Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here
Default Romney Says That Freeloading In The ER Is Now All Good

Quote:
"When asked whether the nation has a responsibility to provide health care to the 50 million Americans who do not currently have coverage, the Governor responded;

“Well, we do provide care for people who don’t have insurance. If someone has a heart attack, they don’t sit in their apartment and die. We pick them up in an ambulance, and take them to the hospital, and give them care. And different states have different ways of providing for that care.”

Never mind that ‘60 Minutes’ interviewer Scott Pelly was quick to accurately point out that ER care is the most expensive form of treatment that one can access. What is far more interesting is that the remark so clearly puts Governor Romney at odds with the other candidate seeking the presidency—and I don’t mean Barack Obama.

I refer, of course, to the ‘other’ Mitt who seems to come and go at various moments in the campaign, offering up direct contradictions to the positions of the Mitt Romney we watched last night on the CBS news show.

You see, it was the ‘other’ Mitt who said during a 2010 interview over at MSNBC—

“It doesn’t make a lot of sense for us to have millions and millions of people who have no health insurance and yet who can go to the emergency room and get entirely free care for which they have no responsibility.”"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-now-all-good/
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Romney Says That Freeloading In The ER Is Now All Good

I'm sure his real solution would be for people who can't afford health care to just die. After all, if they can't afford health care, they must be lazy free-loaders, right?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I'm sure his real solution would be for people who can't afford health care to just die. After all, if they can't afford health care, they must be lazy free-loaders, right?

Posts you have made in this thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=144829

Quote:
It's almost like Americans pride themselves on being big and dumb.

The only thing that seperates the big and dumb, from the smart and talented in America is the idea of capitalism, and competition.

Now that the government is trying to socialize everything, Americans will only get more lazy and dumb.

Why work to get better when the government will just pay your way?

Quote:
You assume everyone should have healthcare... like it's an inherent right for ALL humans to live and prosper.

Why should the government pay for Welfare (free Children), free Education, free Healthcare, etc.???

What ever happened to, "survival of the fit, only the strong survive" ???

Nowadays, it's "survival of the fit... and everyone survives because the fit pays for the weak to live".

I know my opinions aren't popular, trust me, I've had arguments with many of my good friends about it. For example, if a poor person gets a terminal illness like Cancer, and can't afford to pay for the medical bills, then that person should just die.

Why should someone else pay (through government taxes) hundreds of thousands of their own hard earned money to pay for someone else to survive, who will most likely never contribute to society, and will almost certainly cost more than they will ever produce?

I realize it's somewhat of a disgusting stance on the situation, but it's also the way that the world has worked before humans started changing the rules; the weak and sick die, the strong and healthy live. This is the reality of life on the planet, except for with humans.

This is the reason so many dumb and fat people thrive in America. Want to have some kids? No problem, government will pay for it. Can't afford education? (or aren't even from this Country).. no worries, Government will pay for it. Can't afford to keep yourself healthy (even though you eat Cheeseburgers everyday).. no problem, Government will pay for it.

I don't know about you, but I keep myself healthy. I pay my medical bills. I payed for my own education... and I haven't had any children (yet) because I understand the huge financial burden. It's called being responsible and self-reliant. I already pay half of my paycheck to taxes so other people can feed off government services... and it's bullshyt.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What's your point? Obama's health plan forces everyone to pay for health care. That doesn't go against any of my beliefs that everyone should pay for health care, not just have the government provide it.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The fundamental issue for me with out healthcare system is putting the lives of people in the hands of a business, whose main objective is and should be to make a profit. This is very dangerous, hence why I think government should play a role in advocating and regulating health care no matter what the right thinks.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
What's your point? Obama's health plan forces everyone to pay for health care. That doesn't go against any of my beliefs that everyone should pay for health care, not just have the government provide it.

YOU SAID:

Quote:
if a poor person gets a terminal illness like Cancer, and can't afford to pay for the medical bills, then that person should just die.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
YOU SAID:

And under Obama's plan, where everyone pays into the system, everyone would have health care. Under the current system, someone who refuses to pay for health care, should not be allowed to get free medical service; that system simply isn't sustainable.

And please, stop cherry picking single sentences from paragraphs in a discussion held under a completely different context 2 years ago. You only come off as a weird stalker. Actually, aren't you that weirdo who sends everyone PM's asking for personal help? Maybe I should post some of those twisted PM's you sent me years ago.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
AK47DR91

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
The fundamental issue for me with out healthcare system is putting the lives of people in the hands of a business, whose main objective is and should be to make a profit. This is very dangerous, hence why I think government should play a role in advocating and regulating health care no matter what the right thinks.
I share the exact sentiment. Word for word.

There are certain areas where our government should be heavily involved and healthcare is definitely one of them.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #9
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can't you just make one thread for all your inane romney posts.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #10
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
And under Obama's plan, where everyone pays into the system, everyone would have health care. Under the current system, someone who refuses to pay for health care, should not be allowed to get free medical service; that system simply isn't sustainable.

And please, stop cherry picking single sentences from paragraphs in a discussion held under a completely different context 2 years ago. You only come off as a weird stalker. Actually, aren't you that weirdo who sends everyone PM's asking for personal help? Maybe I should post some of those twisted PM's you sent me years ago.

You still have PMs I sent you years ago? Who is the twisted weirdo now?

Way to go off topic.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There's a pretty large difference between a person having a heart attack and waiting in the "emergency" room (I use the quotes because anyone who has ever been to an ER know the percentage of people there who actually need emergency care).
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Problem is "everyone" doesn't pay in, only taxpayers. So yes, everyone gets aid, but only people who actually contribute to society pay for it. I live in Canada, I know how this works, and you might be shocked to know that in spite of it's obvious and incredibly frustrating drawbacks, I guess I'm pro-socially funded health care. But cut the bullshit - "everyone" wouldn't be paying into it in Obama's system. That's a blatant falsehood.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: