Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #76
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Eli manning is the best QB in football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
The response to throwing the interception is as important if not more important than throwing the interception itself.

You can throw an interception or even 3, but that doesn't have to determine the result of the game. If you respond the way Eli did in that game or hell even the way Romo responded in the first game against the Giants then throwing the interception isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

Throwing an interception and not being able to come back from it is terrible. That's something young and immature QB's struggle with. Eli and Romo are not young or immature at this point and shouldn't let picks bring their play down.

And I mean you know you didn't think Alex Smith was a better QB then Eli Manning last season so stop trying to front with interceptions.
Alex Smith had a lot less attempts than Eli and the attempts he did have were safe short throws...

Smith might have been a little better than we all thought last year though...he looks great right now
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #77
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
meant Ross

Phillips and Rolle were great as well

that whole D was good...not just the line

and obviously I watched just check the game threads in here if you want...

Look at what NO. GB, Dallas, washington etc all did to our secondary last season lol you know nothing.
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #78
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
Look at what NO. GB, Dallas, washington etc all did to our secondary last season lol you know nothing.
I'm talking about when the D came together at the end for the playoffs

NY wasn't that good at all during the regular season and barely snuck in the playoffs...
Old 09-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #79
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

NY wasn't that good at all during the regular season and barely snuck in the playoffs...
Eli played very well all season long to counteract the shitty defense. He did the same against Tampa when our D was treating their crappy QB like he was Joe Montana reborn. He then against better teams in the playoffs played even better, and drove the Giants down the field to win the superbowl, and the week prior took a terrible beating from SF without making the big mistake. (He got killed, a lot of QB's in this league would either be hurt or not hold onto the ball.)

What about last season casts Eli unfavorably?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #80
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

Quote:

Exactly, and Eli had to carry the team the rest of the season.

I know the giants had a good team but at the end of the day winning games mostly comes down to QB play. And in a big game I'd rather have Eli than anyone else. To me that makes him the best QB. I BEEEELIEVEEE IN ELI!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #81
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I don't care how many tipped passes you had. If you had poor mechanics on the throw or put the ball in the wrong spot (accuracy or read wise) then the QB is at fault.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #82
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Eli played very well all season long to counteract the shitty defense. He did the same against Tampa when our D was treating their crappy QB like he was Joe Montana reborn. He then against better teams in the playoffs played even better, and drove the Giants down the field to win the superbowl, and the week prior took a terrible beating from SF without making the big mistake. (He got killed, a lot of QB's in this league would either be hurt or not hold onto the ball.)

What about last season casts Eli unfavorably?
many games last year that the Giants lost in the regular season ended on an Eli INT...
Old 09-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #83
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

Quote:
many games last year that the Giants lost in the regular season ended on an Eli INT...
Lol name 2
Old 09-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #84
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

WE WON THE SUPERBOWL BECAUSE ELI LEAD US TO THE SUPERBOWL. WE BEAT YOUR TEAM TO WIN OUR DIVISION. ELI PLAYED GREAT.

You want to pick at the mistakes and use those to measure Eli? Really? What are we fantasy football nerds?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #85
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
meant Ross

Phillips and Rolle were great as well

that whole D was good...not just the line

and obviously I watched just check the game threads in here if you want...

I don't think Eli is the best QB in the league but as of RIGHT NOW, I don't think anyone can deny that he is top 5 (which I think you think anyways), and perhaps even top 3.

As for the Giants secondary, they really weren't that great, it was much more of the fact that the Giant's D-Line played so amazing and got constant pressure in, making the secondary's life A LOT easier.

Ross SUCKED SO BAD during the regular season and even during the post season, wasn't anything special. Rolle's a good player when used right. However, he was used so frequently incorrectly by the Giants as things like nickel corner that he was torched all the time.

Obviously, a ton of credit goes to the Giant defense but don't give their secondary dues where they don't belong.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #86
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL BECAUSE ELI LEAD US TO THE SUPERBOWL. WE BEAT YOUR TEAM TO WIN OUR DIVISION. ELI PLAYED GREAT.

You want to pick at the mistakes and use those to measure Eli? Really? What are we fantasy football nerds?
wrong

WE WON THE SUPERBOWL BECAUSE THE GIANTS LEAD US TO THE SUPERBOWL. THE GIANTS BEAT YOUR TEAM TO WIN OUR DIVISION. THE GIANTS PLAYED GREAT.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #87
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
I don't think Eli is the best QB in the league but as of RIGHT NOW, I don't think anyone can deny that he is top 5 (which I think you think anyways), and perhaps even top 3.

As for the Giants secondary, they really weren't that great, it was much more of the fact that the Giant's D-Line played so amazing and got constant pressure in, making the secondary's life A LOT easier.

Ross SUCKED SO BAD during the regular season and even during the post season, wasn't anything special. Rolle's a good player when used right. However, he was used so frequently incorrectly by the Giants as things like nickel corner that he was torched all the time.

Obviously, a ton of credit goes to the Giant defense but don't give their secondary dues where they don't belong.
fair enough...I do know that Webster had a huge bounce back year and played fantastic from a down year before though...

I don't think the Giants secondary "sucked" but perhaps they weren't elite either...
Old 09-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #88
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
Lol name 2
Not that it has never happened (oh it has happened) but i'm relatively sure it didn't last year more than once if that, and not in situations we were in teh game. Like the 1st game we sucked, maybe he threw a int at the end but we were down multiple scores.

I can however remember
1) Romo throwing to Revis - HERE JETS WIN THE GAME!
2) Romo overthrowing Miles Austin and PTiddy acting like the almost proved how great he was.

IF we are going to overreact on individual plays...
Old 09-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #89
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
wrong

WE WON THE SUPERBOWL BECAUSE THE GIANTS LEAD US TO THE SUPERBOWL. THE GIANTS BEAT YOUR TEAM TO WIN OUR DIVISION. THE GIANTS PLAYED GREAT.

Eli had great stats, made almost every play that needed to be played, including again not turning the ball over when SF was pummeling him (which would have killed Romo literally) and drove the Giants down the field to win the superbowl, including making the most amazing throw ever.

You can't discredit Super Bowls in which the QB is the MVP of the game.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #90
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
fair enough...I do know that Webster had a huge bounce back year and played fantastic from a down year before though...

I don't think the Giants secondary "sucked" but perhaps they weren't elite either...

They don't suck, it's just that it's different every week. The difference between the Giants D at the end of the season and the beginning is the fact guys were playing in their positions for several weeks in a row, and just playing several weeks in a row, instead of moving week to week. Freaking Rolle played corner at times, and he sucks at corner to a degree that makes me cry.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: