Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #91
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
dez has come alive, good thing I didn't post my thoughts in this thread lol

But you wouldn't have been wrong to say what you wanted. Dez hands have been suspect, he runs sloppy routes. For the hype about his talent he didnt live up to it. These string of games he is doing what people expected when he got drafted. Props for that plus his messed up finger.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #92
Nanners
Good college starter
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 3,245
Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
cant believe i drafted this dumbass in fantasy over percy harvin and jordy nelson.

cant believe i made this comment a few months ago

dez goes on to carry my team to championship glory while percy and jordy end the season with injuries

Last edited by Nanners : 12-24-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #93
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac
 
HardwoodLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Rec Center
Posts: 3,686
HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
alright...all of you will see





I'll bump end of year

The most amazing football play I've ever seen.

He was out-of-bounds, right?

I don't even give a damn. Never seen anything like that before.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #94
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox
 
ballinhun8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ehhhh, BANDWAGON BOSTON
Posts: 3,889
ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

To my defense he was an average WR with all the physical talent in the world his first two and a half years. He is finally living up to his potential these last 8 or so games.


But I think we need to see it for an entire season to consider him one of the elite guys. There have been plenty or WRs who have had crazy 7,8,9 game runs.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #95
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr
 
Dasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,035
Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Dez's monster performance yesterday kept me in the running for my league championship. I was down 25 points entering the Sunday night game and had Marshawn Lynch and The Seattle Defense. Dash is now a champion.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #96
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
To my defense he was an average WR with all the physical talent in the world his first two and a half years. He is finally living up to his potential these last 8 or so games.


But I think we need to see it for an entire season to consider him one of the elite guys. There have been plenty or WRs who have had crazy 7,8,9 game runs.
You do realize that almost all WRs are what you think is "average" their first couple years? With the exception of Randy Moss and maybe a couple others, no WRs are beasts as rookies.

The only ones that can even be compared to Dez that have been drafted the same year as him or earlier are Thomas and AJ, and that is it.

Also Dez has never been the number one in Dallas until Miles was injured, his rookie year he was the number 3, behind Miles and Roy Williams.




To be honest, anyone who actually watched Dez play his first couple years shouldn't be the slightest bit surprised by what he is doing now, THIS WAS OBVIOUS. Only an idiot could have watched him play and then come to the conclusion " he isn't even good, just average"
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:51 AM   #97
Nanners
Good college starter
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 3,245
Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
To be honest, anyone who actually watched Dez play his first couple years shouldn't be the slightest bit surprised by what he is doing now, THIS WAS OBVIOUS. Only an idiot could have watched him play and then come to the conclusion " he isn't even good, just average"

This is 100% true

No question that Dez had some growing up to do, doing stupid stupid shit like getting arrested at the mall or forgetting what route he is supposed to be running, but in terms of athleticism it has always been obvious that theres only a small handful of guys on his level.

After watching the past few months, I find myself thinking that when Dez is actually paying attention to football, he is hands down a top 5 WR in the NFL. Size, speed, strength.... aside from the brains Dez is the complete package. Routes can be learned, discipline can be improved with time, you cant teach the physical gifts that Dez possesses.

It is tragic seeing a guy with all the talent in the world let it all go to waste. I was beginning to think that this would be the fate of Dez Bryant, but over the course of this season he has begun to change my mind.

Last edited by Nanners : 12-25-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #98
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Top 5 WR in the NFL? Megatron Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, D.Thomas, AJ Green, Larry Fitz (unless u are saying top 5 performing WR this yr) otherwise Fitz will always be a top 5 WR. Brandon Marshall.

I'm not saying Dez isn't good. I just think you can't automatically thrust him too 5 with ease just because he helped your FF team as we as mine (74pts). Think of it this way not too long ago you were sour on the guy. Yet most of the names I listed you weren't. They stole remained among the top WRs in the game. So now you are going as far as to say Dez Is too 5? Eh

He has broken out finally and hopefully he keeps it up. Romo will continue to air it out and if Dez works on his game forcing Romo to throw his way even more? He will be a lock top 5 guy.

Hakeem Nicks had a down year but these two should battle for best NFC East WR. Victor Cruz is good but is take Dez over him no hesitation.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #99
Nanners
Good college starter
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 3,245
Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Top 5 WR in the NFL? Megatron Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, D.Thomas, AJ Green, Larry Fitz (unless u are saying top 5 performing WR this yr) otherwise Fitz will always be a top 5 WR. Brandon Marshall.

I'm not saying Dez isn't good. I just think you can't automatically thrust him too 5 with ease just because he helped your FF team as we as mine (74pts). Think of it this way not too long ago you were sour on the guy. Yet most of the names I listed you weren't. They stole remained among the top WRs in the game. So now you are going as far as to say Dez Is too 5? Eh

He has broken out finally and hopefully he keeps it up. Romo will continue to air it out and if Dez works on his game forcing Romo to throw his way even more? He will be a lock top 5 guy.

Hakeem Nicks had a down year but these two should battle for best NFC East WR. Victor Cruz is good but is take Dez over him no hesitation.

I dont really follow your arguments, seems a bit like you are arguing a strawman. You explicitly say that if Dez can keep it up he will be a lock top 5 guy? Dont really see how we disagree then.

I didnt automatically thrust Dez into top 5 because he helped me win fantasy, I thrust him into top 5 because he is a top 5 talent in terms of physical gifts who has only been held back by dumbassery. The only reason I was sour on the guy in the first place was because of his maturity level, and this year he has made giant improvements in that regard. I havent seen him doing his usual pouting on the sidelines or arguing with the WR coaches after doing something bone-headed since the very start of the season.

Obviously WR rankings are subjective and people rank with different criteria (are we talking lifetime achievement or just how good they are this year? how much do we weight quarterback play in WR rankings... things like that). If I was ranking the top 5 WRs based on how good I think they are right now: after Calvin, Green and Julio there is basically a 3-way tie between Dez, Fitz and Marshall.

Last edited by Nanners : 12-25-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #100
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

My argument is simple he is not hands down a top 5 WR like you so claimed. Not sure what was difficult following that. Also saying he could become a LOCK for top 5 doesn't agree with what you said. It's saying he has the potential to be a guy you automatically list top 5 like you do CJ, AJ, A.Green, Julio Jones, Larry Fitz.

How do you know he isn't immature still? Assumption? Maybe Tony Romo is trusting him more when throwing the ball. Maybe he is catching passes and getting open? He could still be an immature player and ball. See Randy Moss.

All I did was disagree with your initial claim because its a bit premature. No need to get defensive.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #101
Nanners
Good college starter
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 3,245
Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
My argument is simple he is not hands down a top 5 WR like you so claimed. Not sure what was difficult following that. Also saying he could become a LOCK for top 5 doesn't agree with what you said. It's saying he has the potential to be a guy you automatically list top 5 like you do CJ, AJ, A.Green, Julio Jones, Larry Fitz.

How do you know he isn't immature still? Assumption? Maybe Tony Romo is trusting him more when throwing the ball. Maybe he is catching passes and getting open? He could still be an immature player and ball. See Randy Moss.

All I did was disagree with your initial claim because its a bit premature. No need to get defensive.

I didnt say that Dez is not an immature player anymore, I said he has not looked immature for the past few months.

I also said he is hands down top 5 when he is paying attention to football. Physically, Dez is a top 5 athlete.

the only reason I am "getting defensive" is because I you keep twisting my words to fit your straw man counter argument.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #102
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
I didnt say that Dez is not an immature player anymore, I said he has not looked immature for the past few months.

I also said he is hands down top 5 when he is paying attention to football. Physically, Dez is a top 5 athlete.

the only reason I am "getting defensive" is because I you keep twisting my words to fit your straw man counter argument.

Paying attention? What does that even mean?

Must've got a load of coal in your stocking lighten up kid.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #103
Nanners
Good college starter
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 3,245
Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Paying attention? What does that even mean?

Must've got a load of coal in your stocking lighten up kid.

Are you trolling me? Did you read a single word I have written in this thread? Whats your deal?

"Paying attention" to football means doing things like practicing hard and learning his routes instead of doing dumb shit like arguing with coaches on the sideline or getting arrested at the mall.

Last edited by Nanners : 12-25-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #104
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Players arguing with coaches on the sideline happens. It's only a big deal if you're losing and/or not playing up to your abilities. I doubt Dez is practicing any harder in practice now than he was then. You're blowing silly stuff up. And why ask me what's your deal when I disagreed with Dez being a top 5 WR right now? You went into this defensive mode thing your entire post. Wasn't really needed. What's up your ass? I wasn't even coming at your trying to insult, show you up, embarrass you. Just don't think with his recent performance he should be given the typical knee jerk reactions. All you had to do was say your post meant x t and z. Them this back and forth doesn't happen. You kids need to stop being all jumpy like a frog when someone responds to you. Merry Xmas.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #105
Nanners
Good college starter
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 3,245
Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

On second reading, I have no idea why I am arguing about inconsequential shit. I guess I was initially bothered by some combination of your insinuation that I only think Dez is good because of fantasy football, or the fact that you appeared to be arguing with me over something we dont actually disagree on. No doubt holidays have had me stressed all day, ****in family members yelling at eachother or me all day long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobb
He has broken out finally and hopefully he keeps it up. Romo will continue to air it out and if Dez works on his game forcing Romo to throw his way even more? He will be a lock top 5 guy.

I agree 100% with your statement right here. This is what I was trying to say when I said Dez is "top 5 hands down when he is paying attention to football"

I suppose I should have been more careful with my wording. All I am saying: As of today, Dez Bryant is a top 5 WR in the league in terms of his physical gifts, in the future he could be an overall top 5 WR in the league if he continues to do the right things.

I think there are very strong arguments that guys like AJ and Wayne could be ranked higher than Dez in overall WR rankings for this season. AJ and Wayne are consummate professionals, and are probably more beneficial to an NFL team focused on winning right now than some self centered kid like Dez. That said, AJ and Wayne are both on the wrong side of 30, and in terms of pure athleticism neither are remotely close to Dez anymore.

Anyway, glad to clear up that nonsense. Gappy holidays gobb.

Last edited by Nanners : 12-25-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy