you have to drive, or objects to drive around or ramps, etc etc.

So far my favorite DLs have been the two pixel junk shooters. Limbo. Elephunk.
I have a taste for puzzlers on the DL stuff.

I'd like to give Minecraft and Journey a shot.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
So far my favorite DLs have been the two pixel junk shooters. Limbo. Elephunk.
I have a taste for puzzlers on the DL stuff.

I'd like to give Minecraft and Journey a shot.
Limbo is fantastic totally agreed. Elephunk I've never heard of, but after reading this looked into it and I may give it a go. I really like Puzzlers as well, Magic Orbz is an okay one. Basically it's pong with an area that you have to destroy, but you can only do it in certain ways, and you can get combos, and more points etc etc.

And you'd love Journey given you like the third person adventure game. It's somewhat of a puzzler too. You can play Minecraft online for free first if you decide you like it. It'll be an older version though, but it has most of the same stuff as the current edition I believe. I played it while it was in beta so I enjoyed it enough to get it on my 360, and have gotten a lot more hours logged in since I bought it.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: