Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-13-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation
Default How do i develop a killer, destroy anyone attitude to succeed? I want to be driven!

Is it possible to develop a personality and work ethic like arnold, kobe, steve jobs....become a bad ass and do anything to succeed?

Destroy anyone who gets in your way....
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #2
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: How do i develop a killer, destroy anyone attitude to succeed? I want to be driven!

Yes, but it will take awhile.

You either got it or you don't. It's very hard to have these traits because you have to be somewhat of a psychopath. These traits can be attained but expect your entire personality to change. To be like those you mentioned, you will have to step on a lot of toes and necks.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:24 AM   #3
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation
Default Re: How do i develop a killer, destroy anyone attitude to succeed? I want to be driven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Yes, but it will take awhile.

You either got it or you don't. It's very hard to have these traits because you have to be somewhat of a psychopath. These traits can be attained but expect your entire personality to change. To be like those you mentioned, you will have to step on a lot of toes and necks.

I think it would be fulfilling.....do you really think the stuff about being psycopath-like is accurate?
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:29 AM   #4
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
Is it possible to develop a personality and work ethic like arnold, kobe, steve jobs....become a bad ass and do anything to succeed?

Why not try succeeding without being an asshole?
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #5
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Either you're born with it, or you're not.

Unless something happens to you and turns on the switch.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #6
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
I think it would be fulfilling.....do you really think the stuff about being psycopath-like is accurate?

Yes, you have to be crazy obsessed with whatever you are trying to achieve.

A couple of summers ago, I was training at the gym on a daily basis, as I saw my body changing, I became obsessed with training. Waking up early, strict diet and all that crap that came with it. This was just training too.

I can only imagine those people you mentioned, they are the best at what they do and get paid to do it. I think they are little crazy to have that drive. Families, friends and co-workers would be affected. Whether that's moving up on the corporate ladder or to friendly competition, it brings out the bad in us.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #7
falc39
Good High School Starter

falc39 has decent reputation

Quote:

You have the wrong mindset... I'm not gonna say that no one will be in your way, but the person most in your way is usually yourself.

Also, the hyper-drive to success comes with a price..... a lot of these people are so obsessed that they can't really have a normal life. Are you ready to make those type of sacrifices? Even at the risk of maybe not achieving that success when it is all said and done?
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:20 AM   #8
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation here

You have to be born with this attitude. You can't teach killer instinct.

Some guys are people pleaser soft Lebrons, others are clutch and driven Kobes. There are some midrange Carmelo Anthony types in between.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #9
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

No. In real life your co workers would Knock you Out.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #10
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

how bad do you want it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #11
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

im only 20, so i cant really say from experience, but id imagine, having that psychotic drive of a jobs, or jordan, works well if you are gifted enough to be at the top, but if you arent, and you have to work beneath people, it will probably hurt you.

you need to be able to get along with people.

anyway, i doubt being a super successfull asshole is worth it. would you really be happy with all that stress in your life?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #12
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL

Not a very good video.

Here's what I use for motivation whether it's training or just anything.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZPrl...Z01wKPldglmrLg
Old 09-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #13
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Be careful.

There's a reason why humility and kindness are virtues.

Because they help you survive.

A young hungry little guppie trying to be a piranha like myself will chomp up and send you right back into a spiral of depression if he meets your ilk.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #14
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:

2 points, one being a "killer" who is perceived as an asshole is unlikely to help you.

1. The people with this type of personality who are extremely successful, overall succeed in spite of their douchebaggery. they are extremely talented and others are forced to put up with them.

2. A lot of success is about ingratiating yourself to other people. Eg. Clients, co-workers, and bosses. Being personable and nice is not a disadvantage in the workplace.

being a self-centred asshole doesn't equal being a hard worker. You can be nice and a hard worker, and an asshole and lazy.

Also hard work is overrated.
MavsSuperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #15
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess you'll have to be extra motivated.

Probably need to develop some skills that will make you stand out. Skills like being able to manipulate others, excellent communication, leadership skills, etc. Although I may be wrong about it but the person with the superior communication and manipulation skills will be more successful than a person who is a 2-3x more smarter than him but doesn't have those communication skills. Nothing better than that person with the orator skills that can have an entire room of people with their jaws dropped. Pretty much can do anything with it.

Probably need to stop being self-conscious about yourself and being more confident in yourself. I'd probably suggest getting out of your comfort zone to develop a don't break mentality? Like eating disgusting foods, living in a harsh conditions, taking cold showers in dead winter, etc..

But yeah I think if you develop the communication/manipulation skills you can achieve w/e goals you have.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: