Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
SacJB Shady
College superstar

Default Webber says GSW will be the most exciting team this year

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...s=iref:nbahpt1

Look guys Im sorry but the Warriors are not getting enough attention. Sure, I understand that they don't deserve it until they prove it. Health is a factor but you must know that any team can get unlucky. But some will agree with me that this team is getting overlooked. They have the perfect combination of three point shooting, scoring, and even legit big men who can pass. They have really good depth. They have what a lot of teams lack. They are ranked 17 on espn which is probably an improvement since last year but I'm not buying it. I believe they are better than that. On paper I couldn't have expected more of an improvement.
They are definitely flying on the radar. I look at some of the teams ranked above them and I would pick GSW even if I wasn't a fan or biased and that is honesty.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #2
kNIOKAS
There will be plaster

Default Re: Webber says GSW will be the most exciting team this year

When you think of it, there are not many teams that are guaranteed bottom feeders this year. Each and every team has somewhat of a potential... I could think of like 2-3 teams in each conference that with current roster couldn't really be fighting for a playoff spot.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:33 AM   #3
Cali Syndicate
Great college starter

And the warriors are not getting any/enough attention because they keep falling apart. They haven't made much progress over the past few years. It's the same ol in and the same ol out. Needs to put more streaks together but doesn't pan out that way. Hasn't anyways for that matter. I understand the acquired additions and am for one a hopeful, as I am every season, but health is the concern, which has been the last number of seasons.....

Excuses and whatnot, warriors need to make the playoffs. Make a push in order to gain recognition. Exciting or not, it about success. That's what has counted at the end.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

Depends on what you consider "exciting". I would love to watch all of them healthy and playing well but I'm not sure if I would call them exciting. There's no high-flyers or hype men on that team. Not like the '06 Warriors. That team was exciting cuz you had guys like J-Rich and B-diddy jumping out of the gym 120 points a night on average under Don Nelson's coaching. And Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson to hype it all up
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Webber is wrong.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

houston rockets
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

I am really looking forward to seeing the Warriors play! Jarret Jack is a great backup pg.... I believe Klay Thompson can become this generation's version of Reggie Miller.....I like D. Lee but feel GS would be a real threat with a rugged son of a Bi%$! rebounding and playing defense at the pf spot..............nonetheless, I'll be following these guys this year
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
keepinitreal
Great young streetballer

*If* they can stay healthy, they will be pretty exciting to watch, but still not as exciting as the Heat or Lakers...
keepinitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
fsvr54
Bitch Hands

I agree with Webber. I can't wait for Harrison Barnes.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
Smoke117
Too Far Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
I am really looking forward to seeing the Warriors play! Jarret Jack is a great backup pg.... I believe Klay Thompson can become this generation's version of Reggie Miller.....I like D. Lee but feel GS would be a real threat with a rugged son of a Bi%$! rebounding and playing defense at the pf spot..............nonetheless, I'll be following these guys this year

They don't need that...they have Bogut. A healthy Bogut is a top three anchor in the league defensively. He's easily the 2nd best defensive center after Howard when healthy and 3rd overall as far as impact after KG. I'm not really sure what Webber means by "exciting"...does he mean run and gun and shoot a lot of shots? If anything this is the Warriors chance to finally get away from that style and Bogut is the one who allows them to do that. This franchise hasn't been able to stress defense regularly since the god damn 70s.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

It's going to be very exciting seeing them intentionally foul both LA teams over and over and over and over this season. PUMPED!
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #12
Kujo
National High School Star

Bogut has to stay healthy. He pretty much never has, so I'm not putting a lot of stock in the Warriors being a play-off team this year.

That being said, no doubt, they'll be dangerous, and probably sneak into the play-offs if everything clicks, and they stay relatively healthy.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #13
SourPatchKids
o()xxx[{::::::::::::>

C-Webb knows his hoops.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
tmacattack33
NBA sixth man of the year

Webber is one of the best analysts out there.

I don't know what's going on in G State, but ill take his word for it and maybe pay them a little attention for the first few weeks this year.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
Whoah10115
Linja Status

I don't know how exciting they'll be, but they will be good. I repeat concerns about the makeup of their backcourt. To have Curry at PG, with Lee's passing and running the floor and Bogut's passing out of the post, works very well. But to have that next to a SG like Klay Thompson, I don't know. Harrison Barnes seems a strong fit off the bench for now. I would like to have seen Jordan have some balls and back up his remarkable love for Barnes (who I thought he would take #2), and be willing to take advantage and trade MKG for Barnes and something else. But whatever, I wish Golden State had gone after Lowry because I think he'd be perfect for them.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: