Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #61
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls
 
La Frescobaldi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,026
La Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

don't know about weight lifting records and so forth but i can say Wilt Chamberlain was strong all right.

Saw the guy pick up Bob Love one night. Just reached out and grabbed him by the arm and lifted him straight up like nothin. Other guys too. Jerry Sloan, #4 the Original Bull played with old Norm Van Lier and those Bulls were the original Bad Boys. Just played mean. They had Chet the Jet Walker and Cliff Ray who is i think coaching on the Celtics now. Well this was Wilt in LA and the Bulls were over at the Forum and it wasn't during the 33 in a row but it was around that time and the Bulls did what they always did. Starting a ruckus. Wilt Chamberlain just picked up Norm van Lier, grabbed him by both arms and picked him up like a leaf. That was the end of that fight right there.

I saw him do other similar things but this was after he had retired. He was out at Huntington Beach which is just outside LA and this girl was getting harassed by some big burly dude you know, bully at the beach. Chamberlain picked this guy up and he had to weigh a good 240 if not more and he just held this guy up to his own face, shook his head like, fatherly you know? and bodily threw him into the ocean like 15 or 20 feet in the air.

I believe Wilt Chamberlain was a giant. Not just big, like Darko Milicic or something. I mean a literal giant. He had incredible strength that I've only ever seen from those dudes like Olympics guys. Not saying Wilt could lift a thousand pounds over his head or whatever. I don't know the numbers of it, or care. But I will not say he couldn't do it because he was just unreal strong.

Jim Brown said Wilt beat him in a foot race, and they say he ran a 4.7 40 for the Chiefs in street shoes or whatever the story is. Well I don't know, but I can say this. Many a time in Philly Wilt got the rebound and threw outlet pass, and then proceeded to beat every man down the court for the layup. I saw him chase down Jerry West and catch him when Jerry was in a frenzy and that's all you need to say about that.

Well it's an evening for old tales I guess. But we all thought Artis Gilmore was going to be strong as Wilt, that was the question mark at that day and time. But in the All-Star games it was ABA vs. NBA back then and when they once lined up beside each other in the paint there wasn't any more question. The A-Train was a big ol bruiser but he could not move Chamberlain. Not at all.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #62
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star
 
CavaliersFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,454
CavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
don't know about weight lifting records and so forth but i can say Wilt Chamberlain was strong all right.

Saw the guy pick up Bob Love one night. Just reached out and grabbed him by the arm and lifted him straight up like nothin. Other guys too. Jerry Sloan, #4 the Original Bull played with old Norm Van Lier and those Bulls were the original Bad Boys. Just played mean. They had Chet the Jet Walker and Cliff Ray who is i think coaching on the Celtics now. Well this was Wilt in LA and the Bulls were over at the Forum and it wasn't during the 33 in a row but it was around that time and the Bulls did what they always did. Starting a ruckus. Wilt Chamberlain just picked up Norm van Lier, grabbed him by both arms and picked him up like a leaf. That was the end of that fight right there.

I saw him do other similar things but this was after he had retired. He was out at Huntington Beach which is just outside LA and this girl was getting harassed by some big burly dude you know, bully at the beach. Chamberlain picked this guy up and he had to weigh a good 240 if not more and he just held this guy up to his own face, shook his head like, fatherly you know? and bodily threw him into the ocean like 15 or 20 feet in the air.

I believe Wilt Chamberlain was a giant. Not just big, like Darko Milicic or something. I mean a literal giant. He had incredible strength that I've only ever seen from those dudes like Olympics guys. Not saying Wilt could lift a thousand pounds over his head or whatever. I don't know the numbers of it, or care. But I will not say he couldn't do it because he was just unreal strong.

Jim Brown said Wilt beat him in a foot race, and they say he ran a 4.7 40 for the Chiefs in street shoes or whatever the story is. Well I don't know, but I can say this. Many a time in Philly Wilt got the rebound and threw outlet pass, and then proceeded to beat every man down the court for the layup. I saw him chase down Jerry West and catch him when Jerry was in a frenzy and that's all you need to say about that.

Well it's an evening for old tales I guess. But we all thought Artis Gilmore was going to be strong as Wilt, that was the question mark at that day and time. But in the All-Star games it was ABA vs. NBA back then and when they once lined up beside each other in the paint there wasn't any more question. The A-Train was a big ol bruiser but he could not move Chamberlain. Not at all.
A 4.6 40 with dress slacks and no shoes at all:
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #63
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star
 
CavaliersFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,454
CavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Sofoklis Schortsanitis benches 450+ and they claim it is the official record for any basketball player in the world.

So this definitely disputes the Wilt tales.
Even Wilt's biggest proponents who claim Wilt could smash a mountain in two pieces give links and cite sources. Please do the same or better yet, go play in traffic

Last edited by CavaliersFTW : 12-10-2012 at 10:37 PM.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #64
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,898
ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi

I saw him do other similar things but this was after he had retired. He was out at Huntington Beach which is just outside LA and this girl was getting harassed by some big burly dude you know, bully at the beach. Chamberlain picked this guy up and he had to weigh a good 240 if not more and he just held this guy up to his own face, shook his head like, fatherly you know? and bodily threw him into the ocean like 15 or 20 feet in the air.


Your story was admirable until that point.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #65
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls
 
La Frescobaldi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,026
La Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
Your story was admirable until that point.

-Smak
Yeah that is written bad ain't it. I don't mean up, like over a basket in elevation!!

I mean he hurled that guy - like you would fling a bag of potatoes into a truck, or throw a child into a swimming pool
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #66
spacebump
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 195
spacebump has decent reputation
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Sofoklis Schortsanitis benches 450+ and they claim it is the official record for any basketball player in the world.

So this definitely disputes the Wilt tales.

Proof Euroleague is tainted by roids users.
spacebump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #67
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,092
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Even Wilt's biggest proponents who claim Wilt could smash a mountain in two pieces give links and cite sources. Please do the same or better yet, go play in traffic

**** off.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #68
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,092
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacebump
Proof Euroleague is tainted by roids users.

Funny, since you are one of the people that claims the Euroleague simply "copies the NBA"...........
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:15 AM   #69
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust
 
KOBE143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KB Center
Posts: 2,195
KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Who's stronger? Wilt or Mcgee?
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #70
Rysio
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,821
Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
That's not true at all. Body builders lift to get the maximum pump in the body part. In order to get the max pump you have to lift heavy weight, generally at least 80% (of max) for 5+ reps. 80% allows you full extension, and recruits all the muscle fibres to your muscle while you're lifting.

Doing 30 reps with twenty pounds isn't going to make your muscles grow as much as doing 8 reps with 40 pounds will.

It is true that body builders don't care about their max weights as much as power lifters do, but in order to efficiently build lean muscle you have to lift heavy weights. There's a reason you don't see the biggest guys in the gym lifting 10 pound dumb bells.

Edit: As a side note plowking you know anything about 5/3/1? I've been thinking about trying it out, but I don't know anyone that has done it, or knows anything about it.
says who? its more time consuming but doesnt mean you'll make less gains as long as you eat enough.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #71
Gory Lobotomist
I airball my layups
 
Gory Lobotomist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 51
Gory Lobotomist has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger praising Wilt's strength on bs report

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Arnold was a body builder, not a power lifter. He used 120lbs with maximum stretch and contraction at each phase of the lift to get maximum pump and muscle growth. Bodybuilders in general don't lift their heaviest on isolation exercises.
Wrong Era of bodybuilder... Arnold started with a power background and had supersetting ability that most elite lifters to this day can not follow. Arnold used to bench 405lbs for reps 3 times a week...
Gory Lobotomist is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy