Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Lakers games only airing on Time Warner Cable.

Didn't see a thread, but right now the new Time Warner SportsNet, which will be carrying every Lakers game this season, does not have a contract with any other providers besides Time Warner Cable.

That means unless you have Time Warner Cable, the only Lakers games you will see are the nationally televised games.

Now, a deal could still be made before the season starts, but I've heard Time Warner is asking for $4 per subscriber. That means that if Cox, or Verizon, or Direct-TV want to carry Time Warner SportsNet, they will have to pay $4 for every customer they have in Southern California.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers games only airing on Time Warner Cable.

What if I have dish network but order NBA League Pass?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I have Time Warner so I'm good, but think this is just bad business to do things like this. I expect things to change before the season starts.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
What if I have dish network but order NBA League Pass?

I believe home games will be blacked out, and you will be able to watch road games... assuming you live in Southern California.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can always stream the games. Yeah, crap quality but better than nothing..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

well this year will be the least amount of games ill watch since i started watching games......
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So far, this is the only provider that has signed with TWC to carry TWCSportsNet...

Looks like it will go down to the wire for each and every carrier. As these companies sign up (i.e. DirecTV, ATT Universe, FiOS, Cox Communications, etc.), pay particular attention as to whether they sign up for both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD). Obviously, all of us who have big screen TV's want to watch in HD and I am told that it is possible that not all carriers will have TWCSportsNet in HD.

Quote:
Bright House Networks Launches Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes

Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes are now provided to Southern California Bright House Networks subscribers. These networks are the local TV homes for Los Angeles Lakers, LA Galaxy and Los Angeles Sparks games, as well as in-depth, dedicated, team-focused programming.

Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bright...003300384.html

p.s. I have never even heard of Bright House Networks...lol

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SoCal? you're back?
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So far, this is the only provider that has signed with TWC to carry TWCSportsNet...

Looks like it will go down to the wire for each and every carrier. As these companies sign up (i.e. DirecTV, ATT Universe, FiOS, Cox Communications, etc.), pay particular attention as to whether they sign up for both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD). Obviously, all of us who have big screen TV's want to watch in HD and I am told that it is possible that not all carriers will have TWCSportsNet in HD.

Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bright...003300384.html

p.s. I have never even heard of Bright House Networks...lol

Not very pleased with Dish Network as they don't even appear to be making any effort to get this problem resolved. Most of my friends have Dish Network and are unwilling to change. Does this hurt laker numbers for viewing?

P.S. I hope you are back to stay. Missed ya buddy.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: