Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #61
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: What do you think of Tony Romo? Top 10? Top 5? Your thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
great spot for the eagles tiddy, all the sharps are on the eagles
honestly I think that game is extremely difficult to predict...no telling which Eli or Vick will show up

almost a coin flip
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #62
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
honestly I think that game is extremely difficult to predict...no telling which Eli or Vick will show up

almost a coin flip
eagles coming off a loss is a great spot while giants off a win hence why eagles slightly favored even though giants appear to be better team.

sharps on eagles this week tiddy
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #63
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
the fckin title of the article says

just STFU...

^^^ coming to your NFL stadium SOON!!! get your popcorn ready!!!

The title is selling controversy. Reid said Vick isnt getting benched. Damn you're so stupid. Media took a line and ran with it and have idiots like you buying into it. He never said Vick could get bench. He wouldnt bench Vick unless injury. These are facts. You deal with offbase opinions as usual. Media loves a QB controversy. Eagles 2-1. QB isnt the problem d!ckhead.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #64
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

You made a good bet Niko.

Bears should win by at least 7. Chicago matched up very well against Dallas and its safe to say our defense has been much better. And even though we have looked pedestrian our last two games, the cowboys have even been worse. The difference is we can cause turnovers where as I don't see that from the cowboys.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #65
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The title is selling controversy. Reid said Vick isnt getting benched. Damn you're so stupid. Media took a line and ran with it and have idiots like you buying into it. He never said Vick could get bench. He wouldnt bench Vick unless injury. These are facts. You deal with offbase opinions as usual. Media loves a QB controversy. Eagles 2-1. QB isnt the problem d!ckhead.
Do you think Foles has what it takes to get you guys over the edge this year? Guess we will see.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #66
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
He's somewhere in 6-10 range.

Top 5 are Brady, Brees, Rogers, Eli, Roethlisberger.

6-10 are Romo, Ryan, Peyton(should be in top 5 but we don't know with the injury), Rivers, Stafford.

Flacco and Ryan are ahead of Romo and probably Peyton at this point. Definitely ahead of Rivers, who has taken huge steps backwards, and Stafford who is a product of a lot of hype, some games with big numbers and little else.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #67
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Flacco and Ryan are ahead of Romo and probably Peyton at this point. Definitely ahead of Rivers, who has taken huge steps backwards, and Stafford who is a product of a lot of hype, some games with big numbers and little else.
can you tell me why Flacco and Ryan are ahead of Romo? it isn't stats or playoff wins, so what is it?
Old 09-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #68
sunsfan1357
Word.

I thought people were going to wait to see what Peyton does in the regular season to rank him again, but I see everyone is putting him in the top 8-ish range. What has he done so far this season to make people comfortable doing that?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #69
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

He looks the exact same as Peyton from a couple years ago save for the dumb mental mistakes which will not continue. His brain is as good as ever, he'll shake off the rust of not having played football since January 9th, 2011....that's 1 year and 8 months away from football.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #70
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
can you tell me why Flacco and Ryan are ahead of Romo? it isn't stats or playoff wins, so what is it?

In Flacco's case playoff wins are definitely a factor. He's yet to miss a start in his career, has made the playoffs each year, and if not for a blown catch and a blown FG, he had his team in position to go to the Super Bowl. I don't know how you ignore those factors. If I'm not mistaken, he has the best record in the NFL since the day he started his first game for Baltimore. Like Ryan, he's also 5 years younger than Romo, which is another consideration.

Ryan? Over the last two years I think he has progressed on almost a weekly basis to the point where he's playing as well as just about any QB in the league. Atlanta has the third of fourth best home record in the league during the time he's been their QB. Better W-L record, essentially the same TD/INT ratio as Romo. Now, if he continues to flop in the post season, that's going to impact where he stands. But right now...today...I have him rated higher than Romo, who has also been a post season flop.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #71
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I don't like using Ws and Ls because THE RAVENS did that, not Flacco, the Falcons flopped, etc...but with Flacco you are using Wins and NOT stats.

then with Ryan you are ignoring Romo's 1 playoff win and using stats (which are worse than Romo's)...it is inconsistent

the only time Ryan has had better numbers than Romo are these first 3 games which is a horrible sample size considering Romo went to Seattle.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #72
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I don't like using Ws and Ls because THE RAVENS did that, not Flacco, the Falcons flopped, etc...but with Flacco you are using Wins and NOT stats.

then with Ryan you are ignoring Romo's 1 playoff win and using stats (which are worse than Romo's)...it is inconsistent

the only time Ryan has had better numbers than Romo are these first 3 games which is a horrible sample size considering Romo went to Seattle.

So if the RAVENS won and the FALCONS flopped, how come Romo has a playoff win? It's consistency you're after, right?

The thread title says "What do you think about..." and ends with "What are your thoughts?". It didn't stipulate criteria, but I;ll tell you anyway.

I look at QB like I would as a GM. Here's what's important to me:

With competitive talent around him, does the guy win games? Each of the 3 has had that talent. Flacco and Ryan have won at a higher percentage than Romo.

In the post season, does the guy step up and win games? Flacco? Yes. Romo and Ryan? Not so much, and I admitted as much with Ryan. So Romo has an edge for a game he won after the 2009 season.

How fast can the guy get up to speed and justify my faith in him as my franchise QB? Ryan and Flacco are 27 and performing at this level. Stepped into the league as starters. Romo is 32 and spent a couple years in the league learning before they felt he could play. With that, today, he's playing at a level slightly behind those guys imo.

Can I count on him to play every week? Flacco hasn't missed a start in his career. Ryan has missed two. I can't recall the particulars of Romo's first year as a starter (whether he missed games due to injury or if he just hadn't gotten the nod yet). In either case, he's missed somewhere between 13-19 starts in his career.

As for a reliance on stats, aside from W-L and TD/INT, I have little use for them.

So, when asked my thoughts on those QB, that's how I arrive at them. No bias toward a team. No heavly reliance on what they did a few years ago. Today, how do I view those guys?

I have Flacco well ahead, Ryan slightly ahead, and have added the caveat that Ryan must step up this post season to maintain that edge.

ETA: It's interesting what a juggernaut Seattle's D becomes after a team gets beaten by them. No respect going in, but afterward they're the Purple People Eaters. Not just referring to you or dal fans. GB the same way, along with teams they beat last year when I was hearing how their defensive stats were a fluke.

Last edited by JMT : 09-28-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #73
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
So if the RAVENS won and the FALCONS flopped, how come Romo has a playoff win? It's consistency you're after, right?

The thread title says "What do you think about..." and ends with "What are your thoughts?". It didn't stipulate criteria, but I;ll tell you anyway.

I look at QB like I would as a GM. Here's what's important to me:

With competitive talent around him, does the guy win games? Each of the 3 has had that talent. Flacco and Ryan have won at a higher percentage than Romo.

In the post season, does the guy step up and win games? Flacco? Yes. Romo and Ryan? Not so much, and I admitted as much with Ryan. So Romo has an edge for a game he won after the 2009 season.

How fast can the guy get up to speed and justify my faith in him as my franchise QB? Ryan and Flacco are 27 and performing at this level. Stepped into the league as starters. Romo is 32 and spent a couple years in the league learning before they felt he could play. With that, today, he's playing at a level slightly behind those guys imo.

Can I count on him to play every week? Flacco hasn't missed a start in his career. Ryan has missed two. I can't recall the particulars of Romo's first year as a starter (whether he missed games due to injury or if he just hadn't gotten the nod yet). In either case, he's missed somewhere between 13-19 starts in his career.

So, when asked my thoughts on those QB, that's how I arrive at them. No bias toward a team. No heavly reliance on what they did a few years ago. Today, how do I view those guys?

I have Flacco well ahead, Ryan slightly ahead, and have added the caveat that Ryan must step up this post season to maintain that edge.

Romo will play through pain now. I think at this point in his career it will take alot to have Romo miss a game. Didn't he play with broken ribs and a messed up throwing hand last season?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #74
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Romo will play through pain now. I think at this point in his career it will take alot to have Romo miss a game. Didn't he play with broken ribs and a messed up throwing hand last season?

Never said he wouldn't. Just that the facts show that he misses games while the other guys haven't.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #75
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

yeah I was saying it would be 1 playoff win for Romo IN YOUR EYES

in my eyes it was the Dallas Cowboys that won and lost games...perhaps if Romo was on the Ravens he would have 5 rings, it is impossible to know so using Ws and Ls as a stat for one player doesn't work for me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: