Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default The winner of the Melo sweepstake is the team that does NOT get him

I'm sorry, I think he's too one dimensional to be a franchise player. ISO ball can only get you so far until the other team realizes all they have to do is put their player on you, throw the double team, and egg you into a 3 point shooting contest. If Melo is so damn good, then explain to me why the knicks still suck a*s? Sure he's had some success in Denver, but that prob has more to do with George Karl than him. Of course, this is all subjective, so fire away.

With that said, look at the list of FA in 2015-2017:

KD
Anthony Davis
Damian Lilliard
Kevin Love
Kawhi Leonard
Lamarcus Aldridge
Marc Gasol

And many more ..

I'm not saying all of those guys are better than Melo. Each player is better suited for a particular team, for example, if I were the bulls, I would rather wait for Anthony Davis because I think he is a better fit with Thibs and his defense mantra. Davis and Noah protecting the rim = the spurs twin towers of Duncan and Robinson = a championship.

Just my opinion. I have absolutely no faith in Melo; I think teams should wait it out for players better suited for their team. If I were the Lakers, I would be aiming for KD and Anthony Davis, not Melo. If I were the Heat, I would try to clear cap space to get Marc Gasol, and if I were the rockets, I would try and get Damian Lilliard. All of them are better fits for their respective teams imo.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
aboss4real24
The Nets R Awful

aboss4real24 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsaboss4real24 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsaboss4real24 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsaboss4real24 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsaboss4real24 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: The winner of the Melo sweepstake is the team that does NOT get him

How do the knicks suck a s s wen they made it the 2nd round back wen they were actually healthy?
aboss4real24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

highly accurate. melo is not a max player on a title team
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #4
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboss4real24
How do the knicks suck a s s wen they made it the 2nd round back wen they were actually healthy?

Jeremy Lin.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

With the way people talk about Melo you'd think the guy should be in the D-league
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #6
aboss4real24
The Nets R Awful

aboss4real24 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsaboss4real24 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsaboss4real24 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsaboss4real24 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsaboss4real24 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Jeremy Lin.

Lin wasnt on the knicks last year ......

and they lost in the 1st round wen they had lin

Just proves u a dum as z
Ngga

Last edited by aboss4real24 : 07-05-2014 at 07:14 PM.
aboss4real24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he makes the bulls a legitimate contender

every other team would be wasting their money. especially the lakers and the rockets.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #8
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Lin wasnt on the knicks last year ......

and they lost in the 1st round wen they had lin

Just proves u a dum as z
Ngga

Fair enough, I don't follow sh*tty teams, especially in a sh*t conference: the east.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #9
raprap
Local High School Star

raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
2nd round
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #10
CHi1PriDe
Local High School Star

CHi1PriDe has decent reputationCHi1PriDe has decent reputation

Quote:
Fair enough, I don't follow sh*tty teams, especially in a sh*t conference: the east.

Damn you straight up ethered him, why u wanna go and do that son
CHi1PriDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #11
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
he makes the bulls a legitimate contender

every other team would be wasting their money. especially the lakers and the rockets.

I beg to differ. Thibs is all about defense and that is the success formula the bulls have. With Melo, that formula will deteriorate. What looks good on paper won't translate to real world success. The best fit would be Anthony Davis. I doubt he'll stay a Pelican. Dude's itching for the big market; with him protecting the rim next to Noah it'll fit right in Thibs game plan. A guy like Davis might not put up 30 like Melo, but it'll make the team more well rounded and the interior defense the best since Prime Duncan and Robinson.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #12
IncarceratedBob
just a flesh wound

IncarceratedBob is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIncarceratedBob is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Lamarcus Aldridge sucks
IncarceratedBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #13
MellowYellow
Good High School Starter

MellowYellow has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Then you shouldn't be talkin trash about a player you dont even watch. You are just regurgitating outdated and wrong info about Melo and you dont even watch him How tf would you know if he is good or not.
MellowYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #14
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowYellow
Then you shouldn't be talkin trash about a player you dont even watch. You are just regurgitating outdated and wrong info about Melo and you dont even watch him How tf would you know if he is good or not.

Melo type players are the easiest to shut down according to any good coach. He is too one dimensional and chucks his way out of a bad shooting slump. Definitely not franchise worthy material. He's just a taller James Harden.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #15
smoovegittar
Get over yourself

smoovegittar has not been impressing people

Quote:
Melo type players are the easiest to shut down according to any good coach. He is too one dimensional and chucks his way out of a bad shooting slump. Definitely not franchise worthy material. He's just a taller James Harden.
You should stop replying, watch more hoop and learn something. Melo is top 5 in the game... forget what you read here.
smoovegittar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: