Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #31
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: #49 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
5 rings (two different teams)
8 season with more than 14 RPG compared to Ben's 1

that's why i'm voting for Rodman and not Big Ben

I love ben, and his time will come
So even though Ben was better than Dennis, because Dennis was put in a better situation, that means he is greater? That makes just about no sense.

Vote Robert Horry while you are at it.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #32
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
So even though Ben was better than Dennis, because Dennis was put in a better situation, that means he is greater? That makes just about no sense.

Vote Robert Horry while you are at it.
How is Ben better than Rodman?

Rodman is the greatest rebounder of all time. That is a big deal.

and why would i vote for Horry?
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #33
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Ben is one of the best rebounders of all-time too and Ben is also one of the best defensive players of all-time and was a defensive anchor. Rodman was not a defensive anchor. He was a versatile defender but he couldn't anchor a defense and block/alter shots the way Ben could.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #34
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputation

be my guest. vote for Ben.

I'm a huge big ben fan.

you're just hatin because AI got voted in before Walton
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #35
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Duncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this board

Quote:

and why would i vote for Horry?
Ben Wallace was actually the best player on the 2004 Pistons and the only player who made the allstar team. Not to mention he finished much higher in MVP voting than anyone else on that team. Rodman on that team and that team loses to New Jersey in the 2nd round. Rodman needs veteran leadership on a team to do anything. He sabatoged 2 seasons with San Antonio.
Duncan21formvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #36
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

VOTE = Paul "Top 50 player of all-time, top 10 SF of all-time" Pierce

#50 spot should go to Tracy "Legendary SG Peak" McGrady.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #37
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rodman is a hard one to call. He pretty much makes you decide if greatest player even considers the 95% of the time a player is not scoring. because he was good to all time great at all of it ball handling aside. Just about everything that happens on a basketball court...that isnt for the purpose of scoring? He was good to great.

Might be the GOAT rebounder. An all time great man to man defender. He was a smart team defender. He could pass. Run the floor well. By all accounts he was as hard a worker as anyone ever saw. set great screens. Defended all 5 positions at one time or another(he guarded everyone from guards to Shaq).

Hes not scoring...but for 6 years in a row hes getting 6 offensive rebounds a game. How do you disregard 6 extra possessions a game? He has 10 points..but 34 rebounds...18 on offense(game vs the Pacers....it happened)? And the teams wins a close game? Why does it matter he didnt put the points on the board himself? who is more responsible for them when hes creating the possession from scratch?

Is Rodman going to make the Bobcats improve more than Pierce in his prime? No.

Is he..."greater"?

Im not sure he isnt.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #38
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
VOTE = Paul "Top 50 player of all-time, top 10 SF of all-time" Pierce

#50 spot should go to Tracy "Legendary SG Peak" McGrady.

So is it being assumed this guy is voting with multiple names so they arent counted or what?
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #39
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Paul Pierce.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #40
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
So is it being assumed this guy is voting with multiple names so they arent counted or what?

No, I'm not voting with multiple names. I just copied StateOfMind's vote.

Don't take my votes too seriously anyway. I'm the casualest of casual fans.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #41
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It would be a crying shame that Big Game James would be left off the top 50 list.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #42
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

changing my vote from Nate to Rodman
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #43
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Pierce
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #44
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Boston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat cool

was gonna vote rodman in a couple spots down but since nate doesnt have a chance here ill change my vote to rodman now
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #45
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pierce
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: