Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #91
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Week 4 Discussion and Game Thread

Shurmur and the Browns come out and express their frustration with Little's drops this week, so he comes out and responds by dropping 5 passes including the possible game winning TD.

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #92
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What I want to know, why is Weeden throwing the ball 52 times and Richardson only running the ball 14 times?
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #93
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
What I want to know, why is Weeden throwing the ball 52 times and Richardson only running the ball 14 times?

they were behind pretty much the whole game and down 10-23 at one point
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #94
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm

Right, I get that, but you'd still think getting Richardson 3-5 more carries earlier in the game would've been a priority. It's not the 52 passes by Weeden that surprise me given the situation; it's the discrepancy between his pass attempts and Richardson's rush attempts.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #95
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Shurmur and the Browns come out and express their frustration with Little's drops this week, so he comes out and responds by dropping 5 passes including the possible game winning TD.

Shumur needs to express frustration at Shurmur for running the ball 17 times out of 70 offensive plays when your best skill position player by far is your running back (Richardson with a whopping 14 carries).

He is a horrible playcaller.

Little has problems, no doubt, but our receivers are a good reason NOT to throw the ball 52 times in a close, grind-it-out game in bad weather.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #96
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
It was a close game pretty much all the way through. There was no reason to throw the ball as much as the Browns did... But, then again, he's done that in pretty much every game that he has ever coached.

Awful playcalling. Just abhorrent.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #97
KG215

Weeden, at most, should only be throwing the ball 25-30 times, and Richardson should be getting 20-25 carries in my opinion.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #98
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Weeden, at most, should only be throwing the ball 25-30 times, and Richardson should be getting 20-25 carries in my opinion.
It's not like Weeden is playing poorly. I don't mind giving him more responsibility than maybe a rookie QB who looks totally out of his element and overwhelmed.

But, 52 pass attempts? When Richardson is running well in a game that was within a score for the majority of the game? Shumur's offense is also totally predictable. Here's how he does it.... Pass on first, run on second, pass on third. I'm not sure there is an instance this season of Shurmur running on both first and second down. Or mixing in a draw to make a defense think on a third-and-medium.

He just loves to throw way too much.

Just look at the numbers and keep in mind these were all either very close or reasonably close games...

@Baltimore
Weeden - 52 pass attempts
Richardson - 14 rush attempts

vs. Buffalo
Weeden - 42 pass attempts
Richardson - 12 rush attempts

@Cincinnati
Weeden - 37 pass attempts
Richardson - 19 rush attempts (for 109 yards)

vs. Philadelphia
Weeden - 35 pass attempts
Richardson - 19 rush attempts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #99
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Shumur needs to express frustration at Shurmur for running the ball 17 times out of 70 offensive plays when your best skill position player by far is your running back (Richardson with a whopping 14 carries).

He is a horrible playcaller.

Little has problems, no doubt, but our receivers are a good reason NOT to throw the ball 52 times in a close, grind-it-out game in bad weather.
I thought Childress was doing the play calling now? Either way, I agree with you.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #100
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
I thought Childress was doing the play calling now? Either way, I agree with you.
They share the duties.... But, having watched Shumur's offense all last year, I'm seeing his fingerprints all over the first four games.

Both need kicked in the face.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #101
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Weeden is pretty good. The ball needs to be in Trent Richardson's hands though.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:59 AM   #102
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Haven't seen much of the Browns this year, but Trent Richardson is absurdly good. It seems like he adds about 5 extra yards to the end of each run...I was unsure he'd be able to do that so consistently in the pros. Not sure why we aren't seeing more of him - one of my favorite players in the league to watch at this point.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:22 AM   #103
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I noticed Shurmur's obsession with passing was evident last year too, I remember a game where Colt McCoy went 40/61. From what I've seen out of Shurmur, he just doesn't have it as a head coach in the NFL. I think the Browns seriously need a good head coach. They've had many coaching changes so I know they don't want to go through another one, but Shurmur seems even worse than Romeo or Mangini.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #104
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Andy Reid disciple. Throw to set up the run. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #105
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Andy Reid disciple. Throw to set up the run. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It's amazing how coaches mirror their former superiors coaching philosophies down to a T.
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: