Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Los Angelinos.....Wanna try something new for the Halloween season? "Delusion"

about:

HAUNTED PLAY: The First Ever Interactive Horror Theatre Company was created in 2011 by Hollywood stuntman Jon Braver. Neil Patrick Harris joins the team in 2012 to help Haunted Play create more psychologically disturbing, interactive theatre experiences.

In 2011, Haunted Play presented its first interactive horror play titled DELUSION. It was named 2011’s “Best Haunted Attraction” by FOX LA and “Hottest Ticket in LA” by NPR's All Things Considered. The show quickly became a phenomenon. Haunted Play returns in 2012 with an ALL NEW terrifying show titled DELUSION: The Blood Rite. The story is told through gripping interaction, suspenseful storytelling and explosive stunt work. With The Blood Rite, Haunted Play will dive deeper into fear by requiring the audience to make terrifying decisions to further the story.

Haunted Play's show format is as follows: Every 12-15 minutes, groups of 10 begin the play, guided by mysterious figures. This year, the play begins outside...in a graveyard. Bring a jacket. And extra underwear.

Story:

Inside the decrepit, diseased mansion lived a family that existed in a world of nightmares. The head of household, the malignant psychiatrist Dr. Frederick Lowell, worked in seclusion to realize his idea for the next stage of human evolution. His prized patients lived here as well. Dr. Lowell’s dark methods enabled some to exhibit unreal abilities such as telekinesis, gravity manipulation and thought control.

Yet before his even greater plan could be realized, he was murdered by his wife Cassandra.

Dr. Lowell's death left you without your master. You were scattered and alone, left to wander the outside.

You’ve finally returned from The Great War to face an even darker pain.Your nightmares have become unbearable. It is not only the gunfire, or severed limbs landing by your feet that haunt you. It is the mansion, your former home…and her voice.
Come home. Help me free our father from the darkness.
Time and again, she has called upon you in your dreams, pleading for help with a task she cannot perform alone.
Help me end his suffering and I will end yours.
Each night, her pleadings grow stronger. Her words burn deeper into your mind.
Find the grave...bring me the vial!
It is unavoidable. You've chosen to forget this place, yet ultimately your torment drives you back to the dark mansion to confront whatever it is that keeps sanity just out of reach.

The website:

http://www.hauntedplay.com/home-2012

Fox news coverage of last year's event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQj4-...ature=youtu.be

My girl and I are going to check this out October 6th.

What do you folks think? The interactive aspect is a different spin from your regular run of the mill haunted attractions. I emailed them to see how long it lasts as the price is a bit up there. We'll see.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Jakeh008
Banned

Jakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this board
Default Re: Los Angelinos.....Wanna try something new for the Halloween season? "Delusion"

Interesting

Post the response you get from them. It looks like something I might want to check out but the price is a little high.
Jakeh008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Los Angelinos.....Wanna try something new for the Halloween season? "Delusion"

2nd story sounds scarier
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I might be going as well if plans fall into place.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeh008
Interesting

Post the response you get from them. It looks like something I might want to check out but the price is a little high.

I'll let you guys know. I already bought the tickets a few days ago, but im just NOW thinking about how long it is per walkthrough. There is a bar there too I believe so that's a nice little thing to check out...plus the house they're doing it in looks cool.

Im wondering about the entire attraction. Hearing good feedback...
Old 09-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
about:

HAUNTED PLAY: The First Ever Interactive Horror Theatre Company was created in 2011 by Hollywood stuntman Jon Braver. Neil Patrick Harris joins the team in 2012 to help Haunted Play create more psychologically disturbing, interactive theatre experiences.

In 2011, Haunted Play presented its first interactive horror play titled DELUSION. It was named 2011’s “Best Haunted Attraction” by FOX LA and “Hottest Ticket in LA” by NPR's All Things Considered. The show quickly became a phenomenon. Haunted Play returns in 2012 with an ALL NEW terrifying show titled DELUSION: The Blood Rite. The story is told through gripping interaction, suspenseful storytelling and explosive stunt work. With The Blood Rite, Haunted Play will dive deeper into fear by requiring the audience to make terrifying decisions to further the story.

Haunted Play's show format is as follows: Every 12-15 minutes, groups of 10 begin the play, guided by mysterious figures. This year, the play begins outside...in a graveyard. Bring a jacket. And extra underwear.

Story:

Inside the decrepit, diseased mansion lived a family that existed in a world of nightmares. The head of household, the malignant psychiatrist Dr. Frederick Lowell, worked in seclusion to realize his idea for the next stage of human evolution. His prized patients lived here as well. Dr. Lowell’s dark methods enabled some to exhibit unreal abilities such as telekinesis, gravity manipulation and thought control.

Yet before his even greater plan could be realized, he was murdered by his wife Cassandra.

Dr. Lowell's death left you without your master. You were scattered and alone, left to wander the outside.

You’ve finally returned from The Great War to face an even darker pain.Your nightmares have become unbearable. It is not only the gunfire, or severed limbs landing by your feet that haunt you. It is the mansion, your former home…and her voice.
Come home. Help me free our father from the darkness.
Time and again, she has called upon you in your dreams, pleading for help with a task she cannot perform alone.
Help me end his suffering and I will end yours.
Each night, her pleadings grow stronger. Her words burn deeper into your mind.
Find the grave...bring me the vial!
It is unavoidable. You've chosen to forget this place, yet ultimately your torment drives you back to the dark mansion to confront whatever it is that keeps sanity just out of reach.

The website:

http://www.hauntedplay.com/home-2012

Fox news coverage of last year's event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQj4-...ature=youtu.be

My girl and I are going to check this out October 6th.

What do you folks think? The interactive aspect is a different spin from your regular run of the mill haunted attractions. I emailed them to see how long it lasts as the price is a bit up there. We'll see.

I had an idea of doing something similar years ago. I never finished writing the script, but the premise was very similar. An environmental play which was a true HORROR play, and not a 'mystery' one. The main issue was dealing with the logistics of it all and how to write an effective play to accommodate our facilities and capabilities.

I want to see this!
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Okay, so the people at Delusion didnt exactly get back to me, but Neil Patrick Harris (who is one of the producers of this year's event) was on the Late Show with Craig Ferguson talking about this same event, promoting it, and he happened to mention it being about a 40 minute event.

So, you figure 40 minutes, plus they have a bar on site.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Here are some reviews on yelp

http://www.yelp.com/biz/haunted-play...-los-angeles-2
Old 09-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Interestingly enough though, if you read the reviews....several people claim different walk through times.

I wonder if its a question of shorter shows, vs longer shows, or do people just lose track of time?
Old 09-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #10
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

“Delusion: The Blood Rite” May Be Too Frightening For Some Viewers

The West Adams mansion where Delusion: Blood Rite will take place
CreepyLA recently chatted with “Delusion: The Blood Rite” creator Jon Braver on how things were gearing up for his Halloween attraction’s second year. First off, he insisted, “We’re not treating this as a haunted house.” He prefers, “the most psychologically disturbing interactive experience you’ll ever have.”

In addition to being a longer “Haunted Play” this year, Braver promised more interactivity, and more intensity. So much intensity, in fact, that his crew is working on a system so an audience member will be able to stop the show so they can leave if necessary.

NOTE: SPOILERS AHEAD – If you want to be completely surprised and shocked by the level of interactivity at Delusion, stop reading now and just mark your calendars or grab your tickets. You’ve been warned!

Read on:

http://creepyla.com/blog/2012/08/24/...-some-viewers/
Old 09-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #11
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
“Delusion: The Blood Rite” May Be Too Frightening For Some Viewers

The West Adams mansion where Delusion: Blood Rite will take place
CreepyLA recently chatted with “Delusion: The Blood Rite” creator Jon Braver on how things were gearing up for his Halloween attraction’s second year. First off, he insisted, “We’re not treating this as a haunted house.” He prefers, “the most psychologically disturbing interactive experience you’ll ever have.”

In addition to being a longer “Haunted Play” this year, Braver promised more interactivity, and more intensity. So much intensity, in fact, that his crew is working on a system so an audience member will be able to stop the show so they can leave if necessary.

NOTE: SPOILERS AHEAD – If you want to be completely surprised and shocked by the level of interactivity at Delusion, stop reading now and just mark your calendars or grab your tickets. You’ve been warned!

Read on:

http://creepyla.com/blog/2012/08/24/...-some-viewers/

andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:23 AM   #12
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sounded more interesting than the videos made it look. I'm not sold enough to spend nearly $50 for 30 minutes.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: