Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #46
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

You shouldn't be.

Dez is better now and will probably extend that gap as the years go by.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #47
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
You shouldn't be.

Nah. I think Thomas when healthy has been just as good as Dez. Both have injury concerns, Dez is just a headcase. When Thomas was healthy last year he looked real good. Everybody was talking about Decker\Manning including myself because of all the reports of chemistry but looking like Peyton likes throwing to Thomas so I can see him having a pretty big year.

I bet he has a better year ... just my opinion.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #48
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You shouldn't be.

Dez is also a baby and a constant problem. You can't tell me you guarantee Dez is on an upward slope. He's as likely as to be gone from the Cowboys as become a top line player.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #49
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

That's why I said probably.

There's always a chance Dez gets himself into trouble.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #50
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'll echo what Primetime has said.

Who rates his highly?

I've only heard people say he's a great talent but an underachiever thus far because he doesn't have his head on straight. I've not heard one non-homer Cowboys fan say he was a top 10 wideout.

You have to be rated higher than what you actual are to be overrated. He's what he is at this point, a great talent...a borderline top 5 talent in the NFL at WR who still has a lot of fine tuning to do. He's still 23 years old.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if in two-three years he's firmly inside the top 10 for WR's. I actually expect that.
exactly, no one is rating Dez as one of the super elite WRs...people have been rating him right where he is or perhaps even underrating him if anything...

He is an awesome #2 who will likely stay a #2 on Dallas as long as Miles Austin is playing here.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #51
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
That's why I said probably.

There's always a chance Dez gets himself into trouble.
I don't think it's probably. I think it's maybe, MAYBE he becomes great, MAYBE he is a constant headache. Probably he's somewhere in between.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #52
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Dez is also a baby and a constant problem. You can't tell me you guarantee Dez is on an upward slope. He's as likely as to be gone from the Cowboys as become a top line player.

dude he isn't a criminal like Brandon Marshall, and he never will be...he is just dumb

I honestly don't think he will get kicked off the team ever...but he will go broke soon
Old 09-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #53
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
dude he isn't a criminal like Brandon Marshall, and he never will be...he is just dumb

I honestly don't think he will get kicked off the team ever...but he will go broke soon
He manages to always have something stupid occur. I don't think he's going to jail, but he creates distractions for himself. It's pretty consistent. Better talents than him have wound up scapegoats and shipped out for being dumb.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #54
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Like who?
Old 09-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #55
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He manages to always have something stupid occur. I don't think he's going to jail, but he creates distractions for himself. It's pretty consistent. Better talents than him have wound up scapegoats and shipped out for being dumb.
for being attention whores like Owens...but Dez isn't an attention whore like Owens and Ocho

all that off the field stuff is overblown media crap with Dez...all that matters is his play on the field until he actually does get thrown in jail for something, and that isn't happening
Old 09-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #56
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Desean Jackson is the most overrated "star" receiver. Dude is a frail midget who's scared of contact, only knows one route (go-route, streaks), no vert, and has decent hands at best. W/o his speed he's nothing.

Dez is overrated as well but only because we're supposed to be convinced that he's a borderline top 5 wideout when his production has been nowhere near that. Doesnt help that he's a headcase and as dumb as a box of rocks. Athletically though he is supremely talented.

IMO Nicks is the best NFCE receiver. Miles is good as well and Maclin is underrated.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #57
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Desean Jackson is the most overrated "star" receiver. Dude is a frail midget who's scared of contact, only knows one route (go-route, streaks), no vert, and has decent hands at best. W/o his speed he's nothing.

Dez is overrated as well but only because we're supposed to be convinced that he's a borderline top 5 wideout when his production has been nowhere near that. Doesnt help that he's a headcase and as dumb as a box of rocks. Athletically though he is supremely talented.

IMO Nicks is the best NFCE receiver. Miles is good as well and Maclin is underrated.

Who is saying that?
Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #58
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Dez has had one 100 yard receiving game since he's been in the league.

And major at Dez being better then Demaryius Thomas. Based on what exactly? His per game production isn't as good as Demaryius and he's had far more consistent QB play.

Demaryius has more 200 yard games then Dez has 100 yard games.

Last edited by Playmakers Dad : 09-24-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #59
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Who is saying that?

Alot of Dallas fans who I talk to.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #60
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'll echo what Primetime has said.

Who rates his highly?

I've only heard people say he's a great talent but an underachiever thus far because he doesn't have his head on straight. I've not heard one non-homer Cowboys fan say he was a top 10 wideout.

You have to be rated higher than what you actual are to be overrated. He's what he is at this point, a great talent...a borderline top 5 talent in the NFL at WR who still has a lot of fine tuning to do. He's still 23 years old.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if in two-three years he's firmly inside the top 10 for WR's. I actually expect that.

Why dont you read the thread before replying?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: