Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 09-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #16
SourPatchKids
Banned

Default Re: Thoughts on the Barclay Center

nice vid jeff
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #17
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
Oh shit they made a separate train entrance/exit just for the arena? That is ****ing awesome I always hated crossing the street in that area.
i seem to recall an article from about a month ago stating that barclays has the best, most modern and efficient link between public transit and an NBA arena.

no idea how true that is, but that's what the article said IIRC.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #18
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Here is a video I made last week walking in from the street into the Barclays Center:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttQA7FKaQlU

Nice vid, I am digging Nets new stadium at this moment.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #19
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i seem to recall an article from about a month ago stating that barclays has the best, most modern and efficient link between public transit and an NBA arena.

They do. Atlantic Ave station runs almost every brooklyn bound trains. The new entrance wasn't really necessary because the terminal exit is literally right across the street, but I think it's cool nonetheless.

What I hate about this is since the public transportation is so accessible, they actually encourage people not to get there by car because the parking space is so limited. That's kinda inexcusable especially for people coming all the way from Jersey.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #20
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
They do. Atlantic Ave station runs almost every brooklyn bound trains. The new entrance wasn't really necessary because the terminal exit is literally right across the street, but I think it's cool nonetheless.

What I hate about this is since the public transportation is so accessible, they actually encourage people not to get there by car because the parking space is so limited. That's kinda inexcusable especially for people coming all the way from Jersey.
interesting.

well, maybe the limited space and heavy traffic of brooklyn played in to that. is it possible to park your car at a different stop and ride the train the rest of the way? either way, the nets should present from clear plan for such people, including using all or part of their parking stub as a voucher.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
interesting.

well, maybe the limited space and heavy traffic of brooklyn played in to that. is it possible to park your car at a different stop and ride the train the rest of the way? either way, the nets should present from clear plan for such people, including using all or part of their parking stub as a voucher.

Parking is pretty expensive in NYC now-a-days. It might even cost more then nose bleeds to game against a crappy team. How far do you guys live from New York? Where I'm from I think I'd just take the bus to NYC and take the train to Barclays. Leave a few hours early of course. But I'm about 40 minutes from New York so it wouldn't be to bad for me.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
How far do you guys live from New York?
about 500 miles, or a nine-hour drive if i still had a car.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #23
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
about 500 miles, or a nine-hour drive if i still had a car.
Oh yeah you moved to Cleveland right?
Damn. Philly would have been plausible at least.
ISH Nets fans should plan to go to the same game one day
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #24
Court Vision
#KnicksTape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
The interior is absolutely amazing, way better than Knicks stadium.

Keyword here is interior, because the exterior looks like a rusty piece of sh*t.
Court Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #25
Court Vision
#KnicksTape

Quote:

It does.

I'm pretty sure their are more train paths running through Barclay's than Penn Station.
Court Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #26
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Parking is pretty expensive in NYC now-a-days. It might even cost more then nose bleeds to game against a crappy team. How far do you guys live from New York? Where I'm from I think I'd just take the bus to NYC and take the train to Barclays. Leave a few hours early of course. But I'm about 40 minutes from New York so it wouldn't be to bad for me.
There are not parking lots around. Their is actually a mall with parking right next to it, i'm wondering if the mall will try to block people from parking there. The rest is street parking. There is no Barclays arena parking lot. There is a ton of train paths there. To say there is more trains there than MSG is semantics (as well as a stupid argument) because MSG has multiple stations, Barclays just has the one. But again, it someone wants to argue by counting train lines i think they retarded.

If you are going there, either
1) Get there early and park in the neighborhood, grab an early dinner, shop and then drive home

OR

2) Take train.

Don't plan to drive there and park an hour before the game, it's not happening.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #27
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
There are not parking lots around. Their is actually a mall with parking right next to it, i'm wondering if the mall will try to block people from parking there. The rest is street parking. There is no Barclays arena parking lot. There is a ton of train paths there. To say there is more trains there than MSG is semantics (as well as a stupid argument) because MSG has multiple stations, Barclays just has the one. But again, it someone wants to argue by counting train lines i think they retarded.

If you are going there, either
1) Get there early and park in the neighborhood, grab an early dinner, shop and then drive home

OR

2) Take train.

Don't plan to drive there and park an hour before the game, it's not happening.
Well I live in Queens so I'd take the train obviously xD.

Really? Theres no parking lot for Barclays? I could have swore I read something about a not-so-big parking lot near the arena.

I got this from Barclays Center's website:
Quote:
Parking
Parking at Barclays Center is very limited. We strongly recommend using public transportation.

Eleven Trains. One Destination. Barclays Center.
Public Transportation is the fastest and most convenient way to Barclays Center.

If you decide to drive, purchase parking space in advance through our partner, Click and Park.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #28
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Well I live in Queens so I'd take the train obviously xD.

Really? Theres no parking lot for Barclays? I could have swore I read something about a not-so-big parking lot near the arena.

I got this from Barclays Center's website:
Yes, that parking lot is there. I apoligize. I didn't realize it was theirs. It was their prior. It's relatively small. It's not so big the way i would be a not so big nba player (i'm 5'5''.) I didnt know they were calling that their parking lot.

Subway is the way to go! OR drive further in, take the train 2 stops in 10 minutes.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #29
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

I can't wait to go. I take the train to Mets games all the time from Jersey, and this seems like it'll be even easier and faster to get to. And the arena looks absolutely gorgeous.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #30
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Yes, that parking lot is there. I apoligize. I didn't realize it was theirs. It was their prior. It's relatively small. It's not so big the way i would be a not so big nba player (i'm 5'5''.) I didnt know they were calling that their parking lot.

Subway is the way to go! OR drive further in, take the train 2 stops in 10 minutes.
Yeah I doubt us regular people can get parking there, probably reserved for VIP.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: