Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-24-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
joe
College superstar

joe is a pretty well-respected posterjoe is a pretty well-respected posterjoe is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Question- What are the 3 most important issues for Democrats?

If you consider yourself a Democrat/leftist etc, what are the 3 most important issues for you? And what policies do you support in pursuance of those issues?
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Question- What are the 3 most important issues for Democrats?

They apparently love paying taxes to the government, that was what the whole Occupy movement seemed to be about and people were quitting their jobs and sleeping in tents and shitting on the street they were so passionate about the cause.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #3
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would say more money in my pockets because I am broke, more.environmental laws cause im a hippie and less taxes for all. I don't care which policy, I follow any policy that makes me have more.money in my.pocket lol
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

I am a registered dem. The things i care about is education, reformart military spending and presence and going to fukking outer space cuz.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #5
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
I am a registered dem. The things i care about is education, reformart military spending and presence and going to fukking outer space cuz.

Dont be sayin cuz on ish when you aint about that life cuz! You feel me cuz! Im a real gangbangin ***** cuz you couldnt come see me on my block cuz cause youd get robbed and stabbed to death on the way cuz. Real talk cuz. I will fuc.k your face cuz. Dead up. If we was in jail cuz, and you were in my unit, id rape you till you called me daddy and then turn you out and make you fu ck the whole squad for 2 honey buns cuz. So next time think about ur life before you go around sayin cuz, cuz
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rid the world of rich people unless they're like Steve Jobs. It's okay he got rich. But all the other rich people have to go. Except Obama. And Clinton. They can keep their money but really, every other rich person has to give it up because they are the embodiment of evil.

Except the Kennedys. And maybe Brad Pitt.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Science, Education, Healthcare
embersyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

1. Balance the budget.
2. Increase regulation of the financial industry.
3. Healthcare and other basic social issues.

Those are this democrat's most important issues.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Making sure crack whores get their fix
2. Making sure illegal Mexicans get free health care
3. Paying people to dig huge ditches, then paying them to fill them back up
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
If you consider yourself a Democrat/leftist etc, what are the 3 most important issues for you? And what policies do you support in pursuance of those issues?

Question for you. What do you mean by leftist and how much overlap between leftists and Democrats do you see in the US?
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc

Pretty much. I might exchange one or the other for wealth redistribution, abortion-gay rights-etc, or reduced military spending.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
Dont be sayin cuz on ish when you aint about that life cuz! You feel me cuz! Im a real gangbangin ***** cuz you couldnt come see me on my block cuz cause youd get robbed and stabbed to death on the way cuz. Real talk cuz. I will fuc.k your face cuz. Dead up. If we was in jail cuz, and you were in my unit, id rape you till you called me daddy and then turn you out and make you fu ck the whole squad for 2 honey buns cuz. So next time think about ur life before you go around sayin cuz, cuz
Shut yo white azz up, cuh
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #13
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

JaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc

Can you followup for me, mate?

What is your concern about those issues? Presumbly you simply just want more money spent on them. Who's money? Not yours. Someone who has a lot.

What if politicians decide that you have to send a significant sum of your income to Africa because comparatively, you are part of the global "1%" by virtue of simply livin in America?

How much of your money are YOU willin to have wrenched from your pocket involuntarily to support things you dont have a say in?

Im just curious what your principle is on this. Do you think its fair to treat other people and their money differently than youd expect for yourself, just because they make more? What about all the people you make more than? Do they deserve your money?

What is your specific principle here, mate? Do you have an actual philosophy or is it more sort of an amorphic, capricious, arbitrary idea that "whoever i subjectivey decide is rich has different rights and responsibilites than everyone else?

Also do you think simply giving money away encourages hard work and good habits? Do you think Eddy Curry worked his tail off after he got a gauranteed 50 million dollar deal? Theres a lotta eddy currys out there, mate.

But anyhow mate if you could just sort of expand on your general economc principle/theory Id indeed appreciate it.

Cheers
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #14
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thanks to the humorless ball sack who negged me. Didn't take any points off though.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #15
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: