Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
m y t i n
I hit open 5-footers

m y t i n has decent reputation
Default Scoring Leaders so far

What is going on? Only 8 players are averaging over 20 ppg which is a significantly lower frequency compared to previous seasons where there were around at least 20 players averaging over 20 ppg with the exception of last season. I thought last season's scoring leaders were an anomaly of only 12 players averaging over 20 ppg due to the lockout and the condensed season, but it seems that this season, scoring has taken an even more significant dip. Why are the ppg averages for individual players so low for the last couple of seasons?
m y t i n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Scoring Leaders so far

The formation of super teams.

One constant...Kobe doing his thing as usual while guys are dropping off.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rose n nowitzki are out
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'd like to hear other's opinion but here's some of my thoughts:
Usually shooting guards and centers are the ones who score more than other position. This is an era that so desperate of elite SG and C. The best SG at this moment is a 34yr old veteran. Wade is declining fast. Harden has hit the ground hard. No one else really stands out. Maybe OJ.Mayo and Damian Lillard. I honestly don't know what's wrong with Monta Ellis.
As for centers, both Dwight and Bynum are capable of average 20+ if 100% healthy but unfortunately they aren't. Robin Lopez if he gets more touches.
We have tons of talented PGs but they're not meant to score that much. Except Weskbrook who many people consider a SG. And Rose's out
Just a different era in my opinion.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
I'd like to hear other's opinion but here's some of my thoughts:
Usually shooting guards and centers are the ones who score more than other position. This is an era that so desperate of elite SG and C. The best SG at this moment is a 34yr old veteran. Wade is declining fast. Harden has hit the ground hard. No one else really stands out. Maybe OJ.Mayo and Damian Lillard. I honestly don't know what's wrong with Monta Ellis.
As for centers, both Dwight and Bynum are capable of average 20+ if 100% healthy but unfortunately they aren't. Robin Lopez if he gets more touches.
We have tons of talented PGs but they're not meant to score that much. Except Weskbrook who many people consider a SG. And Rose's out
Just a different era in my opinion.

OJ Mayo is a stand out for sure. We just playing in a weak era
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #6
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
OJ Mayo is a stand out for sure. We just playing in a weak era
Less individual scoring doesn't necessarily mean weaker.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: